• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Suicide letter II--My response

brenda_pulido

Mar 20, 2002
Monterrey Mexico
✟381.00
Faith
Christian
I read this and yes, Im one of those hatred suicidal people christians dont want to see.

My grandfather makes muy life so difficult to live. I have even considering giving my life to Satan if that is what I have to do to end this horrible emotional pain. No one seems interested in a suicidal person. Christians dont even care and there are so many weird culta outside my house waiting for me.

I left christianity and sometimes have fun reading this. I no longer believe in God as He couldnt handle my pain. The gods of wood seem to have more power. Even Satan is having more power over my life than God Himself. Why? Because two reasons: a) God is not interested in me and it´s a matter of Will b) He has no power.

I chose b).

brenda_pulido

Mar 20, 2002
Monterrey Mexico
✟381.00
Faith
Christian
I rest any time I think of suicide. I do rest. I need to rest. Im moving out next year. (If I dont do "it"). I dont care If I have to go on prostitution to pay for my own apt. (In Mexico is expensive to rent an apt and salaries are not high to live like in the States).

Holy death, I´m on your side.

Upvote 0

Debbi

Sep 23, 2003
Alabama
Visit site
✟1,863.00
Faith
Protestant
What is b? Is your grandfather abusing you? We aren't really suppose to double post but I know your point, though. On the 2nd choice on my post, it was something about christians aren't suppose to get depressed, did you mean that one? or someone elses' choices? I mostly having trouble now spiritually because I have trouble feeling what I think good christians are suppose to be feeling especially since it is the holiday season.

Upvote 0
I

Iddie4him

Brenda,
You do have a reson to live and God does have power. I am going thru a very trying time myself and haven't pulled the trigger yet. I have had 1 back surgery in sept, facing another in mid jan, haven't worked for a whole year, almost lost my truck, and a whole list of other things. It ain't that bad that you gotta go and kill yourself. Or give your life to Satan, He's just sugar coating things to get you to go to his side. He's a trickster and a fraud. Give your self some time to get things straightened out and look at it from a new perspective.

Upvote 0

urbanfaerie

Veteran
Apr 17, 2003
gargamel's castle
Visit site
✟1,392.00
Faith
Non-Denom
prostitution...i;ve thought of that. but i know some girls who are in it... you think your life williprove when u let some sleazy guy do whatever h wants to ur body?

if you arent suicidal now...you sure will be later on in life when u give urself away..

God is the only way, hun. he doesn't work miracles on command. give it time.
not all christians snb their nose at ppl who are suicidal.. actually i;ve seen just the opposite.

praying for u to come to ur senses.

Upvote 0

doulos

Dec 12, 2003
Catalonia, Spain
Visit site
✟506.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
brenda_pulido said:
checks the reasons a) and b)

b) meaning "God has no power"
Well, God does have power. In Creation. In preservation. In Redemption. In the Resurrection of the Lord Jesus, which is the guarantee of the resurrection of us who belong to Him. And all creatures have their being from Him.

But we must be willing to receive His consolation and strengthening. If we become bitter against Him, we close ourselves to His guidance and consolation.

Life can have and has many many burdens. Yet, if you want only to taste it, "O taste and see that the LORD is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him" (Psalm 34:8). Or, "Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest" (Matth. 11:28).

Satan is a real failure, he has been trying to frustrate God's purposes ever since the dawn of time, and he has only shown his folly. With Job, he slandered him before God, and God put Job to the test. Satan was dumbfounded (Job showed he loved God for His own sake, not for the blessings he received from Him, and Job was doubly blessed after having gone through the test.)

Best regards,

doulos

Upvote 0

brenda_pulido

Mar 20, 2002
Monterrey Mexico
✟381.00
Faith
Christian
Doesnt matter. It has been decided. you have been great fellas. I will NEVER understand why God couldnt handle my life since He is The Creator of it.

I see people around me in bitterness and hatred. My grandfather makes life horrible.

But thank the other god i will no longer suffer this. My pain will finally stop.

God: I used to believe you. Just one thing: I will always thank you for the stars.

Are u disappointed? I am of You too.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

doulos

Dec 12, 2003
Catalonia, Spain
Visit site
✟506.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
brenda_pulido said:
Satan IS real. Period.
Of course Satan IS real. That is why we fear for you here and are seeking to direct you to the only one who is Life and Light. And I am afraid that you are letting yourself we led by bitterness. Please, don't give yourself to bitterness. Especially not against God. He is Light, and He is love. And He is REAL in a very different sense. He is the source of being, the source of life, and He is waiting for you to trust in Him.

Upvote 0

brenda_pulido

Mar 20, 2002
Monterrey Mexico
✟381.00
Faith
Christian
Hey doulos:

Dont worry bout me. Worry about the ones who will live and are alive.
Why are you writing to someone who is by now dead?
U think because I am breathing is a synonym of being alive?
U fool.

There are so many dead people running around, you dont even realize.

Who told you I am still alive?

Upvote 0

doulos

Dec 12, 2003
Catalonia, Spain
Visit site
✟506.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Of course I worry about you. And I am no fool. I know that so many people are dead, dead in trespasses and sins, as I was in a time past. But these people, and you, are still alive in this world, in the day of God's grace. God is still calling.

Don't you think that Satan will do anything good for you. What has he ever done FOR anybody. He is a murderer and a liar. All the misery of this world can be traced back to his schemes. He is the deceiver of the whole world.

The Lord Jesus gave Himself to death for us. He lives for ever to take care for us. He is willing and He is able. All authority and power has been given to Him in Resurrection, in Heaven and on Earth. The question is, will you trust the Crucified and Risen Saviour, or will you follow the defeated creature called the Devil?

The Lord is still waiting, still loving, ....

doulos

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

doulos

Dec 12, 2003
Catalonia, Spain
Visit site
✟506.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Lord Jesus said,

"Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest." (Matthew 11:28).

Notice, the invitation: "Come". Who? "all ye that labour and are heavy laden". Do you have a heavy burden? This invitation is for you. The Lord Jesus died for you to take care of your guilt, and is willing to take you and to comfort you. But you MUST COME to Him. What will happen: "He will give you rest". He will give you His peace. Not as the world gives. It will be His peace in the midst of trials and afflictions, til He come.

Again, remember, we should not be surprised to find afflictions and burdens. "In the world ye shall have affliction, but be of good cheer: I have overcome the world". He has told us the truth as to Himself, the truth as to our circumstances, and we can trust Him that His strength is made perfect in weakness.

But you must go back in repentance to God and faith in the Lord Jesus as your Saviour and Lord, believe in Him and rest in Him, and feed on Him by His Word, and let Him guide you by His Spirit applying the truth of His word in your life.

Don't hurt yourself. You are not yours. You have been bought with a price. You must acknowledge Him that has purchased you at the cost of His life, His shed blood, and turn to Him. He loves you. He is waiting still for you to surrender to Him.

doulos

Upvote 0