Swine flu, Internment camps, Military involvement, Oh my!

WOFFER

Woffie
Site Supporter
Dec 16, 2003
Ann Arbor MI
✟29,210.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I will "fish-slap" the first person that says this is all in my head or suggests it's a conspiracy theory.

WAKE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IT IS A CONSPIRACY THEORY!

All the conspiracy theorist come out from wherever when Democrats are president.

Upvote 0

WOFFER

Woffie
Site Supporter
Dec 16, 2003
Ann Arbor MI
✟29,210.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Your theory is incorrect as I have been researching since before O was placed into office.

Note to those that don't know. NOT EVERYTHING YOU SEE AND READ ON THE INTERNET IS TRUE OR REAL.

Going to conspiracy theory websites does not count as research!

Upvote 0

Drekkan85

Immortal until proven otherwise
Dec 9, 2008
Japan
✟23,051.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
Politics
CA-Liberals
There are at least two sides to every story. I really could care less that you love peer review. I love people...you love peer review. Fine...dismiss every link I post. Try reading the following FACTS before you do though...and it doesn't take much thinking to draw a logical conclusion...which I think you may be capable of:

Vaccination Debate

CC

It's not a matter of loving peer review vs. loving people. I love people too. The difference is I understand that in order for a piece of evidence to be valid scientifically peer review is a necessary but not sufficient criteria for being valid.

Upvote 0

gracechick

Senior Veteran
Nov 25, 2005
Looking Up:D
✟6,474.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If it's on the Internet, it must be true...
Then again we could switch that around and say if it is print or a journal with impressive names and studies done by people with multiple degrees it must be true. I am sometimes reminded of the line in Charlotte's Web were the spider tells Wilbur the pig "People are gulliable. They will believe anything in print".
The only way to know the truth is to pray and seek the Lord's answer on such matters as nothing is hid from Him. Thank the Lord. Some of what I've found I would find hard to believe except for the fact God kept pressing me to study this or that issue.

Reactions: chingchang
Upvote 0
T

The Lady Kate

It may seem foolish to some to keep crying "wolf" but that does not mean that the "wolf" does not exist. He will appear when he knows that he has an excellent chance of getting away with it. The "wolf" always has a plan B.

The "Wolf" gets away with it because people get tired of the little boy crying "wolf."

As long as you help him with plan A, the "wolf" doesn't need a plan B.

Reactions: Cabal
Upvote 0

Cabal

Jul 22, 2007
London
✟30,012.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Then again we could switch that around and say if it is print or a journal with impressive names and studies done by people with multiple degrees it must be true. I am sometimes reminded of the line in Charlotte's Web were the spider tells Wilbur the pig "People are gulliable. They will believe anything in print".
The only way to know the truth is to pray and seek the Lord's answer on such matters as nothing is hid from Him. Thank the Lord. Some of what I've found I would find hard to believe except for the fact God kept pressing me to study this or that issue.

No, the first and most immediate way of checking out the truth of things is to apply rational logic and reason. And guess what - one side of this debate lacks it in spades.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟576,108.44
Faith
Messianic
While you are still healthy and not showing any symptoms of H1N1 infection, in order to prevent proliferation, aggravation of symptoms and development of secondary infections, here are some very simple steps that will help...

1. Frequent hand-washing (well highlighted in all official communications).

2. "Hands-off-the-face" approach. Resist all temptations to touch any part of face (unless you want to eat or bathe.)

3. *Gargle twice a day with warm salt water (use Listerine or Hydrogen Peroxide if you don't trust salt). *H1N1 takes 2-3 days after initial infection in the throat/ nasal cavity to proliferate and show characteristic symptoms. Simple gargling prevents proliferation. In a way, gargling with salt water has the same effect on a healthy individual that Tamiflu has on an infected one. Don't underestimate this simple, inexpensive and powerful preventative method.

4. Similar to 3 above, *clean your nostrils at least once every day with warm salt water, or hydrogen peroxide. *Not everybody may be good at Jala Neti or Sutra Neti (very good Yoga asanas to clean nasal ca vities), but *blowing the nose softly once a day and swabbing both nostrils with cotton buds dipped in warm salt water is very effective in bringing down viral population.*

5. *Boost your natural immunity with foods that are rich in Vitamin C (Amla and other citrus fruits). *If you have to supplement with Vitamin C tablets, make sure that it also has Zinc to boost absorption.

6. *Drink as much of warm liquids (tea, coffee, etc) as you can. *Drinking warm liquids has the same effect as gargling, but in the reverse direction. They wash off proliferating viruses from the throat into the stomach where they cannot survive, proliferate or do any harm. It is also why alcoholics are rarely down with influenza.

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟576,108.44
Faith
Messianic
The "Wolf" gets away with it because people get tired of the little boy crying "wolf."

As long as you help him with plan A, the "wolf" doesn't need a plan B.
If you do not do something at Plan A, the people will be use to being herded like sheep, and I would not think it safe to be herded by those who are not interested in your well being.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

chingchang

Jul 17, 2008
New Braunfels, Texas
✟10,259.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
It's not a matter of loving peer review vs. loving people. I love people too. The difference is I understand that in order for a piece of evidence to be valid scientifically peer review is a necessary but not sufficient criteria for being valid.

According to what rule? Who made that rule? A piece of evidence is valid scientifically because it is true...not because people say or think it is true. A piece of evidence doesn't go from invalid to valid just because a group of "smart" people says so...

That is my opinion...you have yours.

CC

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟576,108.44
Faith
Messianic
According to what rule? Who made that rule? A piece of evidence is valid scientifically because it is true...not because people say or think it is true. A piece of evidence doesn't go from invalid to valid just because a group of "smart" people says so...

That is my opinion...you have yours.

CC
If you were paid by xyz drug company to show the effectiveness of xyz drug. Do you think your research will be show positive results, because you know where your bread is buttered. Playing with statistics until they show favorable results is not unheard of in the research field. Thinking that xyz drug company is going to pay you for any other results, means you have not shook hands with the contractor.

Upvote 0

chingchang

Jul 17, 2008
New Braunfels, Texas
✟10,259.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
No, the first and most immediate way of checking out the truth of things is to apply rational logic and reason.

Not all of us have the same "rational logic and reason" program installed. You say "tomato"...I say "yuk!". Seriously though...you should learn about the field of Eugenics:

Eugenics - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This is not something you can sell a populus on...you can only mandate it. But if you don't have the power to mandate (like China)...then you have to got about it more covertly. This is being done. I don't like it. You're in denial. But eventually as the evidence accumulates...your "rational logical and reason" program will validate the evidence and you'll come to the same conclusion that I have...as long as your pride program doesn't override it.

And guess what - one side of this debate lacks it in spades.

How convenient that side is never yours. It has been my experience that the true intellectuals are not elitists...

Hugs,
CC

Upvote 0

chingchang

Jul 17, 2008
New Braunfels, Texas
✟10,259.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
If you were paid by xyz drug company to show the effectiveness of xyz drug. Do you think your research will be show positive results, because you know where your bread is buttered. Playing with statistics until they show favorable results is not unheard of in the research field. Thinking that xyz drug company is going to pay you for any other results, means you have not shook hands with the contractor.

You mean we live in a corrupt world? :p

I think the point here is that there is an intuitive side to finding truth that goes beyond the simple "logic and reason" processing.

CC

Upvote 0

Dark_Lite

Chewbacha
Feb 14, 2002
✟45,495.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Then again we could switch that around and say if it is print or a journal with impressive names and studies done by people with multiple degrees it must be true.

Not necessarily, but it is immediately a lot more credible than what some armchair doomsday prophet comes up with on a website in some little corner of the Internet that looks like it's from 1995.

It is good to have a healthy dose of scientific skepticism. That's why studies are repeated (and experiments in general) over and over. The more repeatable they are, the more evidence there is.

Also, I echo Cabal's point about logic and reason.

Upvote 0