Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If you wanna do it right you should program it in HTML. It's a little hard at first and it's time consumming. But once you get HTML you can do so much stuff.

A good site to learn HTML basics.
www.htmlgoodies.com

Upvote 0

Rising_Suns

'Christ's desolate heart is in need of comfort'
Jul 14, 2002
Saint Louis, MO
✟24,335.00
Faith
Catholic
Andreas said:
I'm not talking about one with a forum. But I was just wondering how hard is it to make? I figure I may have time in a few months to try to make a decent looking Orthodox one.:)
hey andreas :)

I guess it depends on what the purpose of the site will be. Would it be for solid information, or more for fellowship type purposes? I only ask because it is easy to make a site, and make it look decent, but it is in conveying your message that is going to require time.

Let me know when it's up. i'd like to see it. :)

Upvote 0

Orthodox Andrew

Orthodox Church- Telling The Truth Since 33 A.D.
Aug 24, 2003
Visit site
✟19,548.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Thanks for all the feedback, guys.:)

Rising_Suns said:
hey andreas :)

I guess it depends on what the purpose of the site will be. Would it be for solid information, or more for fellowship type purposes? I only ask because it is easy to make a site, and make it look decent, but it is in conveying your message that is going to require time.

Let me know when it's up. i'd like to see it. :)
Hey:wave:

I'm looking to make more of an info site. Have some basics about Orthodoxy. Include some articles about a few Saints. And maybe try to help people find some Churches near them, and stuff like that.

I wll let you know when it's up for sure.:)

Upvote 0

Rising_Suns

Jul 14, 2002
Saint Louis, MO
✟24,335.00
Faith
Catholic
excellent. Have you decided what writings to talk about? I would definately recommend posting info about the monastic life, as it seems there is always a handfull of people who feel the desire to pursue such a life for God, yet there is not much readily available information to those who don't know what to search for.

EDIT: woah! i just noticed you became a moderator. i've been away for FAR too long. congrats andreas! you make a wonderful mod, brother. :)

Upvote 0

Orthodox Andrew

Aug 24, 2003
Visit site
✟19,548.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Rising_Suns said:
excellent. Have you decided what writings to talk about? I would definately recommend posting info about the monastic life, as it seems there is always a handfull of people who feel the desire to pursue such a life for God, yet there is not much readily available information to those who don't know what to search for.

EDIT: woah! i just noticed you became a moderator. i've been away for FAR too long. congrats andreas! you make a wonderful mod, brother. :)
Oh I would write about the monastic life for sure. It's such an essential part of Christ's Church. I just hope to include sections about different Saints, and that will provide some of the info about the monastic life, seeing how so many were Monks on earth. Now I just have to figure out which Saints I will choose to give mention to. It is not going to be easy to narrow it down to just a few.:D

Thanks!^_^ It's just too bad you're not still a mod. If you start having time again you should really consider coming back.:)

Upvote 0

Rising_Suns

Jul 14, 2002
Saint Louis, MO
✟24,335.00
Faith
Catholic
Thanks!^_^ It's just too bad you're not still a mod. If you start having time again you should really consider coming back.

Hmmmm, I may have more time once this semester is completed. Although, they probably don't need much more help, since they already got a great lineup of mods including you, suzannah, and woody (BAChristian), and a bunch of others who recently joined up. I am glad to see you are all putting your precious time into the boards. what a nice blessing you all are. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Orthodox Andrew

Aug 24, 2003
Visit site
✟19,548.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Rising_Suns said:
Hmmmm, I may have more time once this semester is completed. Although, they probably don't need much more help, since they already got a great lineup of mods including you, suzannah, and woody (BAChristian), and a bunch of others who recently joined up. I am glad to see you are all putting your precious time into the boards. what a nice blessing you all are. :)
Thanks so much. You're quite the blessing yourself. God bless you brother.:)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.