• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Featured Teacher traumatizes 6-year-old by telling her ‘there is no such thing as boys and girls’

Discussion in 'Current News & Events' started by redleghunter, Jun 19, 2019.

1. dms1972

dms1972 Well-Known Member Supporter

+567
    Non-Denom
    Single

And that is an important distinction, a whole range of things are now being grouped as "trans" or "transgender" issues, which before would have been understood in their own terms : I mean of course cross-dressing, trans-sexualism, transvestitism - which are all a bit different from each other. Most trans-women (male at birth) do not want to go on to have surgery.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2019
  2. dms1972

+567
    Non-Denom
    Single
    It had everything to do with the article in your thread, which was already somewhat of a divergence from the main topic.

Its not a case of 80% 'changing their minds', that 80% refers to the fading away of the dysphoria possibly quite without much deliberate decisions being made or intervention. It is all in the meaning of 'dysphoria' in that they have not decided they want to be the opposite sex, or gender while dysphoric, and don't need to change their minds as such, they simply become happier in themselves as they are - most don't need to be anywhere near a transgender clinic. Low-intensity gender-dysphoria has to be seen as a somewhat normal passing phase for some children, not a disorder. So the point is that one wants to keep it low-level, not push the child to a decision about changing names, and taking them to a transgender clinic. Of course using a chosen name, can sometimes alleviate dysphoria, but feelings do not always reflect reality, and the idea of a girl in a male body is just not supported by any brain science. Using self-harm stats to bolster one side of the argument as to what is best is not balanced.

The problem is that transgender lobbying groups do not respect the science and research, except as I said when it supports their brand of identity politics. They don't think in terms of this or that particular child and what is best for them, they have lost sight of the children to be honest.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2019
  3. sdowney717

sdowney717 Newbie

+1,612
    Christian
    We live in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation
    where most inhabitants are going to be cast into the eternal fires.
    Only those He calls will receive the Word with gladness and be saved.
    The rest God considers the chafe fit only as fire fuel.
    The fire cleans up a things a lot.
    Most do not gladly receive Jesus Christ and are fit only to be burned.
    Children of God are without fault in the Father's eyes, and are fit to receive eternal life in the age of the Resurrection.
    And guess what you dont save anyone or teach anyone to believe, only God does that through Christ.
    God made and makes all things through Christ, including becoming a new creation in Christ.

All this discussion about the flesh is simply of the natural world and all that is green today tomorrow is cast into the fire. Someday God will make all things new, and then where will all these sinners and sinful things be found?

Philippians 2:14-16 New King James Version (NKJV)
    14 Do all things without [a]complaining and disputing, 15 that you may become blameless and harmless, children of God without fault in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation, among whom you shine as lights in the world, 16 holding fast the word of life, so that I may rejoice in the day of Christ that I have not run in vain or labored in vain.

Acts 2:39-41 New King James Version (NKJV)
    39 For the promise is to you and to your children, and to all who are afar off, as many as the Lord our God will call.”

A Vital Church Grows
    40 And with many other words he testified and exhorted them, saying, Be saved from this perverse generation.” 41 Then those who gladly received his word were baptized; and that day about three thousand souls were added to them.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  4. ChristianGirl_96

ChristianGirl_96 Active Member

+341
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    In Relationship
    Some teachers should not be teaching

5. aiki

aiki Regular Member

+2,692
    Canada
    Baptist
    Married
    CA-Conservatives
    Hitler said, "He alone, who owns the youth, gains the future." The progressives know what they are doing. While conservative-minded folk sit around wringing their hands and describing all the awful things these ideological wingnuts are doing to their children, the wingnuts continue unabated to do as they are doing. It is a fool who describes and analyzes the grizzly bear charging him instead of picking up his gun and shooting it. This is, essentially, what those opposed to this foul leftist ideological insanity that is mauling their children are doing. Until something more...concrete is done to curb leftist ideology, leftists will continue to act under the advice of Hitler concerning children.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. RDKirk

RDKirk Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner Supporter

+10,498
    Christian
    Married
    "If you send your children to Caesar's schools, don't be surprised if they turn out Romans."

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  7. sdowney717

sdowney717 Newbie

+1,612
    Christian
    College and universities are bad about this too.

8. RDKirk

RDKirk Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner Supporter

+10,498
    Christian
    Married
    Those fall into the category of "Caesar's schools."

9. DanishLutheran

DanishLutheran Active Member

+180
    Denmark
    Lutheran
    Single
    That's 99% because it isn't, and 1% because they're kids. And I say this as a black lesbian, and you can't deny that I am one, or you're oppressing me, you bigot! ^_^

10. FireDragon76

FireDragon76 En cuanto lo hicisteis a uno de estos mis hermanos Supporter

+9,311
    United States
    Lutheran
    Legal Union (Other)
    US-Democrat
    Like I said, even some adults cannot understand the concept.

11. DanishLutheran

DanishLutheran Active Member

+180
    Denmark
    Lutheran
    Single
    Understanding a fantasy is not the same as believing said fantasy

12. Blade

Blade Veteran Supporter

+1,439
    Christian
    Married
    we really need to be praying..

13. hedrick

hedrick Senior Veteran Supporter

+4,287
    Presbyterian
    Single
    We are. The people who really need prayer are the trans people, particularly those in churches that don't accept them.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2019
  14. dms1972

+567
    Non-Denom
    Single
    Is it 'Romans' or 'Barbarians' we are dealing with? Personally I think we could benefit once in a while, from a bit of Marcus Aurelius' wisdom.

"What illusion about myself do I entertain?" Marcus Aurelius

Last edited: Jun 24, 2019
  15. chevyontheriver

chevyontheriver Well-Known Member Supporter

+5,412
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-American-Solidarity
    That's a good question. I would say that 'Romans' is a metaphor for 'Barbarians'. Except that to be truly perverse often needs more 'culture' than simple barbarians can muster. Tiberius, Nero, Caligula, and Elagabalus were quite debauched. Then there is the son of Marcus Aurelius, Commodus, as dissolute as any.

Here we have also to consider the Greek schools and their attempts to educate the Jews of Jerusalem, The Maccabean revolt commemorated by Hannukah is a story of rejecting the wrong schooling.

16. sdowney717

sdowney717 Newbie

+1,612
    Christian
    At that time, Israel was God's chosen people and under covenant with God, and all the other nations and peoples were under the sway of the devil.
    Now today, all nations and its peoples, including Israel and its jews are under the sway of the devil, (like intoxicated and mentally blinded and stunned by the devil to do his will and are restrained by God) and only the born again, born of God people are of God. To be of God, means your born of God and have been chosen to be His, you have been given an understanding to know God and Christ, and so then are part of His family and He is saving you from the wicked and perverse generation around you. Of course some Christians partially join themselves to the world and might suffer like Lot did living in Sodom, note v21.
    =====================================================
    18 We know that whoever is born of God does not sin; but he who has been born of God keeps himself, and the wicked one does not touch him.

19 We know that we are of God, and the whole world lies under the sway of the wicked one.

20 And we know that the Son of God has come and has given us an understanding, that we may know Him who is true; and we are in Him who is true, in His Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God and eternal life.

21 Little children, keep yourselves from idols. Amen.

New American Standard Bible
    We know that we are of God, and that the whole world lies in the power of the evil one.

King James Bible
    And we know that we are of God, and the whole world lieth in wickedness.

17. AACJ

AACJ Please Pray

+1,050
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Constitution

18. Pepper77

Pepper77 By grace through faith

+52
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    Let the parents talk about them if they choose to. Kindergarten is way to early to be talking about gender identity to children anyway. If parents see an issue with their own child they are responsible to deal with that. Talking to kids in general about this is very confusing, and I think most parents would not like it. I would be livid.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  19. dms1972

+567
    Non-Denom
    Single
    Thanks for clarifying and expanding on the point in question. Please add any more detail you wish if you can say more about additional points you have raised. :) You will notice, I only quoted Marcus Aurellius - but for the sake of clarity I will say one should not draw an inference that all Roman Emperors were equally good or equally despicable. That there were dissolute and ambitious Roman leaders is beyond doubt. Commodus I started to read a little about after seeing the Gladiator film, and indeed his ambition seemed to know no limits. Fathers and sons can sometimes be very different in character though. Marcus Aurellius is thought to have been one of the "five good emperors".

Last edited: Jun 29, 2019
  20. dms1972

+567
    Non-Denom
    Single
    Very much agree with you here. Leaving this to parents to address with their children at a time of their choosing and in a manner appropriate. Some children will probably ask their parents though at some point, and if parents cultivate a climate were they are respected and children can ask about such things that no doubt helps.