Visit site
✟27,987.00
Country
Greece
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
This is my latest of St John the Forerunner. I painted it as a gift for a friend who celebrates her nameday on the 7th. I had this feeling I HAD to give her the icon that day, but she was at work, to I went to her work on the other side of Athens to give it to her. She confirmed the next day that that certainly didn't happen by chance. She had the icon on her desk and it became the cause for endless discussions about the faith with her coworkers! Holy Forerunner and Baptist John pray for us!:crosseo:
n709320812_2233874_9746.jpg

Upvote 0

ikonographics

In patience I waited patiently on the Lord
Apr 27, 2008
Greece
Visit site
✟27,987.00
Country
Greece
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Julia, do you sell your icons anywhere?

I don't have a website or a specific "place" that I sell icons. I just leave commissions in God's hands and He provides. Any one interested can PM me.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Michael G

Abe Frohmann
Feb 22, 2004
Six-burgh, Pa
Visit site
✟95,591.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Michael, did you post these knowing that today is St. Theodore the Studite's feast day?

No, I wasn't even paying attention to the liturgical calendar! LOL! I was just trying to jumpstart the thread.

Upvote 0

-Kyriaki-

seeking answers in stillness
Sep 30, 2002
South Australia
Visit site
✟23,127.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
It's been quiet here lately.

Here's my work-in-progress - I'm embroidering an icon of St Nicholas. It's cross-stitched in cotton thread, one length of thread over the point where two threads intersect, 32 stitches to the inch in any given direction. Oh, and the halo is two colours of gold (and sparkly - and hard to stitch with!!) thread :)

Upvote 0

Michael G

Abe Frohmann
Feb 22, 2004
Six-burgh, Pa
Visit site
✟95,591.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It's been quiet here lately.

Here's my work-in-progress - I'm embroidering an icon of St Nicholas. It's cross-stitched in cotton thread, one length of thread over the point where two threads intersect, 32 stitches to the inch in any given direction. Oh, and the halo is two colours of gold (and sparkly - and hard to stitch with!!) thread :)

That is beautiful! Do you take orders?

Upvote 0

-Kyriaki-

seeking answers in stillness
Sep 30, 2002
South Australia
Visit site
✟23,127.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I do, but I warn you - this method of embroidering icons is very time consuming and you won't get it soon :) It's lovely to do though. I hit a brick wall with this and didn't want to stitch it while I was annoyed with it, and didn't work on him for a few months, which doesn't help either. When I don't get distracted I progress a bit quicker!

Upvote 0

nutroll

Veteran
Apr 26, 2006
Boise, ID
Visit site
✟280,560.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
This is a scan of an icon of St. Elizabeth the New Martyr that I painted as a Valentine's Day gift for my girlfriend. I need to take a real photo as the scan makes it hard to see the detail in the background, but unfortunately I'll have to wait until next month to get a picture. Just so everyone knows, hand-painted icons apparently make really great Valentine's gifts which lead to tears and an inability to let go of the icon for hours afterwards, especially when the icon has a really squishy, heartfelt inscription on the back. So get your orders in now for next year... ;)

liznewmart.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Michael G

Abe Frohmann
Feb 22, 2004
Six-burgh, Pa
Visit site
✟95,591.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
This is a scan of an icon of St. Elizabeth the New Martyr that I painted as a Valentine's Day gift for my girlfriend. I need to take a real photo as the scan makes it hard to see the detail in the background, but unfortunately I'll have to wait until next month to get a picture. Just so everyone knows, hand-painted icons apparently make really great Valentine's gifts which lead to tears and an inability to let go of the icon for hours afterwards, especially when the icon has a really squishy, heartfelt inscription on the back. So get your orders in now for next year... ;)

liznewmart.jpg

Both Mrs. G and I are laughing at this one! I hope hand written icons make great wedding gifts!

Upvote 0

nutroll

Veteran
Apr 26, 2006
Boise, ID
Visit site
✟280,560.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Hey Matt, do icons make great wedding gifts? (hint, hint) :D

I'm sure they do, but I can't figure out what you are hinting at? Are you trying to decide whether I want you to make an icon for me for my wedding? Because I haven't even put a ring on her finger yet, it would seem a little premature for you to ask.

Upvote 0