• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TAW Iconographers

Discussion in 'The Ancient Way - Eastern Orthodox' started by ikonographics, Jan 5, 2009.

1. Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky Guest

+0
    I thought I'd just post this in here...it's a picture of the monks installing the Pantocrator icon in our new dome. The iconographer is Archbishop Gregory of Buena Vista.

Attached Files:

2. Michael G

Michael G Abe Frohmann

+10,807
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    US-Republican
  3. ikonographics

ikonographics In patience I waited patiently on the Lord

+427
    Greece
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    [​IMG]

4. ikonographics

+427
    Greece
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    [​IMG]

5. nutroll

nutroll Veteran

+594
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    I recently completed a big project that I had been working on for about a year... the iconostasis at my Church. The icons that the parish had before this were very bad prints (and I mean really bad. They looked like they were printed out on a very bad inkjet printer, and they were really blotchy looking like they had gotten wet or something). As a wedding gift for my wife, I decided that I would replace all the icons in the iconostasis.

So in May of last year, the icons of Christ, the Theotokos and the Transfiguration of Christ (the Church is named Holy Transfiguration) were installed.

The night before the wedding, I (along with some helpers from the Church) installed the new Royal Doors and the icon of St. John the Forerunner. At the end of Bright Week, I installed (temporarily since they hadn't been mounted to wood yet) the icons of the Archangels Michael and Gabriel on the Deacon's Doors.

I then did some finishing touches on all of the icons and reinstalled everything. We are hoping to have a blessing soon for all of the icons now that they are all finished. I wanted to share pictures now that everything is completed.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Antony in Tx

Antony in Tx a sinner

+217
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    Praise God!!!

7. ikonographics

+427
    Greece
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
  8. ikonographics

+427
    Greece
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    My spiritual father recently visited Kazakhstan, which Patriarch Alexey had described as "Russia's antimension" as thousands were martyred there in the gulags. He was given relics of St Nicholas the Confessor of Alma Ata and Kazakhstan and asked me to paint his icon for the church. You can read about the life of St Nicholas here. He is known to perform many miracles.

[​IMG]

9. Michael G

Michael G Abe Frohmann

+10,807
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    US-Republican
    Does CF not allow us to link photos to facebook?

10. Happy Orthodox

Happy Orthodox Senior Member

+76
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    Is there any progress on this, Kyriaki?

But this looks beautiful! I'm also working on a cross stitch project which is 28 stitches per inch and much less complicated. I feel bad now for abandoning it for months! Where did you get the pattern?

Last edited: Oct 2, 2010
  11. -Kyriaki-

-Kyriaki- seeking answers in stillness

+344
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    Thankyou for the compliment!

Unfortunately no... I should get it back out again, I got to the bits with metallic thread and got a bit stuck because the metallic I used isn't very good, oh well.

The pattern is from Solaria Gallery and you can find it if you google, I can't remember the actual website. They're good patterns, but use Petite Treasure Braid or glissen gloss for the metallics, what they recommend is awful!

12. Happy Orthodox

Happy Orthodox Senior Member

+76
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    Oh my gosh! That gallery is amazing! I'm trying to create my own pattern and ornament from an icon and it's taking too long...

Well, I bought a bunch of metallic threads at a craft store and using whatever fits. I'm actually "gilding" the entire background with different gold colored metallic threads. I like it so far.

13. MichaelHelp

MichaelHelp Newbie

+15
    Christian
    Single
    US-Others
    What does his hand gesture in the first post mean? I have seen many icons with the person making this gesture.

14. ikonographics

+427
    Greece
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    It forms the letters of the abbreviation of "Jesus Christ" in Greek ΙCXC. It is the gesture used by Orthodox priests when giving a blessing. In other words they are blessing with the name of Jesus Christ.

15. Michael G

Michael G Abe Frohmann

+10,807
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    US-Republican
    St. Moses the Ethiopian.

16. Michael G

Michael G Abe Frohmann

+10,807
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    US-Republican
  17. JCFantasy23

JCFantasy23 In a Kingdom by the Sea Staff Member Administrator Supporter CF Senior Ambassador Angels Team

+4,326
    United States
    Methodist
    Single
    US-Others

Love the website and your work.

There's some very talented people here on this thread, I had no idea until now. :thumbsup:

18. ikonographics

+427
    Greece
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    Just to give this thread a kickstart again... St Gregory the Theologian
    [​IMG]

19. Michael G

Michael G Abe Frohmann

+10,807
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    US-Republican
    Theotokos written for my wife's rose garden. 18 x 24 inches.

Attached Files:

20. ikonographics

+427
    Greece
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    St Nicholas of Japan

[​IMG]