God's Girl
Aug 15, 2012
God's Creation
✟7,914.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Amen!! Thank Him so much for this love that never fails!

I have a great testimony. I traveled to this huge city to a Christian youth conference and I was really excited for it. But I got all my money stolen on the very first day!! I had no money for food or transportation and nobody to ask for help. I was so desperate. Then one night during worship service, as I looked through my pockets struggling to find at least a little bit of money I could give to the church, I found a certain sum of money that certainly WASN'T there before!! It was enough to pay for both food and the metro. I was overjoyed. God looked after me in my desperation. I was so humbled and blessed. :) Our God is a God of miracles!

Upvote 0

GMelesko

Jan 22, 2013
Warwick, RI
✟15,133.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The Thursday before Christmas, while at work, another member of the of the airport staff, Martin, came up to my podium and starting talking to me. He asked me what my family and I were doing for Christmas and if I planned on taking them to church. When I said no, he told me I should and began preaching. After he left, I was kind of annoyed. Why would someone feel the need to preach to me. Christmas passed and the new year came. My wife and I were out at a local book store and instead of heading to the magazine rack and to the science fiction rack I was driven to go to the Christianity section. I bought a Bible that day. Later that night I was sitting with my Bible on the couch and decided to look up stuff about the Bible on the internet. I found a National Geographic documentary about the Gospel of Judas. While watching I was moved by the stories of the Gnostic Christians, especially one Gnostic Christian woman who died during a massacre of the Gnostic Christians by the Romans, but her love for Jesus was so strong and moving that some Roman soldiers left and began to worship Jesus. I wanted this same devotion. Back at the airport and at my podium I saw Martin and thanked him and told him about my new found passion and drive. He said the Holy Spirit was working through me and to continue to listen. He gave me the name of videos I should look for youtube. So I watched Jentezen Franklin and I loved it. Its what I needed and was looking for. I started praying and reading my Bible, joined this forum, found information about fasting and found a local Pentecostal church. When I prayed I thanked the Lord for the gift of the Holy Spirit and for everything he has blessed me with and I asked for the means to better my financial standing. Monday January 23, I got a call while at work. My boss had been offered job at a different company and would leaving he recommended me and only me for promotion.

To any of you new to this website looking for Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit or those who are down in faith and wonder why things haven't been going well for you, I tell you God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit are working and answering prayer and will put you on your path. This Sunday evening will be my first Pentecostal church service I attend in over 20 years. I will fast Friday, Saturday, and Sunday and I will pray fr everyone that the Holy Spirit move you and he has moved me and place you on your path as he has placed me. I may not know any of you, but I love you all. God bless all of you.

• Winner
Reactions: DavidFirth
Upvote 0

FlowerGirl18

God's Girl
Aug 15, 2012
God's Creation
✟7,914.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Praise God! He is so good! I am having a wonderul time just getting closer with Him, enjoying intimacy with my Savior, and he keeps lavishing His amazing gifts and blessings on me like I never thought possible. He is a good and gracious God!!

Reactions: DavidFirth
Upvote 0

usmilret

usmilret
Feb 23, 2013
✟7,663.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Father in the name of Jesus I ask you to open spiritual eyes and ears of those who read this testimony. I ask that you change people through this testimony for your glory. Amen

My letter of testimony and how I was delivered through depression and bipolar.

I grew up in an abusive family. I only knew my father when I was very young. He left when I was five years old. If Christ was at the center of my family life I am certain my family would have never had experienced the problems that we did. Family abuse ran through generations
I quit school at seventeen, and at nineteen years old I joined the Army.
The Army that offered me the chance to finish high school and I almost didn’t. Just before I finished my enlistment I finally graduated high school and a couple of college courses.

Dabbling in the occult

My personal warning to you is this. Never open yourself to the Devil through the occult . Never dabble into the occult for if you do then you will find yourself giving Satan a legal foothold into your life. He will get it through deception as in my case and once he does he will rule you with the aim of turning you away from God. If you let this kind of evil in your life the cloak of sin will hide your very face from God himself. I didn’t say God’s face from you but yours from God

Satan the destroyer

During my early years in the service I read a book titled learn extra sensory perception (ESP), a seemingly innocent little book. That book started to show you things that involved the occult. Some of the subjects covered were mind reading, astral projection, meditation, thought projection and ghost writing. Dangerous stuff because it is contrary to the Word of God. The worst of it was the prayer. The book instructed me to pray to something other than God.
The book laid out how I should pray to the Cosmos, the stars. This was to receive special powers. There are many warnings in the bible to stay away from the occult. I prayed anyway. Two evil spirits then entered me quickly. I dabbled in the occult a bit and lost interest but after that I began to change in a negative way. I started to hate the very God that I love now. If it weren’t for his love for me I would have been a lost cause.

Turning away from God
I had enough of the Army and after four years I and got out and went back home.
From then on I would have nothing to do with God, the Bible or anything to do with salvation. Some of the people who knew me noticed the negative change as a result of dabbling in the occult.
Getting out of the military was an adjustment. I went into depression and dropped way too much weight for my own good. For a guy who is just over six foot tall. I went from 170 to 140, probably down to 135.

Becoming born again
Christ loved me far more than I could hate him.
Jesus placed a Christian man in my life who hired me onto his company. While training me into a new position he found the time to witness to me. He said to me “Did you know that God gave me a vision?” My initial reaction to him was to laugh at him. I also noticed that it didn’t bother him at all. The next day he repeated just what he said the day prior and at that time I chose to believe what he said
The little crack of belief started with me and Jesus. It was enough eventually leading me to Christ. I started to read the bible. While reading the Lord told me to get on my knees and I accepted Christ right in my bedroom. When Jesus came into my life He imprinted a vision in my mind so strong I will never forget it. The vision was of a very dark storm, it was windy and I seen Jesus on the cross. The wind was blowing his hair across his face as he was dying. Jesus shared with me his incredible loneliness and the abandonment of his Father.
He showed me that He paid for my rebellion, hatred and sinful nature and forgave me.
I two years later I backslid and went back into the military.

Renouncing Freemasonry
I became a Freemason in 1995 and achieved the level of 32nd degree York Rite Freemason. I renounced freemasonry January 2011 because the oaths I made were not to God.
Jesus said to let your yes be yesses and your nays be nays. Anything more comes from the evil one.

Rejoining the Army and depression

Depression and Bipolar while in the military

I am convinced that dabbling in the occult played a major role with the serious depression that I came to experience later in the military. As a backslidden Christian those demons came back. Jesus talks about a house being found swept clean and how evil spirits will come back with those more evil than the first.
I was diagnosed with bipolar depression and was started on medication. I was so far into depression that I was hallucinating and hearing voices. Not to mention the mania involved with depression. There are times that I personally valued my life as nothing to me.
The doctors told me that the kind of depression I was going through would damage the brain and I would have to be on medication for the rest of my life. It took several times by trial and error to get the right balance of medication. It took some time to get adjusted to the regimen of antidepressants and mood stabilizers. Some of the drugs were addictive so I could not do without them. For over ten years I was on various types of medication.

At the time I wanted to place the blame for depression on family stressors, stress in the military and my DNA. I want to say that I am partially wrong. Remember that two demons entered my life when I prayed to them. The Devil had a legal stronghold into my life and he wasn’t letting go. Especially since I had backslidden.
I admitted myself into a psychiatric ward no less than three times due to some pretty serious depression, suicidal thoughts and ideations. Twice while in the Army and once here at the Veterans Administration in Richmond, Virginia. The first time I went into a psychiatric ward I was told by a doctor “congratulations you are a poster boy for suicide” Bipolar is known as the suicide disease. My memory is a little fuzzy because of the meds but I remember admitting myself the second time because I heard a voice telling me to kill myself. I was under some pretty good stressors at the time. Constant images of death came to mind over an extended period of time.

Coming back to Christ

Being a Christian did not guarantee me a depression free life.
The Devil comes to steal, kill and destroy and because I gave him a legal right he was trying to do just that.
I gave my life back to Jesus Christ in 2010 but the depression was still coming back. I contacted a deliverance ministry in who led me through the Word of God in a series of phone calls. It was explained to me that Jesus’ work on the cross is a finished work that was done over thousand years ago. The Devil was defeated at the cross and his power was stripped from him.

It’s not that a Christian seeks victory from depression, the victory has already been won at the cross.

I learned how to take a stand against the Devil. The key was knowing that all authority has been given to given me when I became a Christian. The Devil would really like for you to never understand that you have authority from God.

My experience on realizing Christian authority

A Christian has been given the authority to tread over serpents and scorpions. Greater is He that is in you than he that is in the world. His power but your authority. This means that you act on the Word of God.
You can pray to God your entire life and not receive deliverance in some areas. You must act on the Word and not be hearers only. This means that you submit to God, resist the Devil and then he will flee from you. The Devil has no choice in the matter.

The key is resisting

So how do you resist something as powerful as the Devil? The first step is recognizing what’s going on. Anything that is not of God is a lie. Anything contrary to the Word of God is a lie.
Demons latch on to you through the negativity in your life, through bad experiences and false beliefs. Through family abuse. They take hold through your thoughts. Over time those negative thoughts are reinforced through indoctrination and in my case this resulted in years of torment.
If you don’t know what they are and where they are coming from then you will never understand how to use the tools that God has equipped us with. Lies and deception are not part of God’s plan for your life.

Taking a stand

All authority has been given to us as Christians to deal with Satan. Our authority but His power. Satan doesn’t want you to know that. He wants you to think that the struggle is with you and him.
After thanking Jesus Christ for his victory on the cross I stood up to the Devil and told him and his demons that they had no more right to torment me, no more demonic influence. I commanded them in the name of Christ to leave.

Satan fled
The evil spirits that I invited into my life years ago fled immediately. All of the depression that I was experiencing left immediately.

The truth will set you free.

God’s Word says that the Holy Spirit will guide you in all truth. The Word of God is truth and the truth will set you free.
I was completely delivered from all depression and I was finally free.

Spiritual Warfare is missing in the church

I grew up in a church environment and often heard that we had authority over Satan and his domain but I never heard of anyone who knew or experienced anything of spiritual warfare. If I found spiritual warfare to be this easy then why is it missing in the church?

Spiritual warfare involves God.
It is 99 percent God and 1 percent you. You are not fighting the Devil but using the Word of God to put him in his place to stop influencing you.

Put on the whole armor of God.

Ephesians 6: 11-12

That you may be able to stand against the wiles (methods) of the Devil for we do not wrestle against flesh and blood,
(what you can see through physical eyes)
but against spiritual (what you cannot see) hosts (a multitude, army) of wickedness in the heavenly places.

As a Christian you have a target on your back. You are marked be the Devil and he will come against you. This is why you must submit your whole life to God. If you don’t and only give him part of it then you will not receive all of the freedom he has for you.

The great commission
Matthew 28:18
Then Jesus came to them and said “All authority on Heaven and Earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I will be with you always to the very end of the age.”

Upvote 0

cjrwells

Feb 21, 2013
✟7,686.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
I have a "pre" testimony to give. I am in the mist of an investigation in which my former employer owes me back pay. It is a very ugly situation. Last night God revealed real true forgiveness and how to pray for my enemy. I felt the urge to pray for her and I did. In the mist of it, the Lord seemed to give me the words to say and believe! I prayed for her to be humbled, I honestly said I needed the money but for God to show her mercy and kindness and return to her any money she had to pay out. To bless the works of her hands. I began to understand His mercy towards us and His forgiveness. Oh, how many times have I done wrong, and deserved to be punished, but He forgave me when I turned to Him and although I may have lost things in the process, He has been faithful to restore to me as well. I look forward to the day I give the full ending of the story, but the testimony is forgiveness, mercy and love just as Jesus has been to you and me.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
50 years ago,I publicly declared my faith in the Lord Jesus Christ,as Saviour and Lord. I was a young boy then,but realised that I was a sinner and needed Him to save me. He did and He does and He will. Looking back and looking forward and right now,I am so grateful for His Faithfulness! Are you trusting Him?

Reactions: Razare
Upvote 0

GodlyAussie

Aug 27, 2015
Australia
✟15,204.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello my name is Jon :) I'm currently 28 years old nice to meet you and welcome to my testimony, may it bless any who are currently lost or unsure about life! (This version skips specific details of events thus shortening it).

I’ll start by saying that I’ve been a Christian the majority of my life (Pentecostal) but have struggled with sexual and social pitfalls (drinking, gambling etc.) along the way. Basically 0-13 was a good Christian boy, 14+ I’ve repented a billion (it seems) times struggling with everything to where I am today a devout committed Christian who is NEVER going back! I have a very supportive very loving mother (and father) who has prayed for each of her children daily (several times a day) our entire lives. Without her I doubt i would be where I am today.

Growing up my parents were devout (to the point of no TV etc.) Pentecostal Christians who were converted Catholics. I went to church every Sunday, without fail, attended Sunday school and went to a Christian school my entire life. I was an introverted child, very shy, I found it very hard to make friends and so kept to myself a lot of the time with a small social circle. I read a lot of books, rode my bike, wrote poetry and stories and did mainly wholesome activities my entire childhood. I was one of 5 children, it's always been considered a rather large family in today's society it seems, it was very normal for us. We were and have always been to this day a very close knit family with exceptionally loving parents always pushing us to know Jesus to love Him and eventually be with Him in Heaven and for us to live a life fulfilled and have happy lives (with a firm grounding in God). As my earthly father always used to say, "It doesn't matter what you do in life, all that matters is that you get to Heaven". This has been with me my entire life and to this day guides my daily life (What do you bring with you into the next life?).

I had a very troublesome schooling experience, I lagged behind in my studies from an early grade and being the deep introvert I was I never asked for help, the teachers found me to be such a nuisance that instead of helping (from a position of my poor understanding of each new topic/subject carried over from the failing of the previous subjects building up to the next one etc.) just failed me and sent me to the next grade regardless of my grades. I have found in my adult years that I'm not unintelligent at all but rather had just not learnt to the same extent as that of my peers (in fact of my current peers I’m considered quite intelligent, funnily enough).

I went through high school feeling very alone, questioning God's existence feeling suicidal, very depressed and hating God for what I thought was the worst life imaginable, why weren't my parents normal like other parents? Why did You make me so ugly? Why am I so stupid? The flow on effects of failing constantly every subject (and yet still passing the final grade purely out of the school wishing to be rid of me) had a downward spiraling effect on my overall confidence and Christian walk.

The last day of high school they had prophecy teams in to speak to each of the students to help gain insight into their future, I remember mine to a small extent which a guy I had never met said that I 'hated God and feel that He is the reason for everything bad in my life and all I need to do is lock myself into a quiet room and listen to Christian/Godly music and call on Him and you will gain a deeper understanding and build a relationship with Him'. At the time I was taken aback that this random guy that I had never met knew that I hated God at that time, but took little notice of what else he had to say as I was in a room with several other students and felt embarrassed that I felt this way in a Christian school and so can't remember it.

I went to work the following few years doing all sorts of random jobs from forklift driving to supermarket cashier to administration work to working in a bakery etc. Everything seemed menial and beneath me, I felt I was destined for greater things and so quit these kinds of jobs but felt myself get into another very depressive time in my life. I became heavily addicted to computer games for several years following this without fully exploring further options.

At the lowest point of this I was at the deepest level of despair and feeling completely isolated and utterly hopeless in all regards to my life, an emptiness that encompassed my entire being and soul. I was without God living a life of desire, lust and selfishness. Normally I'd shut these feelings out with other activities and going years without ever thinking about anything 'meaningful' how else can you cope with the crushing sense of loneliness and separation from God? Throughout these years I had a few times of repentance and ‘coming back to God’ but they never lasted as I had nothing to back it up with, it was easy to fall back into the same old routine. My old friends were bad influences on my life there came a point when I moved away from these situations and back to my parents’ house where I made the decision to stop associating myself with these people and in turn found myself in a situation of actually being completely alone except for family. I was almost a literal hermit for a few years without one real friend in my life, not even God (or so I had thought).

I was feeling incredibly sad one particular night lying in bed, feeling suicidal and through tears of utter helplessness I cried out to God in my mind, "Jesus if you're real, if you're really the God who died and rose again, if you're really everything that's been told to me thus far in my life I need a sign, I need direction in my life and if you do this for me I will dedicate my life to You for the rest of my days", with that I fell asleep almost instantly and in the days that followed completely forgot about that night.

A week or so later a lady came to the house to see my mum for tea, apparently she had rung up and wanted to come over earlier that morning. Mid-way through having tea with my mother she turned to her and said the real reason for her being here was for me. Now keep in mind I had never in my life met this woman, didn't know her name or anything about her. And so I was called into the room and told to sit down, so I did. The lady turned to me and said she had a great urgency to come to see me today by God. Apparently my mother had asked this lady (who is known as a prayer warrior within the church) to pray for me one day and she had agreed and had done so diligently for a long time since. She turned to me and started telling me about my past, how God had never allowed me to get into anything I couldn't handle as well as my future detailing specifically that I will be a wise man of God helping people specifically gentlemen, teaching and guiding them. She told me that no matter what has happened in my life the past present and future God has, is and will always be there guiding and helping each step along the way. At the time I just sat there absolutely shocked. I was caught completely off guard and didn't react at all, just sat there in silence trying to understand what had just happened. I didn't show any emotion at all, like you'd think, but instead simply said, "Oh right" stood up and went back to my room. It wasn't until later that night when I was completely alone and it had sunk in what had happened that I completely lost it emotionally, I knew from that day forward there is and can be no question whether God is real or not, at least, in my mind. He answered my prayer, a prayer I prayed in my mind at night, no one could possibly know in the depths of my sadness and depression at that time, my greatest need for knowledge He proved to me that He is indeed real and is looking out for me (all of us). He came through when I desperately needed it, in aces!

With this in mind I went to University to study a social work degree, without praying about it (to my demise) or too much reasoning behind doing so other than the fact I didn't have the smarts on paper to study much else and this knowing of some future where I'm destined to help people. The study load was hard for someone who hadn't studied (ever) and I struggled through the semesters until finally a huge event happened that broke me to the point of dropping out. In the 2nd semester of 2013 my father died. The news of this didn't hit me initially, I was comforting my mother, and I barely cried the whole day even with the whole family crowded around his cold body in the hospital morgue I suppose you could say I was in shock. He had been struggling with illness for several years prior to his death the latest being that of bone cancer which ultimately didn't end his life (it was going to eventually but in fact an overdose of morphine was his ultimate demise) however his willingness to go to heaven and the fact he wasn't in pain and died in his sleep does add some comfort.

Because of this I was now completely lost again, struggled for a year with no direction, got into a wrong sexual relationship with a girl that lasted about 8 months which had two results. The first realizing that I couldn't be with someone who wasn't willing to let me explore a Christian life (she was a complete atheist) and two it gave me the confidence and drive I needed to crack out of the introverted shell and get out of my protective bubble back into the real world.

During this year (2015) I have found that I've had some physical issues, issues that require a fairly specific (large) amount of money to fix. After attending a session with a doctor I had come home and laid in bed and cried tears of sadness begging, calling out to God to help me with an amount of money that I desperately need to fix this area in my life.

A few months ago I went to Christian gathering/service with prophets present giving words over people’s lives and figured why not. This man didn't know me for a grain of salt. The words he spoke over my life matched up consistently with the previous words, you can listen to it here.

So the last year I've been studying a course that I find extremely interesting, I'm currently volunteering for a disabled/troubled youth charity (and on the board of said charity), go to church every Sunday and have a few very close Christian friends where we discuss the bible and Jesus as well as being mentored and is really everything I've ever wanted/needed in terms of friendship/fellowship.

I currently am completely engrossed in this Christian life and personal relationship with Jesus that even with the desires of the flesh (that I’m abstaining from completely through God’s divine help and funnily enough through listening to Christian/Godly music most of my days). I never want to experience the utter loneliness the feeling of absolute emptiness and fearing deaths sting as well as despairing about life and the ultimate direction to take, nothing in this world compares to the daily peace, reassurance and love that God gives me every day – there is no going back! I thank God everyday for the hardships in my life because without them I wouldn't be where I am today on my knees asking the King of Kings for help! I pray that I'll never be so comfortable in life where I don't need His help and am thankful for every challenge that comes my way! I'm really excited for my future and what is to come, I'll update this testimony ten years from now and let you know!

Upvote 0

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Thankyou,'GodlyAussie'.What a good testimony. So good to hear it! Your future is secure in Jesus! You have everything promised in His Word to look forward to. Everything you have experienced has brought you to where you are now,trusting Him, believing that He has a plan for your life.So glad that you have shared this and trust that you will continue to be blessed and fulfilled and be a blessing! Please continue to enjoy time here and we will be praying for you!

Upvote 0

Si_monfaith

Let God alone answer through us
Feb 27, 2016
Australia
✟25,925.00
Country
India
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Testimony is not just telling what God did but also telling that he did so becz His Son loved me & gave himself for me. When God has given his Son (who is the treasure house of all blessings for time & eternity) don't we have everything we desire. If Jesus did not love & die for us mankind can get only hell. Nothing else. So state the basis of your blessings which is Christ's blood & not our fastings,tithings&gud worKs etc.

Reactions: Razare
Upvote 0