Support for Republican Martha McSally plummets in Arizona in wake of Trump's impeachment trial

Cimorene

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Good!!!!!!!!! My brother has long looked up to Space Shuttle commander Mark Kelly who is running to take her seat. He is smart and he has INTEGRITY. I love that he & his wife Gabby Giffords have taken meaningful action to advocate for reasonable gun control. We need role models now more than ever.

McSally lost her last election, but she got a participation prize from the GOP governor filling John McCain's seat

Sen. Martha McSally (R-AZ) lost when she ran in 2018, but was given a participation prize by the Republican governor who had to appoint someone to cover Sen. John McCain's (R-AZ) seat until it came up for re-election in 2020. Recent polling shows that McSally is in serious trouble.

Highground Public Affairs Consultants published their latest poll showing McSally has fallen significantly after the impeachment trial of President Donald Trump.

Do not post in this section if you're not allowed to post in this section. This is for young ppl. I see Mark Kelly as a needed role model for young ppl & am thrilled he's doing great in his race.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Hank77

Cimorene

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Donald Trump was found guilty & impeached by the House, which had an actual trial with witnesses who testified under oath instead of just cowardly tweeting. He has made history for being permanently impeached. He also made history by being the only president to ever have a member of his own party vote for his guilt. The fact that the last Republican presidential candidate honoured his oath to defend the Constitution & be honest before God & vote for Trump's guilt is of staggering importance.

Before the Senate trial even began the intent for it to be a complete sham was made clear, boasted about even, that it was rigged in Trump's favour. While this delighted Trump & his base it disgusted so many other fair-minded, rational people. It would be like the jury proudly announcing before a trial they were totally partial & had no intention whatsoever of actually honouring their duty & doing their job.

The majority of the American people wanted witnesses, they wanted an actual trial. Republicans totally delegitimized any hope whatsoever to honestly ever say that Trump was genuinely acquitted by choosing to conduct the trial in that rigged manner. Plus it didn't help that they literally picked the lawyer that got some of the most infamous criminals in modern history off the hook!

I'm glad Arizonian voters do not want to award McSally for her complicity in the sham.

Upvote 0

Cimorene

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
There's nothing more lulz than someone writing "your clueless" in protest to established facts.

It's you're. Not your. Donald Trump doesn't know the difference between the two basic words either, but there is a difference. He is infamous for projection. For accusing others of precisely what he has actually done & they have not. Same is true with this post:

The fact is you really don't have a clue about what you are talking about, your just parroting what you have heard, I'll bet, you didn't watch or listen to the Senate Trial, only what CNN and the like, commented on at the end of each day.

This demonstrates a cluelessness of the facts, to instead parrot what Trump tweets. Anybody who agrees with the posts demonstrates the same.

Everything I wrote is, in fact, a fact. Donald Trump has been impeached. That is permanent. Anyone who actually watched or listened to the Senate Trial would know about the attorneys representing Trump & their reputations, their histories. Anybody who actually watched or listened to it would know that no witnesses were permitted to testify under oath, none of the new evidence - and there was a lot of it - was permitted. Sure Trump & his proxies Tweeted nonstop but had he actually been innocent he should have testified under oath where that matters. Anybody who knows the facts knows that McConnell announced on camera in advance that he had zero intention of being a partial juror. He was proud to announce the trial would be rigged. A sham.

Anybody who knows the facts know the facts that Donald Trump is the first in the history of the United States to have a member of his own party vote for him to be impeached. That person was the last Republican presidential candidate.

It's a fact that Kelly is leading McSally in the Arizona race.

Also a fact that this is the teen section but the person wanting to call me clueless didn't clue into that.

• Winner
Reactions: SarahsKnight
Upvote 0

Cimorene

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
"NOT GUILTY": Senate Acquitted President Trump of both Impeachment Charges"

Impeachment only lasted for a Month, but Acquittal will last FOREVER!

In any other setting I'd think this was a Poe, a parody, designed to mock the Trump base. It shows such a lack of comprehension of the absolute basics of American government.

The House and the Senate are separate branches.

Trump has been permanently impeached in the House. That is FOREVER. I'll bold and italicize for emphasis.

That was cemented before the Articles of Impeachment were sent to the Senate. The outcome was known by all, bc McConnell boasted on camera that it would be rigged. He was proud that he would hold a sham trial. Stop and think things through for a second. If you had an actual trial & the jury announced in advance they zero intention to listen to evidence or deliberate fairly, to deliberate at all, that they would vote to acquit regardless, do you actually intelligent members of the public would view that person as having been honestly acquitted? The Senate Republicans Republicans delegitimatized the trial from the start. That is why Arizonians have had enough & they want to boot out their complicit Senator.

Hmmm, I guess your right there, I actually didn't look for it.

*You're.

I saw a post that was full of falsehoods and had to respond.

Again, total projection. The only falsehoods in my posts are from when I've quoted your posts.

I won't post again.

Adios.

Upvote 0

Cimorene

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
OK. So if any Zoomer shows up let's talk about Mark Kelly & McSally. I'm really encouraged & inspired by him & his wife. I am feeling hopeful now that he may win the seat. I'm happy that the whitewashed Senate impeachment trial, which McSally was complicit in, has given fuel to Kelly's race. I've looked up to him forever now.

Upvote 0

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
How can the USA claim to have a justice system, When the leader of a country faces credible evidence of corruption and isn't tried within the justice system. Where the process decides along party lines, whether evidence is heard, if testimony is allowed, AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, the guilt or not is voted according to party lines.

What sort fo corrupt ridiculous justice system is that.

Upvote 0

Cimorene

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
How can the USA claim to have a justice system, When the leader of a country faces credible evidence of corruption and isn't tried within the justice system. Where the process decides along party lines, whether evidence is heard, if testimony is allowed, AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, the guilt or not is voted according to party lines.

What sort fo corrupt ridiculous justice system is that.

The US is meant to have a system of checks & balances to prevent tyranny & corruption. But the Founders had more faith in the integrity of ppl to honour that than the modern-day Republicans. All they are focused on is winning the next election, not in honouring their oath of office or doing what is right.

We are doing what we can to fight for the US & to restore decency. I'm voting this yr. NOT for Trump. I wish so much that I could vote for Kelly but I can't bc only residents of Arizona can vote in that election. I respect him so much. My brother loves him & his twin. It would be nice to have someone to look up to as a good example.

Upvote 0