Nov 19, 2008
✟7,728.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I prayed to God for the help when I was in the difficulty when I was a child

When I turned 13,
Jesus appeared to me and told that I was not then on the right way yet.

Jesus said to me that he is Jesus and that he has died for me on the cross.

However, however, I forgot this and said 7 years later to God, if you save my life from this, I give me to you.

Lord took my life and has taken care of me.

Does somebody give feedback, I did with the help of this translation machine.

Upvote 0

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
We were walking out one day along the canal,behind which we lived. It was a lovely,sunny,peaceful day. My three children were with me and my cousin and her husband. It was a beautiful setting with the parish church on the other side of the canal,surrounded by trees and fields.

Suddenly we heard some boys shouting from a bridge overlooking the canal,''Help!Quick! There's a girl in the water!'' I had been wandering ahead with the younger daughter and my son and older daughter were walking behind with my cousin and her husband. Our older daughter had gone onto a fishing platform beside the canal and slipped in before being noticed by us.

I ran quickly back shouting,''O God,save her! O God save her!'' My cousin's husband was already in the water,frantically trying to get hold of her. It seemed some time before he lifted her up and passed her out to me. She was covered in green slime and weed and seemed lifeless. Amazingly she had not swallowed any water and then a little voice suddenly piped up,''It's alright daddy,I'm not deaded!'

We rushed her home to her mum,who put her straight in the bath and she was 'right as rain' afterward. God had indeed saved her from the water!

When our children were small,we were going to get them ready for school one day. Our son and younger daughter were quick to get out of bed,but our older daughter was not so eager. We left her for a while and after returning to her, encouraged her to get up or she would be late for school. She did not want to and could not get out of bed. 'Come on now,wakey,wakey,it's time to get ready for school!' It soon became evident to us that she was ill and despite prayer could not get out of bed. We called the doctor who had her sent by ambulance to hospital,with suspected virus meningitus.

She underwent lumbar injections and further examinations and was very ill. People that we knew, were praying for her and a minister friend,as well as ourselves and others, prayed for her in the hospital. God answered prayer and after a week she was declared well enough to go home and has had no trouble with that since.

She served ten years in the R A F and is now studying at Bible School,in her third year,for ministry. We believe that God saved her for a purpose and she was saved from the water,but also has been saved eternally,because she accepted God's free gift of salvation and is 'saved to serve.'

Upvote 0

lilmissmontana

singing my hallelujah song
Feb 22, 2005
the wings of a snow white dove
✟153,558.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
We were walking out one day along the canal,behind which we lived. It was a lovely,sunny,peaceful day. My three children were with me and my cousin and her husband. It was a beautiful setting with the parish church on the other side of the canal,surrounded by trees and fields.

Suddenly we heard some boys shouting from a bridge overlooking the canal,''Help!Quick! There's a girl in the water!'' I had been wandering ahead with the younger daughter and my son and older daughter were walking behind with my cousin and her husband. Our older daughter had gone onto a fishing platform beside the canal and slipped in before being noticed by us.

I ran quickly back shouting,''O God,save her! O God save her!'' My cousin's husband was already in the water,frantically trying to get hold of her. It seemed some time before he lifted her up and passed her out to me. She was covered in green slime and weed and seemed lifeless. Amazingly she had not swallowed any water and then a little voice suddenly piped up,''It's alright daddy,I'm not deaded!'

We rushed her home to her mum,who put her straight in the bath and she was 'right as rain' afterward. God had indeed saved her from the water!

When our children were small,we were going to get them ready for school one day. Our son and younger daughter were quick to get out of bed,but our older daughter was not so eager. We left her for a while and after returning to her, encouraged her to get up or she would be late for school. She did not want to and could not get out of bed. 'Come on now,wakey,wakey,it's time to get ready for school!' It soon became evident to us that she was ill and despite prayer could not get out of bed. We called the doctor who had her sent by ambulance to hospital,with suspected virus meningitus.

She underwent lumbar injections and further examinations and was very ill. People that we knew, were praying for her and a minister friend,as well as ourselves and others, prayed for her in the hospital. God answered prayer and after a week she was declared well enough to go home and has had no trouble with that since.

She served ten years in the R A F and is now studying at Bible School,in her third year,for ministry. We believe that God saved her for a purpose and she was saved from the water,but also has been saved eternally,because she accepted God's free gift of salvation and is 'saved to serve.'

Wow! That's just awesome, quietbloke! The Lord is so good! Thank you for sharing this :).

• Friendly
Reactions: Gabriel Anton
Upvote 0

mssurrendered

With God ALL things are possible
Oct 18, 2007
British columbia Canada
✟45,576.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Just got off the phone from my sweet 86 year old mother.Its interesting she phoned me 3 times tonight to add more to what we were talking about.
She was telling me about(which I already knew) about her years when she was backslidden.She always tells me the devil reminds her but she knows shes been forgiven of her sins.
She had been brought up in a good home,raised in the church and went to bible school for a year,she then went on to teaching school.Thats where she started backslidding.She lived in the world for 8 years and then recommitted her life to Christ,my dad 2 days later(he became a minister).This was 58 yearsago.It still bothers her.
Tonight I asked her what was the first thing that happened that you noticed,where it started?She said she went out to some girls house with a bunch of girls,and someone offered her some wine,and she said no thanks.Then they tried to give her a smoke and she said no again.Then one girl said smartly to her "Boy this girl has no bad habits".And then it started.
I had never asked her about that till tonight,we have talked lots about it but not about when she started her rebellion to God.I then said to her,"Mother that is exactly what happened to me,I was teased about been a ministers kid and I just caved and felt pressured".Its intresting cause I didn`t know we had the same experience.
My mother said that she had no excuse,because she had come from such a good christian upbringing.And I asked her what about me,I was too, and I was years in the world.She then said that I had been moved around too much.Then I told her that is no excuse mother,it was the devil,he just attacked us cause he knew we were the Lords and he didn`t want us to be.
Wow I`m so thankful to the Lord that my mom made that choice years ago to serve Him again and raised me to know the ways of the LOrd and prayed for me all of them years.And even though I fell,I`m back with Him,forgiven as if I never ever did it.God is so cool!!!!

Upvote 0

JoynTx

Joyfilled Believer
May 21, 2008
Texas
✟20,966.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
That is so awesome Mss and our God is an awesome God! That is simular to what happened in my own life. Peer pressure and just giving in to what I thought to be a "fun" kind of life. So many wasted years when I really thought I was happy. Little did I know (or maybe I did and just ignored it) that the only true happiness and true peace is in Jesus. Thank God for a praying mother who never gave up on me.

Thanks for sharing this...it really blessed me this morning.

• Friendly
Reactions: Gabriel Anton
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mssurrendered

With God ALL things are possible
Oct 18, 2007
British columbia Canada
✟45,576.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Today is my daughters 40th birthday and I have been thinking lots of the last 40 years and so thought I would write a small testimony.
I had my daughter when I was 15 years old,I was a very rebellious teenager.I was brought up in the church and I still don`t know to this day why I rebelled so badly.I guess the devil just got ahold of me and it took me many many years of trials and troubles to surrender my life to the Lord.Now let me tell you,that was the best choice I ever made in my life.I used to feel such shame from my past.I never felt that I was worthy for God to love me and the day I let the Lord take control of my life I totally lost all of the shame and condemnation I had felt for many years.That day 6 years ago I was reading the book the Purpose Driven Life and it said in it that you have to let Christ in the drivers seat of your life and let Him take control of the steering wheel.
That day when I read them words and made that decision to let Christ take control of my life was the day everything in my life changed.I knew then how much the Lord loved me and had always been there waiting for me to come back to Him.My whole life changed.
The Lord has been so good to me.My daughter that turned 40 today is a beautiful woman.She has a wonderful husband and a 18 year old son and a 16 year old daughter.She has a very blessed life and God has been very good to her.
My cup runneth over,the Lord has been so good to me.It still amazes me that He just forgave and forgot all of my past sins.All I had to do was surrender my life to Him and let Christ take that steering wheel in my life.Thank You Lord for all You have done for me.

Upvote 0

JoynTx

Joyfilled Believer
May 21, 2008
Texas
✟20,966.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Not sure how I missed this before...

Wow, that blessed me Marlene! What an awesome God we serve. He did the same thing for me and will do the same for anyone who surrenders their life to Him. He frees us from all the guilt and condemnation we feel and wipes the slate clean. And this is the part that I've always found so amazing... He forgets all our past sin.
Thanks for sharing that my sister, my friend. :hug:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Beanieboy

Senior Veteran
Jan 20, 2006
✟50,122.00
Faith
Christian
I would like to share something. I have spoken in tongues since I was 18 or so, but recently, have started singing in tongues, almost nonstop, waiting for the bus, shopping, as well as in private prayer. And I'm really busy. I teach FT and take grad classes. But I was thinking about how tired I was, and the song changed.

It was a lullaby. And I began to think about how so often, we are taught that God demands our praise, like this big Ego God, and people don't understand, or maybe resent it. And over the years, I have learned that God is the one loving us, the one trying to get our attention.

So, I kept thinking that these songs were for God, for my edification,to make me better or to praise God, and God reminded me of a quote:

"God create us because he thought we might enjoy it"

So, turned off the lights, and realized that the Spirit was singing me a lullaby, singing me to sleep. And then I thought of the fear that people had in the night for pretators, so he gave us stars, to look at.

It's like a parent loving a child. We don't have to earn God's love. We don't have to spend all day saying, "You are the best daddy ever!" We just sometimes have to allow him to love us, to acknowledge that, that we are precious to him, diamonds to shine from within.

We probably serve God far more by loving one another, than saying "Praise you Jesus" and mistreating our brother.

So, I thought all this time, I was singing to him, and sometimes, he was singing me to sleep. And it's moved me very deeply, and I wanted to share, and hope it give some hope and insight to you. I wanted to know so badly why I was singing, the same so, why it was flowing and overflowing from my heart. He reminded me of my child hood, and I would sing all the time, songs like, "I love my mom, and she's vacuuming the floor..." I sing in tongues because he thought that I might like it.

He was doing it for me.

I can't stop crying

Upvote 0

lilmissmontana

singing my hallelujah song
Feb 22, 2005
the wings of a snow white dove
✟153,558.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
We probably serve God far more by loving one another, than saying "Praise you Jesus" and mistreating our brother.

:) It's true ... loving one another is of the utmost importance ...

Thank you for your testimony

Upvote 0