St. Euphrosynos Taverna and Ouzeri (another one!)

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I passed my boards on Friday!

Finishing grad school felt like the hurdle, but the boards were more intense. And necessary.

We had two BCBAs in our clinic, and myself as an assistant (requiring a senior BCBA to practice). One of them resigned, and the other is due to go out on maternity leave, so it was REALLY ESSENTIAL that I pass those boards! (And if you fail, you have to wait at least 30 days to retest.)

So that is DONE! I slept 12 hours straight after driving home (4 hours) from the test (5 hours).

I’m ready to resume life!

(My husband even said out of the blue he might go to Church with me in the morning!) :crossrc::clap::crossrc:

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,466,917.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I passed my boards on Friday!

Finishing grad school felt like the hurdle, but the boards were more intense. And necessary.

We had two BCBAs in our clinic, and myself as an assistant (requiring a senior BCBA to practice). One of them resigned, and the other is due to go out on maternity leave, so it was REALLY ESSENTIAL that I pass those boards! (And if you fail, you have to wait at least 30 days to retest.)

So that is DONE! I slept 12 hours straight after driving home (4 hours) from the test (5 hours).

I’m ready to resume life!

(My husband even said out of the blue he might go to Church with me in the morning!) :crossrc::clap::crossrc:
praise God!

Upvote 0

E.C.

Jan 12, 2007
✟136,858.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Ah I thought I replied to the posts here but it looks like I only read them. Have had a hard time following through on things not work-related.

I wanted to offer congratulations on meeting the young lady!!!

And good luck on finishing up school before your separation from the service. :)
Thank you!

The young lady has been around for three months or so now. She's awesome and the best.

I'm planning on transferring to the Reserves side of life next year, so we'll see how that goes. More than anything, I want a second retirement and also I've had base access my entire life and the thought of losing it just seems weird.

Reactions: ~Anastasia~
Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Thank you!

The young lady has been around for three months or so now. She's awesome and the best.

I'm planning on transferring to the Reserves side of life next year, so we'll see how that goes. More than anything, I want a second retirement and also I've had base access my entire life and the thought of losing it just seems weird.
Yeah I lost base access after having it for 25 years and it seemed odd.

One of the jobs I worked in the interim was on base. There’s a “feel” there that’s different from the outside. And I missed it.

At my age and this point in my life, there’s no way to get that restored though I guess. It certainly seems weird to me.

Hope it all works out for you. :)

Upvote 0

gzt

The age of the Earth is 4.54 ± 0.07 billion years
Jul 14, 2004
Abolish ICE
Visit site
✟118,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Today was a good day -- went to 6:30 am liturgy, then afterward sung in the choir for liturgy with the metropolitan. A doubleheader! I think the last time I ran into the metropolitan it was still Met Jonah. Have another pontifical liturgy this weekend. A lot of diagonality recently.

Reactions: ArmyMatt
Upvote 0

gzt

The age of the Earth is 4.54 ± 0.07 billion years
Jul 14, 2004
Abolish ICE
Visit site
✟118,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Taken from the event site -- you can play "Where's Waldo" with me. It was a really nice liturgy.
1697898576309.png

Upvote 0

All4Christ

✙ The Handmaid of God Laura ✙
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Mar 11, 2003
PA
Visit site
✟1,022,260.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Just wanted to say hello! It’s been quite some time. :) I started a new job a few months ago, so it’s been a bit crazy here.

How’s everything going for you all?

Upvote 0

rusmeister

A Russified American Orthodox Chestertonian
Dec 9, 2005
Eastern Europe
Visit site
✟435,670.00
Country
Montenegro
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Just wanted to say hello! It’s been quite some time. :) I started a new job a few months ago, so it’s been a bit crazy here.

How’s everything going for you all?
Hope it’s going well for you!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

rusmeister

A Russified American Orthodox Chestertonian
Dec 9, 2005
Eastern Europe
Visit site
✟435,670.00
Country
Montenegro
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
So, I'm (almost) out of the Navy now and already started growing the beard back
I was there when the beards were outlawed. It was January 1, 1985. It really hurt the petty officer in charge of our electrical division that I was in. He looked imposing with it, and without it, he looked like a big nobody.

• Haha
Reactions: E.C.
Upvote 0