Visit site
✟882,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am not a big fan of tattoos, personally.

But I have friends who have tattoos. One friend was wanting a new one. I told him if he was going to get a tattoo he should get one on his stomach showing Jesus on a boat, on the sea. That way when he did sit-ups the seas would be raging, then when he stopped Jesus would calm the storm!

Now that would be a conversation starter!

Upvote 0

standingtall

Such is life....
Jan 5, 2012
✟1,535.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I personally have 6 tattoos I got when I was much younger after I had first joined the Army. In my opinion, I believe it's a matter of choice on the individual's part, and I don't feel at all "condemned" or convicted because I have them.

However, I will never try convince anyone that the meaning of my tattoos somehow "changed" because I came to Christ. That's seems to me like trying to explain it away for doing something that shouldn't have been done in the first place.

I got them, I have them, and they're a part of me now. It is what it is. Should I have done it? Well, I can tell you that if I knew what I know now, I probably wouldn't have gotten 6 of them; however, might have gotten a couple but wouldn't try to make it out that they have some kinds of deep religious meaning.

Last edited:
Reactions: JoshuaDaryl
Upvote 0
A

Ascendo

Nice Christ-like statement, Ascendo! On judgment day, offending your brothers and sisters in Christ will be YOUR issue.

2 Corinthians 5:10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.

And you will be justified or condemned by every idle word you speak.

Matthew 12:36 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.

Matthew 12:37 For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

Be blessed! :wave:

The passive-aggressive "be blessed" is a nice touch. I hope I don't offend you by calling you out on it.

Those verses you posted don't mean we need to live our lives worried what others will think of us. In fact, the Bible is clear that we will offend people by living as believers. Should we worry about that?

In the words of Inigo Montoya, “You Keep Using That Word, I Do Not Think It Means What You Think It Means.”

Upvote 0

sheina

Born Crucified
Mar 30, 2007
Mississippi
✟17,014.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Ascendo said:
Who cares about offending people? Be as offended as you want, that's your issue.
Ascendo said:
I hope I don't offend you by calling you out on it.
You talk out of both sides of your mouth.

Why should you care if you "offend" anyone?

Upvote 0

Skala

I'm a Saint. Not because of me, but because of Him
Mar 15, 2011
✟27,869.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
You see, as a dispensationalist, I see Israel and the church as distinct. Clearly from Hebrews 7.12 I am not under the law; and by God's grace now I live by 'a better hope' (Hebrews 7.19) and so I don't try to police the way people do evangelism.

A lot of Christians do find faith based tattoos effective in witness; they do lead to many profitable testimony conversations.

Blessings.

You don't have to be a dispy to think the OT laws don't apply to Christians today.

Many of the OT laws were given to Israel specifically, because of their specific circumstance and position given to them by God. These laws don't apply to the 21st century modern Christian.

Further, the Apostle Paul says the old law was "abolished at the cross where Christ cancelled the written code, with its regulations" Col 2:14

And again he tells the Jews that the they were enslaved by tradition since they were still practicing the OT laws: “But now that you know God — or rather are known by God — how is it that you are turning back to those weak and miserable principles? Do you wish to be enslaved by them all over again?"

So, to conclude..You don't have to be a dispy to think the OT laws don't apply to Christians today.
:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Bluelion

Peace and Love
Oct 6, 2013
Pa
✟6,506.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
You talk out of both sides of your mouth.

Why should you care if you "offend" anyone?

is that your Biblical stance?

Fact is I am a child of God and you said you are offend by the way i look. Now you can explain to God why His child offends you. The issue and this is what he is saying is yours not ours, because you judge a person by looks, which is shallow and vanity. I post the Bible verse where James said if you perfect one group of people to another your motives are evil. Those are not my judgement but God, so are now also offended by God?

Upvote 0

Bluelion

Peace and Love
Oct 6, 2013
Pa
✟6,506.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
You don't have to be a dispy to think the OT laws don't apply to Christians today.

Many of the OT laws were given to Israel specifically, because of their specific circumstance and position given to them by God. These laws don't apply to the 21st century modern Christian.

Further, the Apostle Paul says the old law was "abolished at the cross where Christ cancelled the written code, with its regulations" Col 2:14

And again he tells the Jews that the they were enslaved by tradition since they were still practicing the OT laws: “But now that you know God — or rather are known by God — how is it that you are turning back to those weak and miserable principles? Do you wish to be enslaved by them all over again?"

So, to conclude..You don't have to be a dispy to think the OT laws don't apply to Christians today.
:thumbsup:

The Law is vast, I try to keep the two greatest which all the Law hangs, and under those two, I fail to see how my tattoos are not loving God, unless i was to tat a false god and worship it, or not loving others.

I was saved at 6 so I was very much saved when I got my tats. The way i look reflects the hard life I have had. I like the way i look because when people judge me with out speaking to me, I see what is really in their hearts.

Upvote 0

sheina

Born Crucified
Mar 30, 2007
Mississippi
✟17,014.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
is that your Biblical stance?
Was I quoting you Bluelion? I believe I was responding to Ascendo and his rude remark that he didn't care if anyone was offended and it was that person's issue.

Fact is I am a child of God and you said you are offend by the way i look.
I don't know how many times I need to repeat this. I never said YOU (Bluelion) offended me. I said that TATTOOS (did you see that...TATTOOS) offended me. However, your un-Christlike attitude offends me more than TATTOOS do.
Now you can explain to God why His child offends you.
What part of TATTOOS OFFEND ME do you not understand, Bluelion?
The issue and this is what he is saying is yours not ours, because you judge a person by looks, which is shallow and vanity.
The issue is YOUR attitude....taking offense at statements which were not even directed to you. You seem to really like to bully others with whom you don't agree, Bluelion.
I post the Bible verse where James said if you perfect one group of people to another your motives are evil. Those are not my judgement but God, so are now also offended by God?
Do you like to pull Scriptures out of context in order to bash other brothers and sisters in Christ? You are judging my motives (hypocritically) through your un-Christlike attitude due to your misunderstanding everything that has transpired in this discussion with you.

I am offended at your arrogant and un-Christlike attitude, which is directed at those with whom you disagree. Only those who agree with your beliefs about tattoos escape your obnoxious anger....which is NOT of God.

Upvote 0

Bluelion

Peace and Love
Oct 6, 2013
Pa
✟6,506.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
So you like to be able to have a "caught you sinning!" device?

Nice!

Did i say that? what I said was I like being able to see what is in people hearts. Seeing a person for who they are. I don't really care about their sin, but I do care about their heart.

Like to pass another false judgement on me while your speaking of sinning?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bluelion

Peace and Love
Oct 6, 2013
Pa
✟6,506.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Was I quoting you Bluelion? I believe I was responding to Ascendo and his rude remark that he didn't care if anyone was offended and it was that person's issue.

I don't know how many times I need to repeat this. I never said YOU (Bluelion) offended me. I said that TATTOOS (did you see that...TATTOOS) offended me. However, your un-Christlike attitude offends me more than TATTOOS do.
What part of TATTOOS OFFEND ME do you not understand, Bluelion?
The issue is YOUR attitude....taking offense at statements which were not even directed to you. You seem to really like to bully others with whom you don't agree, Bluelion.
Do you like to pull Scriptures out of context in order to bash other brothers and sisters in Christ? You are judging my motives (hypocritically) through your un-Christlike attitude due to your misunderstanding everything that has transpired in this discussion with you.

I am offended at your arrogant and un-Christlike attitude, which is directed at those with whom you disagree. Only those who agree with your beliefs about tattoos escape your obnoxious anger....which is NOT of God.

So your judgement are I am unChrist like, I am arrogant, I am angry, I am a bully. i mis use Gods word. Is this because I don't agree with you? You pass judgement after judgement, seems like a bulling tactic like a parent trying to control a child. That is the psychology you are using here if your unware:) Seems you are guilty of what you accused me of, that is called projection in psychology. Happens to me a lot.

First I did not take Gods word out of context i posted 13 verses or more from the chapter. That is not taking it out of context, had i used online line as you have done that would be taking it out of context, and you call me the hyprocrite.;) That is also a false judgement on your part, or baring false witness.

What part don't you get you said tattoos offend you. I have tattoos so you are offend by the way i look. oh wait no its just the markings on my body that offend you,right:thumbsup:

Here is a hint I am not angry today. any time i write anything people say I am angry, that is really something because you can not hear my tone or see my expression they are just words on the page. Now Had been name calling or swearing that would have shown anger, however, i did no such thing. So is it possible you are not a mind reader and that you are infact the one angery by what I write so you are projecting that anger on to me when your the one who is angry. Just a thought;)

Upvote 0

Skala

I'm a Saint. Not because of me, but because of Him
Mar 15, 2011
✟27,869.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Did i say that? what I said was I like being able to see what is in people hearts. Seeing a person for who they are. I don't really care about their sin, but I do care about their heart.

What's the difference?

Also, why do you like it?

Upvote 0

LilLamb219

The Lamb is gone
Site Supporter
Jun 2, 2005
Visit site
✟83,596.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
MOD HAT ON

Closing thread for staff review. Please stop the flaming!

UPDATE: Thread will remain permanently closed because of all the problems. Please to insult/goad/harass other members. Sticking to the topic only will prevent that from happening.

MOD HAT OFF

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.