Cis.jd

Dec 3, 2015
New York, NY
✟140,465.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I post scripture all the time. You just ignore it, as you do with everyone else.

You judge literally everyone else on this forum except the few who disagree with you. Don't you notice how people (not just me) react to you posts? You come to a place full of Christians and tell them all that they don't know the gospel and that instead they should listen to you for the true teachings? But when they ask you what you mean by that you simply answer with a vague question. I ask you if you eat pork and you ask me if I wish to be righteous. Why can't you just answer a question? Why do you constantly want to sound wiser then everyone else around you? I don't hate you I just think you are unable to see yourself. I know I am prideful and wrath is my temptation. Yet I see your posts and they remind me of my dad back when he was on drugs. Alot of complicated sentences that I'm sure you understand, but no one else does. Just take a hint at how people respond to you on here. We just want this place to be a place of learning and helpfulness, not a place of judgement and preachiness.

I'm sure I'm being a hypocrite but still please listen.

I know your intentions are good but try to look at it from our perspective.

I know his heart is at the right place but his illustrations of God is a God who is just holy due to being all powerful. It's a militant God whose morals, code, ethics, are all justified because he just has the power to do so and not "following him" results in your execution. There is no form of rationalism or reason, it's all about his literal/fundamentalistic views.

You give him verses or a rational, he ignores it and then spams prayer emojis on all of your posts. It's mindsets like his that cause people to leave christianity.

• Winner
Reactions: ☦Marius☦
Upvote 0

Cis.jd

Dec 3, 2015
New York, NY
✟140,465.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
As for the topic. No. There is nothing wrong with. It can be viewed as in bad taste, and it is permanent so that if there is any mistake or you just don't like next week, then tough luck.

Leviticus bans a lot of things, including selfish... so why is this being used? Moat versions have it as marks anyway which can mean anything such as branding. In fact, this was just post-egypt and tattooing to the Egyptians was only for women who were pregnant or something, and they did it out of believing it to be a charm. Same with the Canaanites (although the religious beliefs involved could have been different).

Upvote 0

longwait

Mar 14, 2016
asia
✟85,978.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This isn't meant to stir up dissension, it's just an honest question. Please keep things civil and remember to love one another despite our differences.

I personally see nothing wrong with tattoos, to an extent. As long as the tattoo isn't obnoxious, vulgar, or obscene, then what's the harm? I already have one tattoo that I got when I wasn't walking with Christ but now I'm planning on getting a second. I've prayed about it and firmly believe there's nothing wrong with a reasonable tattoo.

Thoughts?

There is a new type of tattoo that plays music. Many believe that too is another form of the mark of the beast. Don't take that one.

Upvote 0

marineimaging

Texas Baptist now living in Colorado
Jul 14, 2014
Ward, Colorado
Visit site
✟90,207.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
This isn't meant to stir up dissension, it's just an honest question. Please keep things civil and remember to love one another despite our differences.

I personally see nothing wrong with tattoos, to an extent. As long as the tattoo isn't obnoxious, vulgar, or obscene, then what's the harm? I already have one tattoo that I got when I wasn't walking with Christ but now I'm planning on getting a second. I've prayed about it and firmly believe there's nothing wrong with a reasonable tattoo.

Thoughts?
I know as I have one. A tattoo is about pride in one's self or is about displeasure in what God has made you. It is about short term pleasure..., yours. The one thing about a tattoo, beyond them being pagan rituals in many lands, is that as we mature in Christ we can never change the message that is sent by the tattoo. I know many, many Christians (me for one) who awoke to them being wrong and having to explain these atrocities to our children. Rather than focus on what is "wrong" about them, focus on what is "right" according to God and which cannot be accomplished in some other way. Is a tattoo the only way to express yourself? Is it the only way to send a message about your being, your body, or your relationship? What is so right that you can't do without it and still be in a close relationship with Christ?

Upvote 0

Cnnsdc63

Dec 27, 2018
Pennsylvanis
✟13,851.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Well I am getting ready for church, I guess I’ll explain to my pastor, a former Marine how he is excluded from God’s grace because of his tattoo. I’ll explain how Jesus on the cross left him out.......just kidding, he would bust out laughing.

Reactions: Kerensa
Upvote 0

Cis.jd

Dec 3, 2015
New York, NY
✟140,465.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
There is a new type of tattoo that plays music. Many believe that too is another form of the mark of the beast. Don't take that one.

That is not the "mark of the beast". Imagine if that music playing tattoo is pikachu or lebron james playing a violin.. that is satanic? Some people are paranoid over nothing. Why does everything weird have to automatically be put in the "satan bin", can't "maybe that is just bad taste and a waste of money" be thought of first?

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I don’t have any tattoos nor would I get one, but there is certainly nothing wrong with getting one. If you personally think it is wrong for a Christian to get a tattoo then by all means don’t get one, but don’t tell others that they cannot be saved because they have one.

• Agree
Reactions: Kerensa
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Seadish

Oct 16, 2018
Colorado
✟33,935.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Right and I get that. My issue is that I've been looked down on by many Christians because I have a pine tree tattooed on my wrist. A pine tree. It is in no way an effort to offend or promote demonic concepts or whatever. It's a tree! And I know many Godly men and women who have verses tattooed on them. So it confuses me what all the hatred for these innocent tattoos is about.
Yes We are to treat our bodies as temples we all have sin do not let others judge you

Upvote 0

Loyce KG

Everyone MUST hear the gospel of Christ!
Nov 19, 2018
Kampala
✟44,026.00
Country
Uganda
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single

Thoughts?
As far as scripture goes, tattoos are not sinful. However, my counsel is to strongly sdiavourage you from getting anymore tattoos for the following reasons;

-They are permanent. This is something you will love with forever till you pass on.

-In view of Paul’s counsel against adornment being minimally external and maximally internal and in view of his counsel that the adornment or the hair not signify excessive preoccupation with looks, I would say tattoos do signify a fairly high preoccupation with looks, because to choose to get an adornment that will be with you forever is a high level commitment to adornment. I think probably too high.

-You will not look the same 30years from now. Imagine having sagging skin with tattoos;that's just like an old printed bag.

-if your goal of getting a tattoo is to use it to tell the world that you are follower of Jesus, you have better options pointed out in scripture(Matthew5:16). Shine your light, do good works, be the salt and light, show love.

Upvote 0

Monk Brendan

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2016
Phoenix, Arizona
Visit site
✟294,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

Thoughts?
I don't know what a "reasonable tattoo" would be, but our pastor has two well hidden medical tattoos.

There is an Orthodox priest who served as a medic during Vietnam, and got a prayer tattooed on his shoulder before he was ordained in memory of his fallen camrades.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No..there is nothing wrong with them. Some like to go to the OT and try to quote something that was written but.. lol..not even the same. Its your FATHER...Christ is in you..so ask.. again.. there is nothing wrong with them. I dont have one. my son does.. strange how GOD is in him works though Him and NEVER ONCE in all my prayers and talking.. has HE said a word to any of us..

Wow..

Upvote 0

ItIsFinished!

Jesus Christ is our only hope.
Sep 1, 2018
Middletown
✟52,772.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Why do you always resort to ad hominem whenever questioned? We are trying to help you not hurt you. Are you seriously so proud that you think the majority of Christians on this forum from various denominations are completely incompetent at reading scripture and that all the Christians in their church's are unsaved?

Cis comes from a tradition 2000 years old as do I. I know you don't agree with us but what right do you have to say that you are more right then billions of Christians over the ages? You may think you are correct but does it not take extreme pride to be so convinced that you berate everyone else?

You are literally taking your interpretation of scripture and calling it scripture. That's not just pride its borderline blaspheme.
You are making a staggering point.
Good job brother.

Upvote 0

Miles

Student of Life
Mar 6, 2005
USA
✟382,428.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Some might consider tattoos to be a fashion crime or a bad decision, but I wouldn't call them sinful. That's putting too much importance on something that's essentially decorative. God judges us based on what's in our hearts, and we should try to do the same.

On the other hand, I wouldn't necessarily say that tattoos are harmless. As much as we may dislike it, others judge us based on our appearance. In some circumstances, they can even make it harder to find employment.

Upvote 0

Tayla

Site Supporter
Sep 30, 2017
USA
✟147,315.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
firmly believe there's nothing wrong with a reasonable tattoo.
Seems harmless. I suggest before getting one, people consider how they will feel about it decades in the future. It is a permanent decision which might be regretted later.

• Agree
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0