You can't spell or pronounce me
May 3, 2008
Here
✟16,001.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I would just like to say that I'm scared out of my mind that I'm going to lose my job today.

I hope and pray for the best. Yesterday & on Sunday I read the supplication to the Mother of God. Mainly for myself, as I could use some wisdom at the moment to resolve certain personal and professional dilemmas & perhaps take some risks soon (at a time when conventionally-thinking the current world situation suggests risk-taking isn't a good idea). But anyway - the point is, I remembered you as well as the other two ladies that are job-hunting.

Upvote 0

HandmaidenOfGod

Christ is Risen! Indeed He is Risen!
Sep 11, 2004
✟15,769.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
I hope and pray for the best. Yesterday & on Sunday I read the supplication to the Mother of God. Mainly for myself, as I could use some wisdom at the moment to resolve certain personal and professional dilemmas & perhaps take some risks soon (at a time when conventionally-thinking the current world situation suggests risk-taking isn't a good idea). But anyway - the point is, I remembered you as well as the other two ladies that are job-hunting.

Thank you, your prayers (along with everyone else's) are greatly appreciated.

I didn't lose my job today but I'm not taking anything lightly. Basically here's what's going on: I work in Sales, and my numbers haven't been good for the year. Yesterday, the one deal that I had for the month (the only deal I had) fell through.

While Nov and Dec are looking a little better, I still need a LOT of help.

Thanks again for the prayers!

Upvote 0

Emmanuel-A

Cedant arma togae, concedat laurea linguae
Mar 11, 2005
Paris
✟10,084.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Seems a lot of people are job hunting here, or having job trouble.

My fian..., er, the fiancee of a friend, is currently job hunting too. I'm hopeful she'll find somthing soon since she has sought for skills (fluent in both French, German and English, not to mention Romanian), but it's not easy anyway.

I think we'll do a paraklisis to the Mother of God this week-end for you all, job-troubled people, and other friends. Keep the faith !

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Michael G

Abe Frohmann
Feb 22, 2004
Six-burgh, Pa
Visit site
✟95,591.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Seems a lot of people are job hunting here, or having job trouble.

My fian..., er, the fiancee of a friend, is currently job hunting too. I'm hopeful she'll find somthing soon since she has sought for skills (fluent in both French, German and English, not to mention Romanian), but it's not easy anyway.

I think we'll do a paraklisis to the Mother of God this week-end for you all, job-troubled people, and other friends. Keep the faith !

Your fiancee speaks German? Ausgezeichnet!!!

Upvote 0

Kreikkalainen

You can't spell or pronounce me
May 3, 2008
Here
✟16,001.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single

I can only imagine an Emmanuel-style petition: remember, oh Lord, those who are job-hunting, those who are afraid they'll lose their job, those who are facing dilemmas and praying for some wisdom to resolve them, those whose friend's fiancee speaks German, those who don't deliver pizza to Superbowl thieves, and other friends. :D

Seriously though, the Paraklesis is really very powerful. :prayer:

Reactions: Michael G
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Michael G

Abe Frohmann
Feb 22, 2004
Six-burgh, Pa
Visit site
✟95,591.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Ja, wirklich. Es ist wahr. Wir verstehen uns gut mit unseren Nachbarn :hug:.

It is interesting you call the Germans your neighbors. 100 years ago a Frenchman would have called Germans something else! :p

Upvote 0

Michael G

Abe Frohmann
Feb 22, 2004
Six-burgh, Pa
Visit site
✟95,591.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I can only imagine an Emmanuel-style petition: remember, oh Lord, those who are job-hunting, those who are afraid they'll lose their job, those who are facing dilemmas and praying for some wisdom to resolve them, those whose friend's fiancee speaks German, those who don't deliver pizza to Superbowl thieves, and other friends. :D

That is great! :D

but you did forget to mention those who are amazed that Frenchmens friends fiancees speak German! :p

Upvote 0

Emmanuel-A

Cedant arma togae, concedat laurea linguae
Mar 11, 2005
Paris
✟10,084.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married

Well, I'll try to include everyone :D

Upvote 0

ikonographics

In patience I waited patiently on the Lord
Apr 27, 2008
Greece
Visit site
✟27,987.00
Country
Greece
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single

:thumbsup: Thank you to all those who are reading the Paraklesis for us job hunters and other friends!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.