Support for the claims that the Pope(s) are more interested in size and power(influence) than faith

DrBubbaLove

Roman Catholic convert from Southern Baptist
Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2004
Left coast
✟77,600.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
A poster has made this claim elsewhere regarding the current Pope and prior Pope.
Jack Chick's View on Catholicism
"Unfortunately, the current pope, like the previous one, is more interested in building the size and influence of the institutional church than in promoting the faith."

What current source can anyone give or appeal to that supports the above unqualified offer of opinion is in fact true?

DrBubbaLove

Roman Catholic convert from Southern Baptist
Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2004
Left coast
✟77,600.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
it troubles me that jack chick has this much influence...
Actually that was the title of the thread and while Jack Chic even after death continues apparently to appeal to some Christians views of the RCC and Pope(s).
I actually started this thread because a poster in that linked thread made the statement quoted not Jack Chic and I asked him to come here and support that comment. Since it is pretty much either baseless or is based of faulty news reporting - I did not expect a response. So not surprised.

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

God is perfect - Nothing is an accident
Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟572,954.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
A poster has made this claim elsewhere regarding the current Pope and prior Pope.
Jack Chick's View on Catholicism
"Unfortunately, the current pope, like the previous one, is more interested in building the size and influence of the institutional church than in promoting the faith."

What current source can anyone give or appeal to that supports the above unqualified offer of opinion is in fact true?

I actually think the opposite -that the pope seeks to reduce the size of the Church. He wants us to have less Children, and to host more non-Christian immigrants into the historically Christian West, knowing that they reproduce more efficiently.

...Though, he's never spoken ex-cathedra. So it's just words.

Upvote 0

kepha31

Jun 15, 2007
✟44,439.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
I notice for the first ever how many catholics seem to be against the new pope. Even on this forum. I was surprised because if I understand right catholics aren't really suppose to speak unkindly about the pope.
I read 3 different Catholic news sources almost daily and I don't get that impression. There have always been dissidents, but we have a right to raise questions, we don't have the right to rebel.

quote-i-believe-in-god-not-in-a-catholic-god-there-is-no-catholic-god-there-is-god-and-i-believe-in-pope-francis-388028.jpg

Upvote 0

kepha31

Jun 15, 2007
✟44,439.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
I actually think the opposite -that the pope seeks to reduce the size of the Church. He wants us to have less Children, and to host more non-Christian immigrants into the historically Christian West, knowing that they reproduce more efficiently.

...Though, he's never spoken ex-cathedra. So it's just words.
No, it's not just words, it's completely false and it's hate speech.

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟572,954.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Some Catholics obviously think it's their 'duty' to defend the pope. It's not.. And the pope does not defend Catholics -I learned it precisely from him.

@kepha31, name one time the pope has defended a Catholic over a non-Catholic just because they were Catholic.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟572,954.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I notice for the first ever how many catholics seem to be against the new pope. Even on this forum. I was surprised because if I understand right catholics aren't really suppose to speak unkindly about the pope.

I won't speak badly about him, and I don't dislike him, but I will not defend him. Because he does not defend Catholics -a lesson learned.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,365.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
It's just the internet buzz. Most people in the real world are not getting a negative opinion from what the Pope is doing, quite the opposite.

Some people are not high level thinkers that can appreciate what Francis is doing. They assume that if you raise any questions, you are being unfaithful, and that's just a kind of fundamentalism that is the opposite of being faithful in spirit.

Upvote 0