• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Tennessee legislature passes permitless handgun carry bill

Discussion in 'American Politics' started by essentialsaltes, Mar 30, 2021.

1. parousia70

parousia70 Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow Supporter

+3,952
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    Three truths that expose this one Fallacy:

1)You don’t have to eat meat. Nobody does. And you’d likely be healthier if you didn’t.

2)Bowhunting is also a thing.... takes a lot more skill tho, so you may not be up to it.

3) Statistically, Gun owners are less safe than those who don’t own guns, as they are exponentially more likely to be shot.
    Investigating the Link Between Gun Possession and Gun Assault

Research Finds That Having a Gun in Your Home Can Make Your Household Less Safe

Living in a house with a gun increases your odds of death

Last edited: Apr 3, 2021
  2. renniks

renniks Well-Known Member

+2,568
    Christian
    Married
    Hogwash.

3. Kentonio

Kentonio Well-Known Member

+10,207
    France
    Atheist
    Single
    Maybe not everything is about you?

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  4. renniks

+2,568
    Christian
    Married
    Nice try, but I don't need another challenge, and I already have the bow hunting option. I'm an expert trapper and can start fires from rubbing sticks together.. I don't need any more Macho challenges.

5. renniks

+2,568
    Christian
    Married
    So I could ask the same question about all my neighbors.

6. renniks

+2,568
    Christian
    Married
    More hogwash.

7. hislegacy

hislegacy At the great Pyramids

+9,829
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    US-Others
    Ah, ammosexual, a new word meaning

A person obsessed with owning guns; a zealous supporter of the right to bear arms.
    Ammosexuals are very protective of their fetish, and attack even the slightest gun safety measure on the grounds that they interfere with their pleasure.
    by Joannis December 21, 2020
    IOW a vulgar and derogatory term for several million citizens who support the Constitutional Amendment to own and bear arms.

There are many people, perhaps half the population, that do not connect a sexual term to the Right to Bear arms

I will defend you right to say what you please, that is in the Amendment right before it, and happily recognize both of those rights.

Yes I support all the Constitutional amendments. I also train my children how to respect and safely use weapons. I have carried since 1982. Not one shooting, no one has died, but there is one lady who isn’t rapped.

Horrors!

We also:

We also believe in God
    We also pray as a family
    We also go to church
    We also hold our children accountable for their words and actions
    We also believe in hard work and praying for our employers
    We also support our local police
    We also encourage membership in the military.

anathema to some, but a basis for this and future generations to live by

8. mark46

mark46 Well-Known Member Supporter

+4,049
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Democrat
    Are we are the only developed country in the world where we think that having more guns prevents gun deaths?

9. GoldenBoy89

GoldenBoy89 We're Still Here

+22,677
    Humanist
    Single
    US-Democrat
    A person willing to murder indiscriminately probably isn’t thinking too hard or for too long about the consequences of their actions.

10. essentialsaltes

essentialsaltes Stranger in a Strange Land

+21,281
    United States
    Atheist
    Legal Union (Other)
    Nonsense. I support the 2nd Amendment, but I do not match the quoted description. I accept the slightest gun safety measures.

However, I will grant you that there are probably several million Americans that do match the description.

11. hislegacy

+9,829
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    US-Others
    I do not match the description either. I think there are an extremely few sick people who do.

12. hislegacy

+9,829
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    US-Others
    personally,I don’t like the idea of not doing background checks. There is nothing wrong with that and I think it would be part of due diligence.

I am not in favor or gun registry.

13. hislegacy

+9,829
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    US-Others
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  14. Kentonio

Kentonio Well-Known Member

+10,207
    France
    Atheist
    Single
    Yup. Then again you're also the country that voted for Donald Trump for president and started QAnon so its not like anyone is particularly surprised.

15. hislegacy

+9,829
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    US-Others
    E

Last edited: Apr 3, 2021
  16. essentialsaltes

essentialsaltes Stranger in a Strange Land

+21,281
    United States
    Atheist
    Legal Union (Other)
  17. Paulos23

Paulos23 Never tell me the odds!

+3,338
    United States
    Atheist
    Married
    US-Others
    I agree with the police chiefs. Many of the people I know who have concealed and carry permits have the training for conflict resolution and treat their weapon as the last option. For too many yahoos, it is the first.

18. TLK Valentine

TLK Valentine You will be who you will be. We are our choices.

+25,860
    Agnostic
    Single
    Indeed -- they'll think about how perfectly they'll blend in.