Messianic
Marital Status
Widowed
"Lest I forget Gethsemane
Lest I forget Thine agony
Lest I forget Thy love for me
Lead me to Calvary"
(The chorus to Lead Me To Calvary)

Right after singing this in church today I took some random notes, as the sermon started. I often multitask and listen to a sermon while the Holy Spirit takes me somewhere completely different in my notes. The sermon was on Acts 15, and standing up for the true gospel so as not to let false teachers corrupt the flock.
Here are my notes inspired by the hymn:

"Lead me to Calvary - thine agony - Gethsemane - Knowing, KNOWING what He was to face + having no doubt seen crucifixions during His life. Do we realize the bittersweetness of all this?
The utter agony of the Cross - Jesus not only endured the physical pain of the nails pounded through His hands and feet, scraping and piercing bone - the crown of thorns having been pushed into His head, salty blood in His eyes - and those terrible lashes that had made furrows on His back + opened Him up - ALL this physical agony wasn't all - For He had the weight of all the sin upon him. OUR SIN! So much so that the father for a moment could not look up on it - Eli Eli Lama Sabachthani, My God My God, why hast thou forsaken me?

Crushing, brutal agony - God gave His Son in order to redeem us from our sin - ugly, filthy, wicked iniquity that we all have done - Once we realize this, how can we reject Christ and continue in sin?"

(And earlier Pastor had asked after another hymn if we just sang along, or did we pay attention to the words? I'll have to show him this)