St. Euphrosynos Taverna and Ouzeri 44 (2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MariaRegina

Jun 26, 2003
Visit site
✟115,460.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Actually, I don't think I'll post the billboard announcement. The assignment was to make a PSA billboard that says the opposite of what you would expect to see.

I'm afraid I might offend someone though.

Best to err on the side of caution.

Some of the PSA announcements I have heard lately use shock value like the ones for alcoholism and strokes. They are good because they get our attention. Perhaps that is what the instructor was insinuating.

One that has been running for at least two years mentions a hearse when talking about teenage driving. When I was a teenager, it was all the rage to buy a hearse. I guess the Gothic style still prefers hearses.

The recent one about strokes talks about a guy who cannot make a call on his cell because his right hand is numb, so the announcer says to put the phone in his left hand to call 911 (or something like that).

Upvote 0

Michael G

Abe Frohmann
Feb 22, 2004
Six-burgh, Pa
Visit site
✟95,591.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
My only hopes would be that spring would come early and leave late. :)

Yeah, spring came for about 2 weeks, then left for another month of winter, and is now very late in arriving. Where is the ground hog? My puppies want to have words with him!

Upvote 0

Photini

Gone.
Jun 24, 2003
✟18,808.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Yeah, spring came for about 2 weeks, then left for another month of winter, and is now very late in arriving. Where is the ground hog? My puppies want to have words with him!

Over here it's the same story, except it looks like we're skipping spring now and going right into summer. It's bumping 90 here today.

Upvote 0

Michael G

Abe Frohmann
Feb 22, 2004
Six-burgh, Pa
Visit site
✟95,591.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Over here it's the same story, except it looks like we're skipping spring now and going right into summer. It's bumping 90 here today.

It will be close to 80 here tomorrow. On the bright spot, I saw the first cherry blossom on one of my 4 cherry trees today.

Upvote 0

Photini

Gone.
Jun 24, 2003
✟18,808.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
It will be close to 80 here tomorrow. On the bright spot, I saw the first cherry blossom on one of my 4 cherry trees today.

:thumbsup: As soon as Allie wakes up we're going geocaching and I've got some pictures I need to take for class. Hopefully she'll be in a better mood after her nap. She was kinda crabby this morning.

Upvote 0

Michael G

Abe Frohmann
Feb 22, 2004
Six-burgh, Pa
Visit site
✟95,591.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
:thumbsup: As soon as Allie wakes up we're going geocaching and I've got some pictures I need to take for class. Hopefully she'll be in a better mood after her nap. She was kinda crabby this morning.

I wanted to go to Phipps Conservatory this afternoon to shoot pics, but got stuck doing plumbing in the bathroom. I will have to go Monday as tomorrow afternoon, after DL, I am busy as well. I saw the first cherry blossom on one of my 4 cherry trees today!!!

Upvote 0

MariaRegina

Jun 26, 2003
Visit site
✟115,460.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
The mocking birds are singing their sweet songs at 2 AM in the morning. Do they ever sleep?

One mocking bird gives a warning call every time we approach its nest even though we gave it some blueberries as a snack. Perhaps it wants some more.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Antony in Tx

a sinner
Dec 25, 2009
Texas
✟25,560.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I have got some incredible news, guys!!!

My 85 year old mother, Elizabeth, who was cradle Orthodox until about 13 years of age, has been a lifelong Methodist since her adolescence. She has been going to church with me for the past two years, but hasn't really been too interested in getting back into full communion, or so it seemed. She has asked about it a couple of times, and I keep telling her "talk to Father", but she never has made any move to do so.

So...today, I get home from my Saturday motorcycle ride and tell her I'm going to church and confession. She tells me, "I'm going to go, too. I'm just not sure what to say, because I've never done a confession." So I gave her the basics and told her to just tell Father Vasily what she had just told me. So we went to Great Vespers this evening, and after, we stayed for confession.

Long story short, my mother did her first confession, and is going to be re-chrismated back into the Church next Saturday! She will be out of town on Holy Saturday, so Father Vasily wants to do it next week! Man, that came totally out of nowhere. Father was beaming when I went in for my confession after hers.

GLORY TO GOD!!!

:liturgy:

Reactions: Philothei
Upvote 0

Antony in Tx

a sinner
Dec 25, 2009
Texas
✟25,560.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Having fallen away and practiced as a Methodist for most of her life, and baptizing her children in that other church, etc. Father said that it would be a two step process...confession, followed by annointing with Holy Chrism to seal her reception back into full communion. I really didn't want to get into technicalities...I wanted to share that my Mom is coming back into full communion after 71 years of being away from the Chalice.

Upvote 0

Khaleas

Also known as Jenn the Finn :)
Feb 2, 2005
Virginia
✟9,581.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Having fallen away and practiced as a Methodist for most of her life, and baptizing her children in that other church, etc. Father said that it would be a two step process...confession, followed by annointing with Holy Chrism to seal her reception back into full communion. I really didn't want to get into technicalities...I wanted to share that my Mom is coming back into full communion after 71 years of being away from the Chalice.

Glory to God!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Damaris

May 15, 2015
✟8,728.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox

Glory to God!

I posted something awhile back about the service of chrismation to receive someone back into the Church who had fallen away. I know a lot of people haven't heard of it, but as you've pointed out, it may be done.

Upvote 0

MariaRegina

Jun 26, 2003
Visit site
✟115,460.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married

Glory to Jesus Christ!
Glory forever!

Upvote 0

Michael G

Abe Frohmann
Feb 22, 2004
Six-burgh, Pa
Visit site
✟95,591.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

If you were Chrismated and fell away from the Church, I do not see why the only things needed would be anything other than confession and communion. I have never heard of re-chrismation for someone who is returning to the church, even after a long absence?

Upvote 0

RobNJ

So Long, And Thanks For All The Fish!
Aug 22, 2004
✟166,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Glory to God! :clap:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.