Girls at Sleepover Were Allegedly Drugged by 12-Year-Old's Dad: 'I Don't Feel Safe'

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,378.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
An Oregon man is accused of drugging three 12-year-old girls with benzodiazepine at his daughter’s sleepover last summer, then waiting for them to fall asleep.

Michael Meyden, 57, turned himself into police on Thursday and was indicted on nine felony and misdemeanor charges, including causing another to ingest a controlled substance, according to the Lake Oswego Police Department.

The affidavit says that later when the girls went to bed, one of the girls who secretly did not finish her drink saw Meyden come downstairs and perform tests to see if the girls were sleeping, including putting a finger under one of their noses and waving a hand in front of her face, according to The Lake Oswego Review.

the girl frantically texted her mother at 1:43 a.m. local time: <-- hero

Another girl could not walk without assistance when her parents picked her up that night, repeating “what happened,” police said, according to The Oregonian.

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,822.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
An Oregon man is accused of drugging three 12-year-old girls with benzodiazepine at his daughter’s sleepover last summer, then waiting for them to fall asleep.

Michael Meyden, 57, turned himself into police on Thursday and was indicted on nine felony and misdemeanor charges, including causing another to ingest a controlled substance, according to the Lake Oswego Police Department.

The affidavit says that later when the girls went to bed, one of the girls who secretly did not finish her drink saw Meyden come downstairs and perform tests to see if the girls were sleeping, including putting a finger under one of their noses and waving a hand in front of her face, according to The Lake Oswego Review.

Another girl could not walk without assistance when her parents picked her up that night, repeating “what happened,” police said, according to The Oregonian.
"However, jail records reviewed by PEOPLE show he is no longer in custody as of Friday morning. " The Oregonian reports his bail was set at $50,000.

I really hope he's not anywhere around his daughter, or children in general.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,378.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
I really hope he's not anywhere around his daughter, or children in general.
I expect much of the town would like to feed him a knuckle sandwich, so I imagine he's keeping a low profile.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,822.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
I expect much of the town would like to feed him a knuckle sandwich, so I imagine he's keeping a low profile.
Well, I imagine someone reasonable doesn't try to drug an entire slumber party of girls with mango smoothies. Maybe this person isn't very reasonable.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,349.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

People really need to always keep a close and watchful eye on their children ... many many MANY wolves out there.

Reactions: LizaMarie
Upvote 0

LizaMarie

Jan 17, 2015
✟142,962.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
People really need to always keep a close and watchful eye on their children ... many many MANY wolves out there.
I was never a fan of sleepovers for our kids for this reason. We only allowed it very reluctantly, and really vetted the parents(knew them quite well) before we would allow our children to sleep over. Even then, I found out they were watching movies and playing video games we didn't approve of here at home. Our kids weren't allowed any sleepovers until middle school, and then very few.
We denied them sleepovers on many occasions because we didn't know the family and parents.
And I had a high school friend who confided in me that she was sexually molested during a sleepover by her friend's older brother
after being plied with alcohol(this would be around 1970 ish)Parents didn't know.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
We weren't permitted to attend sleepovers growing up. It was my father's consensus that our knowledge of most was limited and what occurred behind closed doors was rarely known. The lone exceptions he permitted were our grandparents, sporadic instances with two aunts and a couple they befriended who had a large family. They were there when we stayed.

While I don't believe everyone exploits children I agree with his position nonetheless. I was more selective with my daughter and restricted her sleepovers to my mother's. Over the years I've heard numerous stories of unfortunate incidents which are usually the result of unsupervision.

Perhaps I'm old fashioned or more discriminating about my children. I don't expect for others to have the same regard or believe they're in good hands just because they're familiar.

And I've never been a fan of eating in other people's home. Nor did I allow my daughter to do the same.

~bella

Reactions: LizaMarie
Upvote 0

St. Helens

I stand with Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
CF Staff Trainer
Site Supporter
Jul 24, 2007
Lower Slower Minnesota
✟1,227,028.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Never a fan of sleepovers either. Fortunately I raised a son, so he wasn't into that kind of thing. This wastrel belongs in jail for life. He should never be allowed near another child as long as he lives.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LizaMarie

Jan 17, 2015
✟142,962.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Never a fan of sleepovers either. Fortunately I raised a son, so he wasn't into that kind of thing. This wastrel belongs in jail for life. He should never be allowed near another child as long as he lives.
My sons both begged for sleepovers when they got into middle school. We denied most of them.
We relented for a few and even then we regretted some of them.

Upvote 0