Not open for further replies.

GMRELIC

Jan 30, 2004
texas
✟1,623.00
Faith
Christian
La Bonita Zorilla said:
There was a Taiwanese inappropriate content star named Annabelle Chong who had sex with 100 men for a film. I guess we should by inference then assume all heterosexual women are hos.
That seems to be the logic some are using against the homosexuals,

Upvote 0

Jacey

WinJace
Jan 12, 2004
Atlanta
Visit site
✟5,805.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Democrat
La Bonita Zorilla said:
There was a Taiwanese inappropriate content star named Annabelle Chong who had sex with 100 men for a film. I guess we should by inference then assume all heterosexual women are hos.

Jasmin St. Claire and Houston have her beat by miles.

Upvote 0

jgarden

Senior Veteran
Jan 1, 2004
✟106,405.00
Faith
Methodist
“As we have suggested, Christianity early displayed one of the most striking features of its history, the contrast between the dream of complete unity, the unity of the kind of self-giving love seen in Christ, and division. No other religion has so high an ideal of an inclusive community of love. Yet, as we are to see again and again in the course of our story, no other religion has had as many divisions and so many bitter controversies among its adherents.” (K. S. Latourette)

In what started as a thread about "appropriate" books for children, this has "discussion" has degenerated to AA or worse. I wouldn't want any child of mine reading this off the library shelf.

Latourette was an optomist.

It would take a GOD to love this "motley crew" !!!!!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GMRELIC

Jan 30, 2004
texas
✟1,623.00
Faith
Christian
jgarden said:
“ I wouldn't want any child of mine reading this off the library shelf.
If a child of mine were to bring home this library book, I would sit down with them and try to explain to them that some people are homosexuals and fall in love with people of the same sex, I have tried my best to raise my 2 children (1 of them is now deceased) not to hate people because of sex, race, religion, or sexual orientation, That we are all Gods children and he loves us all, reguardless. my surviving child my daughter is 13 years old and is probably one of the most undiscriminating people in the word. during all this news frenzie over gay marriage she ask me the other day why do so many people hate homosexuals, don't they realize they are children of God and he loves them as much as he does anyone else. IMO that was a very Christian thing for my daughter to say, and made me proud that I have raised her to be loving and accepting of people different of herself

Upvote 0

Philosoft

Orthogonal, Tangential, Tenuously Related
Dec 26, 2002
Southeast of Disorder
Visit site
✟6,503.00
Faith
Atheist
jgarden said:
In what started as a thread about "appropriate" books for children, this has "discussion" has degenerated to AA or worse. I wouldn't want any child of mine reading this off the library shelf.
That's kind of a nonspecific objection. What do you suggest be done?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
M

Matt Never Existed

Dear Sweet Space Monkies! This thread is STILL going on?

The book was about a king who found true love with another king. In the end, they kiss. Thats ALL. The book is there for anyone to read it. If your kid picks it out to read, they MUST want to know what its about. Which means you have a chance to explain what homosexuality IS, according to your beliefs. Unless of course you don't believe homosexuals exist at all, in which case your pretty much up a creek with no paddle.

While some parents might not want such a book to be in a school library, some parents might want it there. And as taking something away from someone else isn't acceptable, It should stay in the library. Parents who don't like it can talk to their kids about homosexuality and tell them not to read it. Parents who want it there can also talk to their kids about homosexuality and tell them they can read whatever the heck they want.

In the end, we all just need to grow up and face facts. A book that has homosexual content, which is par to heterosexual content in disney books/movies, have the same right to be on book shelves in a PUBLIC School Library.

Upvote 0

datan

Nov 16, 2002
Visit site
✟6,836.00
Faith
Protestant
Matt Never Existed said:
In the end, we all just need to grow up and face facts. A book that has homosexual content, which is par to heterosexual content in disney books/movies, have the same right to be on book shelves in a PUBLIC School Library.

face facts or make them up?

Upvote 0

Polycarp1

Born-again Liberal Episcopalian
Sep 4, 2003
USA
✟25,875.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
datan said:
face facts or make them up?
Nice snide twist to throw on his words, datan. It's akin to someone saying, "who did you say your Lord is, anyway?" to you.

And I'll have to submit that that line comes right back to slap you, or at least your side -- Paul Cameron of the Family Research Council/Institute, part of the Focus on the Family complex, is notorious for falsifying information.

Besides which, a lot of the so-called "evidence" that gets flung around is on the par of (hypothetical example) "67% of all the gay black men in Pickett County have chronic sickle-cell anemia." This may be a quite true statement but have no meaning: 1) Sickle-cell anemia is a genetic ailment, not a contagious one; 2) There are only three "out" gay black men in Pickett County; 3) Two of the three are brothers, and they're the ones that inherited the ailment.

To be fair, the problem does exist on the other side of the fence too. There's an oft-quoted figure that one-third of gay teens suicide. This is a confuting of two apparently accurate statistics from separate studies: 1) About one-third of gay teens have thought about suicide; 2) About one-third of the teenagers who do suicide are gay. Both of those are horrible figures in and of themselves, but someone apparently misread them as the second sentence fof this paragraph and generated an "urban legend" type statistic that refuses to be quenched.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.