St. Euphrosynos Taverna and Ouzeri 44 (2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

E.C.

Jan 12, 2007
✟137,058.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
My husband had to learn German for his doctorate... guh... sounds complicated to write ....But he tells me it is easier than English spelling ...
It really is. Considering how much German and Spanish I've forgotten I'm sure it would be easier for me to relearn German than it would Spanish.

Upvote 0

Michael G

Abe Frohmann
Feb 22, 2004
Six-burgh, Pa
Visit site
✟95,591.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
My husband had to learn German for his doctorate... guh... sounds complicated to write ....But he tells me it is easier than English spelling ...

German is so easy to spell. There are hard fast rules to everything and anything that is irregular usually has a hard fast rule to govern its irregularity. Compare that with English, where there are no real rules because you have a Latin base and a German base combined into a total mischling of a language.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

E.C.

Jan 12, 2007
✟137,058.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
German is so easy to spell. There are hard fast rules to everything and anything that is irregular usually has a hard fast rule to govern its irregularity. Compare that with English, where there are no real rules because you have a Latin base and a German base combined into a total mischling of a language.
Don't forget the Viking and Celtic influences as well.

Upvote 0

Michael G

Abe Frohmann
Feb 22, 2004
Six-burgh, Pa
Visit site
✟95,591.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Don't forget the Viking and Celtic influences as well.

Exactly. That is why I called it a mischling. English is about the most rough language to spell, second only to French. German is so easy. It is so rule laden, so.....German.! :D

Upvote 0

Ortho_Cat

Orthodox Christian
Aug 12, 2009
KS
✟21,039.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
So I have this recurring dream lately...

I go to church, and when I go there they are usually doing some sort of big production in the cathedral. Video screens, all kinds of instruments, big dramatic production you know? And I start getting scared like, what has become of my church? And then I start to accept it, like oh well. And last night, I even remember crawling around behind the iconostasis, doing what I have no idea. :(

Kinda scary, no? Anyone else have weird dreams about church?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

-Kyriaki-

seeking answers in stillness
Sep 30, 2002
South Australia
Visit site
✟23,127.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I haven't had memorable dreams recently but I have had a bad illness relapse and have been spending a LOT of time sitting or lying down.

On the upside, I've found lots of cool things too. And duckies. See, duckies!

YouTube - patitos yoyofactory(ducks)

(watch it, it's adorable).

I also really like the 'little thor' that marvel did on youtube, very cute.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.