Dallas
✟888,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Late Monday evening, the Tennessee General Assembly approved Gov. Lee’s legislation to allow most adults to carry handguns without obtaining a permit.

“I think permitless carry is bad for Memphis. I don’t see how it is such a great thing for the state of Tennessee when the state of Tennessee leads the nation in violence, one of the top three in violence, especially violence against children,” [Memphis PD Director] stated.

Well it gives something for mass murderers to think about when they go to a grocery store, theater, or church with the intent of killing everyone in sight.

Upvote 0

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Awesome! Maybe instead of trying to ban guns (which only really succeeds in banning them from law abiding citizens) we can instead do other things like "educate" people on things like responsible gun ownership and use.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Darkhorse

just horsing around
Aug 10, 2005
mid-Atlantic
Visit site
✟288,141.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Good! About 18 other states already allow concealed carry without a permit.

Vermont has never required a permit, even before the Revolutionary War.

Upvote 0

The IbanezerScrooge

I can't believe what I'm hearing...
Sep 1, 2015
Florida
✟243,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Late Monday evening, the Tennessee General Assembly approved Gov. Lee’s legislation to allow most adults to carry handguns without obtaining a permit.

“I think permitless carry is bad for Memphis. I don’t see how it is such a great thing for the state of Tennessee when the state of Tennessee leads the nation in violence, one of the top three in violence, especially violence against children,” [Memphis PD Director] stated.

...but... but... Chicago!

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟300,374.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Awesome! Maybe instead of trying to ban guns (which only really succeeds in banning them from law abiding citizens) we can instead do other things like "educate" people on things like gun responsible ownership and use.

We could have gun safety classes and training and...

...require them for a permit. (That's all I really ask. I'm old enough to remember when the only thing I'd heard about the NRA was the gun safety training my classmates had taken from them.)

Upvote 0

SarahsKnight

Jesus Christ is this Knight's truth.
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟993,564.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don’t see how it is such a great thing for the state of Tennessee when the state of Tennessee leads the nation in violence, one of the top three in violence, especially violence against children,” [Memphis PD Director] stated.

I hadn't known this before, if it is true. Well, unfortunately that makes two things in one thread that gives me reason to be ashamed of being a Tennessee native for once, rather than proud. =/

Great! Not even a permit now! I guess even more people can potentially lose their fudge in a heated moment when someone slights them while driving on the road, this time while having a gun!

(Saying that because just earlier here I saw a thread where a dude got out and shot and killed the passenger of a car that apparently offended him by cutting him off in traffic .... because that's justice, I guess.)

Reactions: Fantine
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FenderTL5

Κύριε, ἐλέησον.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2016
Nashville TN
✟634,456.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
..we can instead do other things like "educate" people on things like responsible gun ownership and use.
this law does just the opposite. Any/all education requirements are removed. Any idiot can carry openly or concealed.

• Agree
Reactions: wing2000
Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,090,405.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Years ago, when I lived briefly in South Dakota, Sioux Falls was opening a gun museum to preserve gun culture. The curators were fearful that parents were no longer introducing gun use to their children as the nation became less rural.
"Thank God!" I thought.
And that was certainly my experience growing up in a NY suburb. When my parents came to visit, the parish priest said to my dad. "I guess you're here for the pheasant hunting." My dad was horrified he could even think of such a thing. "Good heavens " he said. "I haven't fired a gun since WWII."
Although this blessed transition hasn't occurred yet, I do believe it is happening among youth and urban/suburbanites.
I hope I will live to see the day where the idea of owning a gun will be as unthinkable as it was to my wonderful dad.

• Agree
Reactions: Kentonio
Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟888,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Years ago, when I lived briefly in South Dakota, Sioux Falls was opening a gun museum to preserve gun culture. The curators were fearful that parents were no longer introducing gun use to their children as the nation became less rural.
"Thank God!" I thought.
And that was certainly my experience growing up in a NY suburb. When my parents came to visit, the parish priest said to my dad. "I guess you're here for the pheasant hunting." My dad was horrified he could even think of such a thing. "Good heavens " he said. "I haven't fired a gun since WWII."
Although this blessed transition hasn't occurred yet, I do believe it is happening among youth and urban/suburbanites.
I hope I will live to see the day where the idea of owning a gun will be as unthinkable as it was to my wonderful dad.

Well according to the scriptures things are going to get worse, not better.

Upvote 0

Kentonio

Jan 25, 2018
Lyon
✟266,564.00
Country
France
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Well according to the scriptures things are going to get worse, not better.

If you believe the Book of Revelation (and plenty of Christians don't believe it should be canonical), then the result is pre-determined anyway. What difference would having a gun or not have on anything?

Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟888,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
If you believe the Book of Revelation (and plenty of Christians don't believe it should be canonical), then the result is pre-determined anyway. What difference would having a gun or not have on anything?

Well it can be the difference between being a victim or saving a life or lives. Look at the shootings in Sutherland Springs Texas and White Settlement Texas where in both cases a gun in the hands of a citizen saved the lives of many people. Compare these to the mass shootings where no law abiding citizen had a gun.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
I hadn't known this before, if it is true. Well, unfortunately that makes two things in one thread that gives me reason to be ashamed of being a Tennessee native for once, rather than proud. =/

Great! Not even a permit now! I guess even more people can potentially lose their fudge in a heated moment when someone slights them while driving on the road, this time while having a gun!

(Saying that because just earlier here I saw a thread where a dude got out and shot and killed the passenger of a car that apparently offended him by cutting him off in traffic .... because that's justice, I guess.)
He was just exercising his 2A rights. You got a problem with that, lady?

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,012.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
We could have gun safety classes and training and...

...require them for a permit. (That's all I really ask. I'm old enough to remember when the only thing I'd heard about the NRA was the gun safety training my classmates had taken from them.)

It seems to me that there's an opportunity here for the NRA, gun manufacturers, and gun store owners to team up and line their own pockets while also making the libs happy and reinforcing 2A'ers' sense of tactical superiority by pushing heavy training requirements of which the NRA et al are the primary providers. Universities have made themselves piles of money with this model by convincing everybody of the necessity of a college education, jacking up the cost of that education, and then convincing the government to subsidize all of it. NRA et al arguing against training requirements is like college presidents advocating against unnecessary credentialing.

Upvote 0

Kentonio

Jan 25, 2018
Lyon
✟266,564.00
Country
France
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Well it can be the difference between being a victim or saving a life or lives. Look at the shootings in Sutherland Springs Texas and White Settlement Texas where in both cases a gun in the hands of a citizen saved the lives of many people. Compare these to the mass shootings where no law abiding citizen had a gun.

Yet we currently live in about the least violent times in human history. Largely due to a move away from violence being promoted as a justified tool for problem solving.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟888,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yet we currently live in about the least violent times in human history. Largely due to a move away from violence being promoted as a justified tool for problem solving.

Well I think it’s based more on technological advancements that make it harder for criminals to escape capture. Every cop in America still carries a gun everyday and use them quite often as a means of deterring violence. It’s not the gun that is the problem it’s the person carrying it who creates the problem. Take shooting ranges for example, homicides are extremely rare at shooting ranges where pretty much everyone is carrying a gun. Why? Because attackers know they don’t stand a chance. Imagine if they had this mentality everywhere they went.

• Agree
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0