Status
Not open for further replies.

SqueezetheShaman

Jul 26, 2003
✟5,461.00
Faith
Agnostic
TwinCrier said:
It only seems like those sins are being ignored when they aren't your vice, or a vice you view as righteous.
Really??!! can you guide us to the posts where we have members attacking overeaters? Can you guide us to links from the news involving picketing of fat pastors? If we just aren't noticing it, then that means it is there, and you have seen it. Please enlighten us to the chritians who are in fact living the word to a T.

Upvote 0

kdet

God lives in us
Jul 12, 2003
TX
Visit site
✟16,807.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
TwinCrier said:
It only seems like those sins are being ignored when they aren't your vice, or a vice you view as righteous. Too often the words hate or legalism are used to discredit another without having to respond to Biblical positions which differ with his own. I certainly don't hold my sexual sins in higher regard than my other sins. I want them ALL blotted out and forgiven.

Proverbs 26:10-11 The great God that formed all things both rewardeth the fool, and rewardeth transgressors. As a dog returneth to his vomit, so a fool returneth to his folly.
Amen and Amen

Upvote 0

GMRELIC

Jan 30, 2004
texas
✟1,623.00
Faith
Christian
GMRELIC said:
for decades we have taught our kids terrible things from books and little songs.
Like Ring around the Rosy, This little game is about the plague, and burning bodies of the dead, and this is acceptable for our children?
As I was going to Saint Ives I met a man with seven wives- Now is this good for the kids, explain that to a first grader, she might think that is accepable
Rockabye Baby in the tree top- The kid falls out of a tree!!!!!! and we sing this to our kids, come on now.
Little Red Riding Hoods Grandma gets Mauled and eaten by a wolf-Great reading for a 6 year old, wouldn't you say.
Bambi's Mother gets shot and killed_ Violence Violence Violence
Hansel and Grettle_ are they held captured by a witch who wants to eat them-but this is suitable for children, it's a-ok to scare the witts out of them.
Santa Claus-Are we not telling a little white lie to the Kiddies when we say look what Santa Brought you?
and Peter Peter Pumpkin Eater had a hard time keeping his wife from straying so he locks her up in a pumpkin shell- Now come on people, to keep his wife faithful he locks her up in a pumpkin, yet this is suitable for your little ones to read????????
and all the little books about Witches, Goblins, Ghouls----Occult people, Occult, but it is good for little Ruby Sue to read this??????and we let her watch Scooby Doo.
Now that headless horseman story, so suitable for the little ones.
Cowboys and Indians, what a healthy little game for little Johnny Joe and Billy Bob to be playing like they are killing each other because of race.
Cops and Robbers, another good one to encourage.
And lets run right out and buy little Bubba Jr some Army men to play with.
you know teaching them early that war is good developes such a great charater.
Batman and Robin-good, homosexuals bad, Goldielocks breaking and entering good,-homosexuals bad, the big bad wolf doing all that vandelizing to those little pigs houses, good,-homosexuals bad, the roadrunner blowing up the coyote with dynamite, good. Homosexuals bad,
I could go on and on, but I choose not to, so whats the big deal. perhaps the parents hatred against a group of people

So can anyone tell me why this book is so much worse than the things I listed above, and why we don't have an outcry about the above things,
I really want to know, because it seems to me that the only reason against
that book and not the things listed would be hate of homosexuals

Upvote 0

kdet

God lives in us
Jul 12, 2003
TX
Visit site
✟16,807.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
SqueezetheShaman said:
Really??!! can you guide us to the posts where we have members attacking overeaters? Can you guide us to links from the news involving picketing of fat pastors? If we just aren't noticing it, then that means it is there, and you have seen it. Please enlighten us to the chritians who are in fact living the word to a T.
I was thinking about this just Sunday when our Pator's sermon was on overeating. So many people want to claim that that is a sin that is ignored but I think the ones saying that haven't seen the inside of a church for awhile. I was also thinking how the God's word seems really concerned over the words we use to and about each other. God's word is full of scripture about backbiting,gossiping, thinking bad thoughts about others, He seemed to warn us all the time about our heart attitude toward other people...and we ALL are guilty of thinking badly of someone...that sin seems to be more grievious to God than homosexuality or gluttony...IMO

Upvote 0

kdet

God lives in us
Jul 12, 2003
TX
Visit site
✟16,807.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
GMRELIC said:
So can anyone tell me why this book is so much worse than the things I listed above, and why we don't have an outcry about the above things,
I really want to know, because it seems to me that the only reason against
that book and not the things listed would be hate of homosexuals

Because those books rhymes poems aren't glorifying the subject matter, IMO

Upvote 0

kdet

God lives in us
Jul 12, 2003
TX
Visit site
✟16,807.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
My Higher Self said:
Yes, homosexuality is certainly more accepted than gluttony, sloth, envy, anger, lust, greed and pride!! I mean, I can't get over the public outcry about these viles sins, and the shame they bring on god. Its like an anti-greed/pride/envy/lust/sloth/anger/gluttony media blitz. Its amazing the lengths at which people go to point out these travesties and attack these sinners for the disgrace they bring on god.....and all the while, these silly homosexuals get open acceptance and are virtually ignored as far as sinners go. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

The public outcry about homosexuality is bcuase we have people calling what is evil good and normal. No one else is saying "Hey let's have an anger parade so we can force people to be aware of us and accept our angry lifestyle."

Upvote 0

kdet

God lives in us
Jul 12, 2003
TX
Visit site
✟16,807.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
muzikdude said:
I've got to interject here.
Why are Christians afraid of the end times? We should be looking forward to it.
Not to say that we should try to expedite it but we really shouldn't be speaking of it like it's a terrible thing. Unless, of course, you they don't believe in the rapture or Jesus reigning over the earth etc...

Just a thought...carry on.

Oh yeah, hi Squishy.
How about your loved ones and others that aren't saved..should we look forward to the end times knowing those people will be lost????

Upvote 0

GMRELIC

Jan 30, 2004
texas
✟1,623.00
Faith
Christian
sweetkitty said:
How about your loved ones and others that aren't saved..should we look forward to the end times knowing those people will be lost????
But how do we know these people will be lost, we are not in thier hearts, we are not God, we donot know who will be saved or not, I don't know if Jeffery Dalmer, or Timothy McVeigh are in heaven or not, I was not in thier heart, I am using them as examples because of the violence they did towards other people. but I do not know where they stood with God at the time of thier deaths.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

chalice_thunder

Senior Veteran
Jan 13, 2004
Seattle
Visit site
✟7,202.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
A shrink friend of mine once said: "The issue is never the issue." There's always something behind it, driving it.

Scapegoating has been a part of the human condition/tradition forever. It is necessary so that people can unload their own guilt and self loathing. It's also a convenient way of looking past personal repsonsibility for one's own actions. Any time we try to correct somebody else, we are most likely pointing to something in our own lives that needs correcting.

Gay and Lesbian people are the prime targets - it's easy for people to marginalize us because they find license to do so in their interpretation of scripture.

Since this is a thread about what we teach children, I would ask all of us to examine our own lives first, and then reflect upon what we teach our children by example:

Will they know God's love for all people by our angry speech-making?
Will they grow up to be scapegoaters?
Will they learn how to be gay by reading a book?
Will they grow up knowing that God's mercy is as vast as the sea, and that loves them with unbounded measure?

We talk a lot about choice here in CF. I think we could all choose to be better examples - mirrors of God's love, and bearers of His mercy.

Upvote 0

chalice_thunder

Senior Veteran
Jan 13, 2004
Seattle
Visit site
✟7,202.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Blessed75 said:
Oh please, this is teaching kids REALITY. I have no problem with it...........

Maybe so - but it's been awhile since I've gotten a warm feeling from some of these threads. (Doubtless some people will say "God's law is not about warm feelings."...and to that I say, "Meadow Muffins.") ;)

Upvote 0

Gunny

Remnant
Site Supporter
May 18, 2002
United States of America
✟58,262.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The sad truth concerning this "teaching" is that 95% of Christian families send their precious children off to the public school system (aka humanist mills) vs. supporting the starting/building of Christian Schools where God and His Word (The Holy Bible) can be taught.

Upvote 0

kdet

God lives in us
Jul 12, 2003
TX
Visit site
✟16,807.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
GMRELIC said:
But how do we know these people will be lost, we are not in thier hearts, we are not God, we donot know who will be saved or not, I don't know if Jeffery Dalmer, or Timothy McVeigh are in heaven or not, I was not in thier heart, I am using them as examples because of the violence they did towards other people. but I do not know where they stood with God at the time of thier deaths.
The reality is that if ONE person is unsaved we should want that person to have the opportunity to be saved. If the end times come then that opportunity is lost for that person.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Blessed75

Jun 24, 2003
✟5,134.00
Faith
Non-Denom
chalice_thunder said:
Maybe so - but it's been awhile since I've gotten a warm feeling from some of these threads. (Doubtless some people will say "God's law is not about warm feelings."...and to that I say, "Meadow Muffins.") ;)
Meadow Muffins..........I'll have to use that.........;) ^_^

Upvote 0

Blessed75

Jun 24, 2003
✟5,134.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Gunny said:
The sad truth concerning this "teaching" is that 95% of Christian families send their precious children off to the public school system (aka humanist mills) vs. supporting the starting/building of Christian Schools where God and His Word (The Holy Bible) can be taught.
Gunny, you want to pay the fees that people can't afford to pay to send their kids to Christian schools - be my guest. That's why mine will be going to public schools. Which, I don't have a problem with public schools, b/c I'll be teaching my children about morals and God in the home but that's just my 2 cents..........

Upvote 0

Gunny

Remnant
Site Supporter
May 18, 2002
United States of America
✟58,262.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Blessed75 said:
Gunny, you want to pay the fees that people can't afford to pay to send their kids to Christian schools - be my guest.
IMHO, Families should receive vouchers so as to offset the costs of Christian schooling vs. secular/humanist schooling (Public School system).

Parents should be allowed to have a choice regarding where their children attend school.

Upvote 0

Blessed75

Jun 24, 2003
✟5,134.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Gunny said:
IMHO, Families should receive vouchers so as to offset the costs of Christian schooling vs. secular/humanist schooling (Public School system).

Parents should be allowed to have a choice regarding where their children attend school.
I agree but here, Christian schooling is VERY expensive. We don't have a choice but I do agree with you there.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.