• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Support thread for ED/SI/etc ... come on in! *poss. trig* (3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

LovesEnduringPromise

I am so sad. I hate saying that, as I dont want people to pity me. But this is the only place I can vent and have people understand, its the only place I feel understood about my eating disorder...even though I havent posted much on here...I read what you guys write and it makes so much sense to me and its exactly how I feel. So right now, Im miserable. I just want to sleep all day....yes I feel fat but its more than that...its just a feeling of wanting to hide from everything

Upvote 0

Arianna

Senior Veteran
Nov 7, 2005
England
✟11,311.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
~Well done Bec -- I hope you have time for a rest now!

Lovesenduringpromise- It must be really difficult that he doesn't understand. I wonder if anyone here could recommend any resources (books, websites etc) that you could suggest to him to give him more of an insight into what this is really about. You definitely deserve his support..but mb he needs some more information to be in a position to support you.
:hug: and i'm glad you feel understood here.

Tn - how are you? and how is your giraffe?

Arianna - :hug: You should eat today lovely:hug:

[URL=http://www.millan.net] [/URL]

..i'm really struggling at the moment :-( can't see anyway out of this.

Upvote 0

Soulwings

A true original.
Apr 7, 2003
Northeastern USA.
✟25,389.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Loves, a really good ED website is http://www.something-fishy.org. :) In case you might want someone in your family or whatever to take a look at that and learn about EDs. It's very interesting. And there is always http://www.nationaleatingdisorders.org as well. That's the NEDA site, and you can even order tshirts from there :p (which I did, for NEDAW this past February). And I know the feeling of being fat, and of wanting to hide away... that was totally me yesterday. :) Hang in there.

Bec, :clap: YEY!!! I bet you're feeling madly relieved! :hug:

Ari, *snuggles* There is a way out, I promise. We'll survive this, and we WILL make it out. It won't always be this hard and rubbishy. I promise. :hug:

GG, please eat. You're not fat, and while I know the feeling well, it's not an excuse to not eat. You'll mess up your metabolism even more if you don't. *hugs*

Tn, how're you?? and how's everyone else?

Upvote 0
L

LovesEnduringPromise

Loves, a really good ED website is http://www.something-fishy.org. :) In case you might want someone in your family or whatever to take a look at that and learn about EDs. It's very interesting. And there is always http://www.nationaleatingdisorders.org as well. That's the NEDA site, and you can even order tshirts from there :p (which I did, for NEDAW this past February). And I know the feeling of being fat, and of wanting to hide away... that was totally me yesterday. :) Hang in there.

Bec, :clap: YEY!!! I bet you're feeling madly relieved! :hug:

Ari, *snuggles* There is a way out, I promise. We'll survive this, and we WILL make it out. It won't always be this hard and rubbishy. I promise. :hug:

GG, please eat. You're not fat, and while I know the feeling well, it's not an excuse to not eat. You'll mess up your metabolism even more if you don't. *hugs*

Tn, how're you?? and how's everyone else?
Thanks Soulwings. I appreciate you giving me those sites....Im gonna show them to my husband....I hope it can help him understand eating disorders so when I talk to him about it he wont look at me like its not a big deal to just stop.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Status
Not open for further replies.