St. Euphrosynos Taverna and Ouzeri 44 (6)

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
A cop breaking the law?

May it never be ... :cool:

^_^

(One of my family members scares me to death with his driving. He used to get tickets pretty regularly, but he's "in" with police, judges, sheriff's office, and so on. His buddy that used to take care of tickets for him finally gave him a sticker to put on his license plate that essentially identifies him as someone who's "allowed" to break traffic laws. :sigh: I just pray he stays safe!)

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Kylissa, whaaat! That's insane! LOL.

That's what I thought too.

On the one hand, yes, you have law enforcement officers (who one HOPES have been trained to drive in these situations) who may have a legitimate need, even during off hours in their private vehicle, to get somewhere quickly or follow the bad guy.

But far too often it's just a kind of "I'm important and in a hurry so get out of my way" kind of thing. I'm concerned for safety all around. Lord have mercy!

Upvote 0

Shieldmaiden4Christ

Eastward bound
Aug 28, 2013
Where the Wild Things Are
✟16,564.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Admittedly, I'll drive fast. Some of the roads around here are 70 mph, a straight shot, and very few people drive on them. So, if I'm listening to music, sometimes I forget the speed limit. Then I look at the speedometer and I'm like, uh, whoops. :sorry:

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Well ...

I will admit when I lived in the mountains, there were very long curves, no traffic, downhill. The scale made it feel like I was driving slower. Quite frequently, I'd look down and see I was doing 80 or so. I think the limit was 50 or 60?

And near my home now, the "back way" to town goes through the trees. There's a farm or two, and a couple roads come off it that have subdivisions. The speed limit is 35. I'm usually doing closer to 40 or 45. The other direction, a well-traveled road is only 25 down a long stretch. There aren't really houses on it - just streets that go to houses. They watch that stretch. IMO it should be 35, and I'm afraid I get over 25 going that way very easily.

Maybe I'm getting old. :p Other than those, I tend to do the speed limit.

Probably helped by the fact that my car had some issue for a long time where it would shake violently if I ever got over 60. My husband replaced the shocks - now it shakes just a tiny bit over 75. But not that many places around here the speed limit is that high.

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Haha. I drive a car that doesn't really feel shaky until about 90 or 95. :doh:

VWs are built pretty well.

LOL!

Mine would fall apart before I went that fast, I think.

I used to have a Mustang that went at least 95 or so. I didn't go past that. But when I was REALLY stupid as a teenager I once got my Grandma's car (forget the model, but it was a big station wagon) up to 110.

My friend had a stock car and we got up to 130.

The stupid things I did in my youth ... Thank God He preserved me in spite of myself!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Shieldmaiden4Christ

Eastward bound
Aug 28, 2013
Where the Wild Things Are
✟16,564.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Yeah, I actually had a tire blow out a few weeks ago, and I just prayed and thanked God that I hadn't been on the interstate when it blew out. I was only going 35 or so. I think had I been going about 80, as I typically do in the 70 mph on the interstate, I would be comatose or dead. I was really fortunate.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

E.C.

Jan 12, 2007
✟136,758.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
So... two things...

1) I'm an uncle to twins! :clap:

2) I've gone "church shopping" again. There's an Antiochian church that's 45 minutes away which I've been hesitant to go to since I've been having two hours to commute for the last two years. Well, I went there today and only in the Orthodox world would I run into parishoners there who are from my hometown.

We will be cheering zealously for the Seahawks next week :)

Upvote 0