Visit site
✟15,183.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Hey! For those of you who don't know, I make music! It is what I call 'modern progressive Christian rock'. Everything I have is instrumental so far, with the intention of adding vocals in the future. Everything is recorded and mixed and whatever, by me. In the corner of my little living room. My band is called Arafax, but so far I am the only one making the tunes. We are gonna get together as a band soon though (I hope!), things are brewing!!!

This is the first song I have made that uses Reason 3, FL Studio 6, and Guitar Rig 2. I didn't even use my guitar effects processor (Digitech GNX3) to record! Well, it died on me, so I had no choice. I am still learning the programs and stuff.

Now to the song. 'Summer of Dreams (Don't Fade Away)'
The song is about many things.
It is based on what summer conjures in me (depression, hope, longing, thoughts about friends, love, my future, my music, God, etc), but ultimately it is about what God has planned for me in this new beginning. The song is not ultimately about summer. It is about new beginnings in general. 'Summer of Dreams' is about what we have hope in/for, in this new beginning. 'Don't Fade Away' is the part that everyone struggles with. (oh lyrics would be so much better at conveying all this. I will actually try to finish them! I said that for 'Into the Tide' too.)

Everyone struggles with the doubt that what they have started, what they have accomplished, their hopes and dreams, will fade away. Just as the summer will fade to winter. It can, and it eventually will, unless we build hope in Christ. It changes everything.

That is the main point, our hopes and dreams, our new beginnings are useless if not for the glory of God. Cuz it will fade away.

The song is also about hopes and dreams of new relationships. New opportunities, and adventure. Summer is the time it feels like it all can happen. But have hope in Christ first, is the most important.

So yeah, check it out here: http://soundclick.com/arafax

I hope you like it, let me know what you think!

jayadeva444

Jun 3, 2004
Gulf Coast area
✟570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm typing as I listen:

Intro - Like it a lot, the stereo effect is cool, not quite overdone, but close. Good theme with the strings, could be w/guitar, if you keep the strings, maybe try a better patch, it's not bad, but still not believable.

It's good up until 2:00. I'm not fond of those heavily compressed cymbals, it's too much of a pounding sound, and the stereo effects aren't helping.

All in all, you've done a good job. The guits sound pretty good, not bad at all for learning new software. The themes are good, all they need is more fleshing out. It does need vox, do you have someone lined up to sing?

Upvote 0

Arafax

Mar 28, 2005
Manitoba, Canada
Visit site
✟15,183.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Hey, thanks for the comments! Much appreciated. I really enjoy the tips, anything to help me out is welcome! I am indeed still learning and I have LOTS to learn! Especially with this new software.

I don't have anybody lined up for vocals yet. I might do them, I am not sure. Time will tell. I am not that great. But I have been practicing. But not enough! Yeah, that is kind of a bind. But I trust God will make it all work out.

I just feel I have to keep making tunes. More and more and more. Gain a good bunch of tunes to work with when my band gets together.

Again, thanks for listening to the tune and SUPER thanks for the tips!! I seriously appreciate it!

Upvote 0