Richmond
✟33,586.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
A Conclusion rendered not by a team of viral researchers but by 4 guys from the Economic Research Department at Stanford?
Their claims are not even a count of supposed actual deaths but their so called study was based upon, as they put it, "our estimate of the average treatment effect across the eighteen events" and these economists can only suggest that "the rallies (likely) led to more than 700 deaths (not necessarily among attendees)."?
This is suppose to be scientific research? I call this an attempted hit job on the flimsiest of, at best slanted, evidence in an article by one of the greatest haters of President Trump and anything considered his followers...politico, as if we should take anything they say seriously!

Upvote 0

section9+1

Mar 12, 2017
US
✟81,403.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I believe there's a virus out there and people get sick and some die from it. I don't believe any numbers. This has become politicized so much that everything connected to it is a pack of lies IMO. And those who toss the numbers around are nothing more than political liars.

Upvote 0

Yekcidmij

Presbyterian, Polymath
Feb 18, 2002
East Coast
✟232,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Those Trump supporters are adults, they know the risks, they also know their rights. They do not need the liberal elites to treat them like children and make decisions for them, they can decide what size soft drink they want.
So we shouldn't have laws requiring adults to wear seatbelts?

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟897,337.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
...which probably explains why the Biden campaign isn't seen as super spreader sites during the pandemic. As opposed to the candidate who apparently sees his rallies as being more important than his supporters lives are.
tulc(just thought that should be pointed out)
his supporters go to the rallies though. In other words he can have them all day long, but if the supporter do not come they are not that large. If the supporters are willingly coming understanding the risk then they are accepting that risk.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟897,337.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Those Trump supporters are adults, they know the risks, they also know their rights. They do not need the liberal elites to treat them like children and make decisions for them, they can decide what size soft drink they want.
If I could winner that a million times I would.

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Comparing seatbelt laws to masks is ridiculous. Would you wear a 50 cent seatbelt to protect yourself in a car?
If a $.50 seatbelt would provide the the same protection as a $.50 mask then sure. However, a $.50 mask can not only save your life but can can save the lives of others. People who don’t wear masks, unless they have a bonfire medical condition, are rude and apparently don’t care about anyone other than themselves.

Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Let Your Light Shine.. Matt 5:16
Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟903,022.00
Faith
Christian
If a $.50 seatbelt would provide the the same protection as a $.50 mask then sure. However, a $.50 mask can not only save your life but can can save the lives of others. People who don’t wear masks, unless they have a bonfire medical condition, are rude and apparently don’t care about anyone other than themselves.
50 cent masks don't stop the virus it only slows it some else they would certainly opt for such cheap masks for those in Covid wards in Hospitals would they not?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟215,088.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I saw that too and almost posted it but got distracted. Is anyone surprised that gatherings of large groups of people for extended periods of time increases risk of covid?
I have no doubt that Democrat mayors letting people loot and burn without proper masks (note masks were used to hid identities) not only caused millions of dollars of property damage but cost lives and spread COVID-19. What about the poor homeless man who died in Minneapolis because the mayor let leftists burn the city? The mayor collects a nice salary and has armed guards.

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
50 cent masks don't stop the virus it only slows it some else they would certainly opt for such cheap masks for those in Covid wards in Hospitals would they not?
When I go to our hospital to see my doctor I would get a relatively inexpensive mask if I would want it. I prefer to wear my own mask because it has a cat on it.

• Informative
Reactions: dqhall
Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Let Your Light Shine.. Matt 5:16
Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟903,022.00
Faith
Christian
When I go to our hospital to see my doctor I would get a relatively inexpensive mask if I would want it. I prefer to wear my own mask because it has a cat on it.
Well good luck with that as even if you wear a decent quality mask everyone else is wearing 50 cent masks out there spreading Covid around town. I heard somewhere that 70% of the people who caught covid were wearing masks, if that is true doesn't bode well for mask use IMO.

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well good luck with that as even if you wear a decent quality mask everyone else is wearing 50 cent masks out there spreading Covid around town. I heard somewhere that 70% of the people who caught covid were wearing masks, if that is true doesn't bode well for mask use IMO.
...got any links to support that claim?
tulc(is a big fan of links)

Upvote 0

Yekcidmij

Presbyterian, Polymath
Feb 18, 2002
East Coast
✟232,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I have no doubt that Democrat mayors letting people loot and burn without proper masks (note masks were used to hid identities) not only caused millions of dollars of property damage but cost lives and spread COVID-19. What about the poor homeless man who died in Minneapolis because the mayor let leftists burn the city?

I appreciate the sentiment here - if I were mayor, I wouldn't let people riot either nor would I think protests and riots in any way were immune to covid. So, whataboutism aside, do you disagree with the assessment?

Upvote 0