Republican Pastor Mark Harris, who was at center of 2018 election scandal, is running for Congress again in North Carolina

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,378.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Charlotte-area pastor Mark Harris, who was at the center of an absentee mail ballot scandal five years ago that resulted in a rare election do-over, said Tuesday he’s going to run for Congress next year in the 8th Congressional District.

Harris, a Republican, ran for Congress in 2018. But his apparent victory over Democrat Dan McCready was overturned because of election fraud.

The mastermind of the scheme to illegally collect completed and uncompleted mail ballots was political operative McCrae Dowless. Witnesses told state election officials that Dowless gathered hundreds of absentee ballots from Bladen County voters with the help of his assistants. Dowless’ workers testified at a state board hearing that they were directed to collect blank or incomplete ballots, forge signatures on them and even fill in votes for local candidates.

[Dowless later pleaded guilty to government theft and defrauding the government over Social Security fraud, but he apparently died before the election tampering trial could be held.]

Harris himself was never charged, but he ""appeared to mislead" the board with some of his testimony. Harris later acknowledged that some of his testimony had been inaccurate, blaming his health problems as an explanation for his erroneous testimony."

[When a mulligan was declared, Harris cited ill health as his reason for not participating in the do-over.]

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,378.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Quoting from the earlier thread [second link]

Lawson asked Harris if he had told anyone this week that he didn’t expect his emails with his son to become public.

“I don’t recall specifically saying that,” Harris testified.

Lawson asked twice more.

The answer was the same.

That’s when Harris’s lawyer, David Freedman, stood up abruptly and stopped the proceedings. Freedman was required under legal ethics rules to inform the board that Harris might be lying.

It's better than an episode of Perry Mason.

Upvote 0

The IbanezerScrooge

I can't believe what I'm hearing...
Sep 1, 2015
Florida
✟244,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
There is the important point - never charged -

Personally glad to hear he is running.
Pfft, like that matters. The front-runner of the Republican party is currently charged with over 100 counts of various crimes in like 4 indictments. None of his supporters care. So, no, that's not an important point at all.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,993.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Pfft, like that matters. The front-runner of the Republican party is currently charged with over 100 counts of various crimes in like 4 indictments. None of his supporters care. So, no, that's not an important point at all.
Pfft... and the front runner of the Democratic party is in the beginning stages of an impeachment inquiry for mass corruption.

Neither one has anything to do with the topic of the thread.

I hope the Pastor wins.

Upvote 0

The IbanezerScrooge

I can't believe what I'm hearing...
Sep 1, 2015
Florida
✟244,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Pfft... and the front runner of the Democratic party is in the beginning stages of an impeachment inquiry for mass corruption.
For which there is no evidence and is not a criminal proceeding.

Neither one has anything to do with the topic of the thread.
Yes, yes. I know. Don't point out the hypocricy and distract from what's important, right?
I hope the Pastor wins.
I hope the Pastor loses. Cool?

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,993.00
Country
United States
Faith