USA
✟151,182.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Posting this in the Visual Arts forum because I stream art.

I've been trying to stream art regularly for a little while, but I don't think I'm doing a very good job. I read that you should engage with your viewers while streaming art. But what if no one is watching, or a few people are watching but not chatting? Should I be talking throughout the stream?

My problem is that I'm very shy. Sometimes I feel too shy to speak, or I don't know what to say. Plus I don't want to bother my family members by "talking to my computer". :sorry:

To make up for not saying anything, I started playing music during my streams. But because of Twitch's copyright restrictions, I only feel comfortable playing music I made or remixed. That means I have to play the same music almost every time, and I wonder if people get tired of it. That is why I was thinking about trying to talk to my viewers again. It would be a lot more fun that way, probably.

Chris V++

Associate Member
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2018
Dela Where?
Visit site
✟677,102.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I sometimes watch YouTube channels where the content makers add text over the video instead of speaking. This might be a compromise if you don’t like speaking. Or you can do a voiceover after the fact. Not sure what platform you use to stream so the suggestions may not help. I can’t talk and paint at the same time. Maybe the brain isn’t that flexible.

• Friendly
Reactions: Multifavs
Upvote 0

Multifavs

Daughter of God
Site Supporter
May 28, 2017
USA
✟151,182.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
I sometimes watch YouTube channels where the content makers add text over the video instead of speaking. This might be a compromise if you don’t like speaking. Or you can do a voiceover after the fact. Not sure what platform you use to stream so the suggestions may not help. I can’t talk and paint at the same time. Maybe the brain isn’t that flexible.
Thanks for your response. I forgot to mention I'm using Twitch. I don't think text over the video or a voiceover would be possible, but I do consider talking in the chat room instead sometimes.

Upvote 0

Chris V++

Associate Member
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2018
Dela Where?
Visit site
✟677,102.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Thanks for your response. I forgot to mention I'm using Twitch. I don't think text over the video or a voiceover would be possible, but I do consider talking in the chat room instead sometimes.
Sorry i don’t know anything about twitch. YouTube provides editing tools so I can do all sorts of fax. A lot of contemporary big shot painters have channels. Plus YouTube pays you if your content generates traffic. Some can even make a living doing it apparently

Reactions: Multifavs
Upvote 0