die2live

Veteran
Jan 6, 2005
✟10,798.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Stargate SG-1 is my all time favorite show, sci-fi or otherwise. THe movie was good, but the show just blows it out of the water. I'm not really too much of a sci-fi fan. I do watch Star Trek, but that's more because of tradition than desire. Star Wars is awesome, but not because it's sci-fi but because it's an epic. Stargate kind of is as well. I love it. Anybody else watch it?

Reactions: GaelSong

ravenscape

Free Crazy Liz
Dec 19, 2004
Norton's Empire
✟58,184.00
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
I watch it and love it too. Star Trek is my first love though. But SG-1 is interesting because it's set in the here-and-now and it's encouraging to think that 20th-21st century human beings aren't so shabby on an intergalactic scale, that we might be ethically ready to venture beyond our solar system even though we're not technologically ready. It's a hopeful and upbeat idea.

Not one I actually buy though. My guess is that we'd be technologically capable before we're as a species ethically ready. Which leads to thoughts of "The Day the Earth Stood Still"...

The SG-1 cast has been great too, as have the guest stars. LOTS of Star Trek regulars and guest stars have appeared on SG-1.

Upvote 0

the Colonel

STARGATE SG-1!
Oct 1, 2003
Michigan
Visit site
✟8,067.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Do . . I . . watch it . ? .
mischief.gif

Upvote 0

chumpai

Dec 26, 2003
Victoria
✟163.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm a big fan of sg-1, the characters and the way they interact is quite unique for any genre. Just recently I've seen some Atlantis episodes and I'm quite impressed so far... it's better than sg-1 in the sense that if they don't travel through the stargate in an episode there's still lots of alien technology and stuff around whereas in sg-1 not going through the gate can seem a little drier. Anyway, I hope both shows keep going for several more seasons.

Upvote 0
R

Redneck

chumpai said:
By the way, does anyone know what happens when you walk through the back of a stargate... I know the show isn't real :p, but it's been one of those things that's bugged me because its never been addressed

You can't have two way travel through a wormhole. I dunno what happens. All I know is that matter can't pass both ways through a wormhole.

Upvote 0

Ainuhina

Lord, send Revival - start with me!
Nov 7, 2004
Graz, Austria
Visit site
✟35,372.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
I think there was something like when you pass through a wormhole you come out at the other end far in the future and when you try to go back the same way you would have to go back in time which isn't possible because you can't turn the speed of light around (which you'd have to do to get back)....if you'd try you would explode....I think there was something like this said in Physiks lesson at school...it's been a while since that..

Upvote 0

die2live

Veteran
Jan 6, 2005
✟10,798.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I know when you try to go through an incoming wormhole, you disintegrate on the event horizon. I would assume that it's the same with going through the back of the stargate. Or maybe it doesn't even matter which side you go through. I don't know.
I think that when there's a flare from the sun, you are either sent back in time or forward in time, depending on which side of the sun the flare's on. But you have to be going to a particular planet. The path between the two planets has to be really close to the sun.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

rahma

FUNdamentalist
Jan 15, 2004
between a frozen wastelan and a wast desert
Visit site
✟16,435.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Stargate was my favorite movie when I was a child, well, teenager. I loved ancient egypt and star wars, and stargate was the perfect combination of the 2.

Now, I *heart* netflix, because it has allowed me to start at season one and go on forward. I never had cable, except for a few months last year, and in that short time, I got hooked on the reruns. Now, I can watch them again and again and again via netflix. Huzzah!

Upvote 0