Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Last summer I was in the hospital for a kidney stone that blocked my urine flow. The surgeon did a Turp and removed part of my prostate. He had it biopsied. It was the type of cancer that gave me a 95% chance of survival at 15 years. Six months later I got a PSA test. This week he told me my PSA is almost zero, no sign of cancer. I thanked God for the surgeon, health insurance and providence.

Upvote 0

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟987,393.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
There are things we are told to 'forget' to continue to press for our prize. This too is a testimony, thank God!

Then, there are things we are told to "remember" to be added to the "testimony which they held" for overcoming the Devil, thanks and glory to God.

Being completely destitute of God, If I could place one word on my condition that surprised me the most, it was my astounding blindness. Thank you Jesus, you have begun a good work in me to recover and strengthen. Our living God, rich in kindness who's mercies shall never end!!!! Hallelujah!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,909.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I had an evening with my daughter and her family this evening . Granddaughter Kinley had her 26th birthday and we all went to the local Pizza hut. The problem for me was, driving home in the dark! Lots of traffic, rain and bright lights. I won't drive in the dark again. I think I was a hazard on the road.
The Lord got us home safely, Everyone else got home before us.
I praise and thank God for his protection.

Upvote 0

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟987,393.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Recent excavations on our property to upgrade the driveway resulted in severing the fiberoptic cable. A temporary one was installed today. Thank God for things brought to us by way of technologies today. Some things immencely benefical. These are unpresedented times. God knows how far it will take us and whether it will aid us to the end. I would surely hope so.

Upvote 0

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟987,393.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
To remark on everything the Lord Jesus has brought me through, really, "Who has known the mind of the Lord? Or who has been His counselor?, , Who has directed the Spirit of the LORD, Or as His counselor has taught Him?" to remark on that completely isn't going to happen. On what can be said accurately, how nice to sit here and tell just one reader that up to now, I have managed to escape serious error, even damaging effect on my testimony. What a fallacy that would be. Or, how many do you know who find it hard NOT to assoc with the Apostle's conviction; "Oh wretched man that I am, ,"?

Indeed, persistent determination, prayer with thanksgiving is what God gives all to grow and rise who are able to think for themselves, and what we lack and what we don't seem to possess to overcome for the moment is all well within His reach to understand. Just don't give up, KEEP THE FIGHT! Secondly, don't be surprised of Him being the same as He was for the ancient Church,

", , he that cometh to God must believe that he is [God], and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

Is 40:13, Rom 11:34, Rom 7:24, Heb 11:6

Upvote 0

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟987,393.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
From day one of receiving Christ, the Church, I mean people who gather regularly took on a whole new meaning. Yes, doctrines and dogmas tend to distract. But what a comfort to know God has placed a spiritual nature of Christ within us of a fervent outlook on the soul of mankind. Not just to weep with it, rejoice with it, but looks to make that soul better, if possible than oneself. Thank God for a love soo uncommon!

Reactions: tturt
Upvote 0

Kokavkrystallos

Jan 1, 2024
Farmington
✟22,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Widowed
The testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy - Rev. 19:10. They overcame him, (satan, the accuser, the antichrist spirit) by the blood of the Lamb, and the word of their testimony, and loved not their lives unto death. - Rev. 12:11

When I first got saved I thought a "testimony" was telling how bad you were, then saying how Jesus saved you. But I noticed the more I gave these, and heard these kind of testimonies (which I call AA type testimonies), they did not glorify God: in fact, I actually was tempted to go back to the old life, and did! Oh no!

Now I like to say my testimony is going to be what the Bible teaches: that is, HIS testimony, the testimony of Jesus. I'm gonna give Him the GLORY, and am not going to talk about my GORY.
The power is in the WORD, the Scriptures: it is written. The power is in a holy life, having repented of our sin, and walking no more in it: seeking daily His righteousness, as it's written, Seek ye first the kingdom of God, and His righteousness, and then all these things shall be added unto you.

Acts 14:3, "Long time therefore abode they speaking boldly in the Lord, which gave testimony unto the word of his grace, and granted signs and wonders to be done by their hands." HalleluYAH !

Enoch had this testimony, that he pleased God. Amen. That's the kind of testimony I want. When I stand up in church now, or speak during Bible study I give the Word, for the Word is life. John was in the isle of Patmos for the word of God and for the testimony of Jesus.

Paul gave 2 short testimonies about his past: both were one sentence, then he went on to glorify Christ and give HIS, Christs testimony. I do testify to things Jesus has done, such as mighty answers to prayer, or when he saved me from certain death by His still small voice telling me to move over now, and if I hadn't I'd have possibly been beheaded! God changeth not: Jesus Christ the same, yesterday, today, for ever.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟987,393.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
When I first got saved I thought a "testimony" was telling how bad you were, then saying how Jesus saved you.
Really good points everywhere but here. I think you should couple them with these. Lest you think the Apostle was incorrect in doing the same, testifying that his former self was an "injurious man" as I recall.

Upvote 0

Kokavkrystallos

Jan 1, 2024
Farmington
✟22,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Widowed
Really good points everywhere but here. I think you should couple them with these. Lest you think the Apostle was incorrect in doing the same, testifying that his former self was an "injurious man" as I recall.

Yes, I mentioned that Paul gave testimony, but in one sentence: he didn't go on and on about the details of his past:

1 Tim. 1:13 "Who was before a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious: but I obtained mercy, because I did it ignorantly in unbelief."

The other is Philippians 3:4-6 (one sentence in 3 verses) and the rest is glorifying the Lord: (bold/italics is the past)

"Though I might also have confidence in the flesh. If any other man thinketh that he hath whereof he might trust in the flesh, I more:
Circumcised the eighth day, of the stock of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, an Hebrew of the Hebrews; as touching the law, a Pharisee;

Concerning zeal, persecuting the church; touching the righteousness which is in the law, blameless.
But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ.
Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,
And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:
That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;
If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead.
Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus.
Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,
I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus."

I have often said something like "I was into sex, drugs, rock n roll, and the occult; also I was a drunkard and a blasphemer..."
What the Spirit showed me not to do was spend 30 to 45 minutes describing in all the gory detail what I did when I was into those things.

Upvote 0

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟987,393.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Yes, I mentioned that Paul gave testimony, but in one sentence: he didn't go on and on about the details of his past:

1 Tim. 1:13 "Who was before a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious: but I obtained mercy, because I did it ignorantly in unbelief."

The other is Philippians 3:4-6 (one sentence in 3 verses) and the rest is glorifying the Lord: (bold/italics is the past)

"Though I might also have confidence in the flesh. If any other man thinketh that he hath whereof he might trust in the flesh, I more:

Circumcised the eighth day, of the stock of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, an Hebrew of the Hebrews; as touching the law, a Pharisee;
Concerning zeal, persecuting the church; touching the righteousness which is in the law, blameless.
But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ.
Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,
And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:
That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;
If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead.
Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus.
Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,

I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus."

I have often said something like "I was into sex, drugs, rock n roll, and the occult; also I was a drunkard and a blasphemer..."
What the Spirit showed me not to do was spend 30 to 45 minutes describing in all the gory detail what I did when I was into those things.
Hmm, interesting take as things counted loss clears the issue of cred-confidence, may actually aid more confidence in extensive testimonies. Not as you say, on and on on the gory details, that deserves brevity, but a testimony of upgrades could serve to encourage others.

Upvote 0

Kokavkrystallos

Jan 1, 2024
Farmington
✟22,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Widowed
Hmm, interesting take as things counted loss clears the issue of cred-confidence, may actually aid more confidence in extensive testimonies. Not as you say, on and on on the gory details, that deserves brevity, but a testimony of upgrades could serve to encourage others.

That's really the only problem, when someone goes on and on about the bad past. It's unbiblical, with exception of a very brief account.

Now, granted, in the Old Testament we do have some detail of situations such as Davids adultery, and subsequent murder of Uriah. Rather than a testimony, I see this more as an exposure of sin that a man of God committed. David himself does not testify of these sordid events; rather, he prays and writes Psalms 32, 38, 51, and some say Psalms 86 & 122 as well. In the first 3 David acknowledges his sin, and prays to the LORD accordingly, for forgiveness, as well as confessing his utter depravity.

Upvote 0