May 23, 2005
✟100,795.00
Country
Malaysia
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single

Not too long ago a kid got accused of being a racist for wearing a native American headdress and painting his face half red and black during a sports event. After backlash from sane people and the threat of a lawsuit, the sport media updated its story in an attempt to somewhat (insincerely) apologise. Now another kid got the same treatment for wearing black face-paint in his school's sport event. He was suspended for 2 days and banned from all other sporting events by the school. Now the parents are threating legal lawsuit.

Why are adults in America so much more moronic than kids nowadays? The kid knew it. He was doing in the sprit of sports. The adults on the other hand were punishing him in the spirit of political correctness. One look at the picture and you would know it's a sporting thing. Athletes wear them all the time. It takes people but a few seconds to search this on the internet. Yet educators can't discern the difference? But IMHO it's not that they couldn't but rather they wouldn't.

All this is happening on a more frequent basis due to the social environment fostered by prolong indoctrination of (2 decades long) political ideology. A spectrum of political ideology that indoctrinated people to be hypersensitive to anything racial (rightly or wrongly). To a hammer everything looks like a nail.

Truth no longer matters as long as there is outrage to be had and someone's feeling trumps the liberty of others.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Vambram

IceJad

May 23, 2005
✟100,795.00
Country
Malaysia
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Yeah, it’s shocking that a school administrator would get lazy and mete out punishment without doing his due diligence. That’s totally never happened before.

Do you still say it's laziness when the principal doubles down after being explained to about the situation? Like I said ideological people are like hammers everything is a nail to them.

"Wednesday afternoon the principal called J.A. into the office, and the next morning my wife and I showed up and he said, ‘He did blackface,’ and he was suspended for two days and was gonna be banned from sports."

Ameduri said he then showed the Muirlands Middle School principal a photo from that night, which he thought would end the controversy and "vindicate" his son.

"He was like, ‘No, that’s blackface,'" Ameduri said.

• Agree
Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,624.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

Do you still say it's laziness when the principal doubles down after being explained to about the situation? Like I said ideological people are like hammers everything is a nail to them.
I do think it's laziness - both physical laziness and intellectual laziness - and pigheadedness. Too lazy to investigate the issue in the first place; too lazy to follow the proper procedures; too lazy to re-open the investigation and consider the possible alternative explanations; too lazy to reconsider their own beliefs; too lazy to deal with confronting and contradicting the initial accusers.

They may very well have some additional philosophies (e.g. "wokeness") motivating this particular manifestation of laziness, but this sort of thing happens all the time and has happened for a long time.

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟433,247.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Truth no longer matters as long as there is outrage to be had and someone's feeling trumps the liberty of others.
Did you ever consider that maybe the boy was one of the kids yelling “racial stuff"?

Or is it easier just to call other people morons before you know the entire story?

Upvote 0

IceJad

May 23, 2005
✟100,795.00
Country
Malaysia
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Does this really happen every day?
You must be fun at parties. It's an expression. English is not even my mother tongue and I understood its meaning.

So when people tell you a step at a time are you going to ask them you're only taking a single step until the next phase? And how do you take a step? Can you lift a motion? You can take a human foot physically. But English is beautiful in a way people can use words to express different things.

What is your opinion on this matter besides being a literalist?

It happened twice in a short period of time. And both events involved kids who only wanted to support their sports teams. And both events adults make horrible judgements putting the innocent kids into unwarranted punishment. Both are done in the name of some progressive ideology. Too frequent if you ask me. Especially toward kids.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Upvote 0

IceJad

May 23, 2005
✟100,795.00
Country
Malaysia
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Did you ever consider that maybe the boy was one of the kids yelling “racial stuff"?

Or is it easier just to call other people morons before you know the entire story?
I guess you didn't read the links. Read then come back and give a proper informed opinion.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟368,230.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
I don't know the kid or what he's like. Seems like a poor decision. He wouldn't be the first kid to be pulling a fast one on their parents.

Ultimately though I also wasn't there to create my own opinion on what went down. I don't feel informed enough to have an opinion.

Why should I have an opinion on this?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟433,247.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
You must be fun at parties. It's an expression. English is not even my mother tongue and I understood its meaning.

So when people tell you a step at a time are you going to ask them you're only taking a single step until the next phase? And how do you take a step? Can you lift a motion? You can take a human foot physically. But English is beautiful in a way people can use words to express different things.

What is your opinion on this matter besides being a literalist?

It happened twice in a short period of time. And both events involved kids who only wanted to support their sports teams. And both events adults make horrible judgements putting the innocent kids into unwarranted punishment. Both are done in the name of some progressive ideology. Too frequent if you ask me. Especially toward kids.
Im not that literal. Most days would do. Otherwise I'd say you are exaggerating the problem..... perhaps to stoke a little "outrage".

• Winner
Reactions: JustOneWay
Upvote 0

IceJad

May 23, 2005
✟100,795.00
Country
Malaysia
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
I do think it's laziness - both physical laziness and intellectual laziness - and pigheadedness. Too lazy to investigate the issue in the first place; too lazy to follow the proper procedures; too lazy to re-open the investigation and consider the possible alternative explanations; too lazy to reconsider their own beliefs; too lazy to deal with confronting and contradicting the initial accusers.

They may very well have some additional philosophies (e.g. "wokeness") motivating this particular manifestation of laziness, but this sort of thing happens all the time and has happened for a long time.

Well if you frame it as a nonchalant attitude then I concur.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟368,230.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
My son and I went to a local army surplus store a couple years ago...basically at the start of Russia going into Ukraine.

My son had some cash and wanted to get something from the army surplus stall at the local flea market. I like that so I go down with him.

He finds the BEST winter hat. It's one of those classic russian fur hats with the flaps. Big huge hammer and sickle right on the front....maybe 3cm diameter. Very red and noticeable on the brown fur.

As we were walking out it struck me. My son is very supportive of Ukraine (as is our city which has a big Ukraine heritage in it) and when I reminded him of the conflict, his poor little shoulders slumped. And he was sad.

But I'll be danged if he chose then to not wear ...not since (wait...once to play in a big snow in our backyard). NEVER out.

He had all the information and he made that choice. I DEFINITELY wished I remembered to remind him of that 20minutes earlier while we were still in the shack. There were a couple other pretty cool things he would have got.

We still have the hat and I'm sure he'll start wearing it someday. Nut not yet.

I can say that if anyone would have given my son grief about that he would have crumbled. He's incredibly sensitive and vulnerable and I would be heartbroken if that happened to him.

My son and daughter, at the age of 5 knew that they should never do blackface.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,624.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
My son and daughter, at the age of 5 knew that they should never do blackface.
I don’t have a lot of patience for racism of any form, but blackface is one where I kind of shrug my shoulders and tend to give a lot of leeway unless somebody is clearly trying to be offensive.

This may be a regional thing, but I don’t think I’d even heard of blackface until I was in my 20’s. I heard all manner of other racial insults and epithets, but blackface just wasn’t a thing that I ever saw or heard anybody mention. Even now, the vast majority of the cases I read about are of folks who stumble into it more-or-less innocently because they don’t know the history. Our society is fairly permissive about dressing up like most anything else, so I’m never surprised when folks don’t realize that Black is off-limits.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟368,230.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
I don’t have a lot of patience for racism of any form, but blackface is one where I kind of shrug my shoulders and tend to give a lot of leeway unless somebody is clearly trying to be offensive.

This may be a regional thing, but I don’t think I’d even heard of blackface until I was in my 20’s. I heard all manner of other racial insults and epithets, but blackface just wasn’t a thing that I ever saw or heard anybody mention. Even now, the vast majority of the cases I read about are of folks who stumble into it more-or-less innocently because they don’t know the history. Our society is fairly permissive about dressing up like most anything else, so I’m never surprised when folks don’t realize that Black is off-limits.
Of course. I hadn't heard about til I was older either. I'm dutch and as part of dutch Christmas tradition we have Zwaarte Pete (Black peter), a white dude in black face that was a slave of Sinter Klaas. There are pictures of our church christmases in the basement that make up look TERRIBLE.

We were not racist but we did NOT know any better in our church. There were no people of colour. But I'll tell you, we stopped that tradition once we heard how some people of colour responded to it.

Upvote 0

MrMoe

Part-Time Breatharian
Sep 13, 2011
Moe's Tavern
✟144,835.00
Faith
Christian

Not too long ago a kid got accused of being a racist for wearing a native American headdress and painting his face half red and black during a sports event. After backlash from sane people and the threat of a lawsuit, the sport media updated its story in an attempt to somewhat (insincerely) apologise. Now another kid got the same treatment for wearing black face-paint in his school's sport event. He was suspended for 2 days and banned from all other sporting events by the school. Now the parents are threating legal lawsuit.

Why are adults in America so much more moronic than kids nowadays? The kid knew it. He was doing in the sprit of sports. The adults on the other hand were punishing him in the spirit of political correctness. One look at the picture and you would know it's a sporting thing. Athletes wear them all the time. It takes people but a few seconds to search this on the internet. Yet educators can't discern the difference? But IMHO it's not that they couldn't but rather they wouldn't.

All this is happening on a more frequent basis due to the social environment fostered by prolong indoctrination of (2 decades long) political ideology. A spectrum of political ideology that indoctrinated people to be hypersensitive to anything racial (rightly or wrongly). To a hammer everything looks like a nail.

Looks like another example of what I call racism pareidolia. Seeing racism where there is none.

Reactions: MehGuy
Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,526.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

Why should we consider that?

If you're looking hard enough to be offended that you're imagining he did things that offended you....why not go all the way with it?

Perhaps he was spotted burning crosses in front of a black church before the game....have you ever considered that???

• Haha
Reactions: MehGuy
Upvote 0