Visit site
✟279,960.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Here's an icon of St. John of Damascus based on a prototype from Corfu that I just love. The icon is about 4.5 feet tall and will be in my living room until someone pries it from my metaphorical cold, dead hand:

s_jdamnewlarge.jpg

The color in the upper corners is actually the background of my website, and is not part of the icon, just in case anyone was wondering.

Upvote 0

Michael G

Abe Frohmann
Feb 22, 2004
Six-burgh, Pa
Visit site
✟95,591.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
And finally, since Michael mentioned St. Andrei Rublev, I thought I would post a picture of an icon of him (St. Andrei, not Michael) that I painted a couple months ago:

s_andreilarge.jpg

Is that the one I bought from you last spring?

Upvote 0

nutroll

Veteran
Apr 26, 2006
Boise, ID
Visit site
✟279,960.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Is that the one I bought from you last spring?

No it was one that I painted for a lady at my church. She saw the one that you bought when I had it in the show at St. Vincent last december and wanted a smaller one to give to her husband as a birthday present because his birthday is St. Andrei's feast day. So imagine the one you bought shrunk down to about 10 inches tall, and that's what it was....

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Michael G

Abe Frohmann
Feb 22, 2004
Six-burgh, Pa
Visit site
✟95,591.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The Inexhaustible Cup is my LEAST favorite icon to write. Fr. Patrick gave me the "holy labor" to write one and pray the akathist while writing it about 10 years ago. He gave me this to help me deal with some very bad relationships I had had when I was young. The icon turned out horriblly and I was under great stress while praying and writing it. But I guess the prayers worked because she definitely heard and answered the prayers!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Breaking Babylon

Who is this King of glory?
Site Supporter
Jan 1, 2006
West Virginia
✟58,374.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Hey Mike, I have a request -- post your icon of Theotokos: Tenderness. I have it here at home and it's one of my favorite icons.

A request for Matthew too -- your icon of The Church as displayed as an Ark.

Upvote 0