St. Euphrosynos Taverna and Ouzeri 44 (6)

Anhelyna

Handmaid of God
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2005
Glasgow , Scotland
✟1,297,397.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Twins !!

Oh what fun - you are going to enjoy playing with them .

Mind you , birthdays and Christmas is going to become rather expensive - you can't give combined presents :p

Church shopping - good luck - hope it works out - you really need a home that's near to you

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,466,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
1) I'm an uncle to twins! :clap:

glory to God!

2) I've gone "church shopping" again. There's an Antiochian church that's 45 minutes away which I've been hesitant to go to since I've been having two hours to commute for the last two years. Well, I went there today and only in the Orthodox world would I run into parishoners there who are from my hometown.

haha, small Orthodox world.

We will be cheering zealously for the Seahawks next week :)

you and me both

Upvote 0

Shieldmaiden4Christ

Eastward bound
Aug 28, 2013
Where the Wild Things Are
✟16,564.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I did some training for a 10k race (half marathon) yesterday and did some weight lifting. Basically, going from doing 5ks to doing 10ks. Kinda pooped today. I might have to switch the days I run and the days I lift.

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Well I finally heard back from the certification office. I'm planning to go in in the morning and turn in the rest of my paperwork. God willing, I'll be eligible to work on Thursday!

My husband will be receiving a little interim pay, but hopefully he will back to work soon. He's already sent out quite a few resumes, so God willing, I hope I can keep him in town. :)

Upvote 0

Shieldmaiden4Christ

Eastward bound
Aug 28, 2013
✟16,564.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
What brings that one up? I've been disappointed by some willful ignorance lately, too.

Some guy freaking out about Arab-speaking Christians using the term "Allah" in Arabic translations of the Bible, despite me explaining the reasons for the differences between using "Allah" and "ilah" in translations from the Greek. This guy called me Jezebel and a defender of Baal.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
We have an Arabic guy that visits our parish sometimes. I have to admit, it took me aback for just a moment when he raised his hand to heaven and loudly said "Allah!" But then I remembered ...

When I mentioned it to my husband, he was a little surprised too, but I explained it to him. A lot of people don't know ... maybe there's a kind of hyper-vigilance against Muslims too. But then again, if you explained ...

Sorry you had to deal with that.

I get a little frustrated when people argue what they don't know too ... and usually they don't WANT to hear the truth??? That's what's weird to me.

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I guess I just don't get those kinds of things. My husband picks up on things sometimes - he's Asian - and I've seen he was right. But it just doesn't seem to "compute" with me. Then again, when we moved to the South when I was 7 years old, I put the whole small community in an uproar (literally) because I didn't realize or accept that some kids I wasn't supposed to share or play with.

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,466,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Some guy freaking out about Arab-speaking Christians using the term "Allah" in Arabic translations of the Bible, despite me explaining the reasons for the differences between using "Allah" and "ilah" in translations from the Greek. This guy called me Jezebel and a defender of Baal.

if you bump into him again, ask him if the King James was good enough for St Paul

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Shieldmaiden4Christ

Eastward bound
Aug 28, 2013
✟16,564.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
if you bump into him again, ask him if the King James was good enough for St Paul

I was also accused of being a liar by him for calling him out on a dishonest representation of Allah as a moon god in the Arabian pagan pantheon. Allah was a supreme creator in that pantheon, not a moon god. I can understand why Arabic speaking Jews and Christians would end up using that particular noun for referring to God the almighty. The origin of the term doesn't so much concern me as the present day understanding of it does. It doesn't even bother me that Muslims use the term Allah for God, either. The understanding of it, is again, different between the two religions. I don't stop using "God" just because English speaking Mormons use the term, so why should Arabic speaking Christians stop using the term "Allah" because Arabic speaking Muslims use the term?

Upvote 0