Visit site
✟9,244.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
[2] If a person seems to be walking with the Lord, even for 30 years, and then walks away from Him, OSAS teaches that person never had a relationship with Jesus Christ to begin with and it was all fakery/fraudulent, etc, and was therefore never "saved" [insert self definition]. The teachers of this self-define who is saved and lost, and they self-define themselves to be the 'saved'.

How then do you know that you are one of those 'saved' [insert self definition] then?, seeing as there are those which lived far longer than you, and yet turned away in the end, and yet you say they never really turned away, for they never had turned to Christ to begin with? So, seeing as you are not nearly as old as those [some died in great age after having turned away], how do you know you are not yet 'predestined' to simply be one of those yet? Tell me? Will you quote scripture? They did too, yet you claim they are lost and never were 'saved', and they claimed that they were 'saved' and turned.

Upvote 0

Matthew ten Verseight

Messenger with a Message from Jesus
Aug 5, 2019
Pacific
Visit site
✟9,244.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
[3] God forces you to love Him, rapes the free will [and some do not even believe in that free will, what a miserable image they must have of God, but if they have no free will, then God made them that way to be that way, and so whatever...]. You are coming with Him whether you want it or not, if you are one of those 'chosen' [insert self definition].

Upvote 0

Matthew ten Verseight

Aug 5, 2019
Pacific
Visit site
✟9,244.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
[4] God has some that He 'chose' [insert self-definition] to be forever damned in miserable tortuous fires and pains and burnings and howlings, and increasing in imprecations and sin against God for all eternity... what a fiend of a 'god' that is. A Roman Catholic doctrine, taken from Platonic philosophy and satan's theology. In this aspect it is God that prolongs sin in eternity and delights in their sufferings and misery, inspite of His own words against both ideas.

Upvote 0

Matthew ten Verseight

Aug 5, 2019
Pacific
Visit site
✟9,244.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
[5] Since a person who is 'saved' [insert self-definition] cannot ever be lost NO MATTER WHAT ONE DOES or BELIEVES after one is 'saved' [insert self definition], sin is really no big deal, so go ahead, slap Jesus in the face one more time, crucify to yourself the Son of God afresh day after day, for after all, what does it matter, you cannot possibly be lost!

Upvote 0

Matthew ten Verseight

Aug 5, 2019
Pacific
Visit site
✟9,244.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
My God gives me assurance, without such a miserable doctrine of the devil as all that... and He freely allows me to continue in and with Him, because he loves me freely, without ever forcing me to love in return.

Love is self-less.

God is love, and in order for God to be love, free will exists among each of the three persons, Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

Now please see Matthew 18, 2 Peter 2, Ezekiel, for I have yet to have anyone look at those honestly yet, or consider the Salt verse for what it actually says, "Ye are...", and not your testimony is... [or can you show where it says that the Salt is our testimony?, instead of we actually being the Salt], for again, compare that Salt verse to John 15:6, and the not abiding.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,729,308.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
My God gives me assurance, without such a miserable doctrine of the devil as all that... and He freely allows me to continue in and with Him, because he loves me freely, without ever forcing me to love in return.
That’s Reformed Theology.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,442.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Love is self-less.

God is love, and in order for God to be love, free will exists among each of the three persons, Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

Now please see Matthew 18, 2 Peter 2, Ezekiel, for I have yet to have anyone look at those honestly yet, or consider the Salt verse for what it actually says, "Ye are...", and not your testimony is... [or can you show where it says that the Salt is our testimony?, instead of we actually being the Salt], for again, compare that Salt verse to John 15:6, and the not abiding.

Wow brother Matthew you shredded reformed theology to dust!! I’ve never seen such a large collection of verses put together in one thread. I agree with everything you’ve said. I’m going to take a wild guess here but it appears that you agree with the majority of the Orthodox teachings, am I correct?

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Luke 18

9 And he spake this parable unto certain which trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others:

10 Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican.

11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.

12 I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.

13 And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.

14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalts himself shall be abased; and he that humbles himself shall be exalted.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,442.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Luke 18

9 And he spake this parable unto certain which trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others:

10 Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican.

11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.

13 And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.

14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalts himself shall be abased; and he that humbles himself shall be exalted.

Amen without Christ we can do nothing. John 15:5

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,729,308.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Wow brother Matthew you shredded reformed theology to dust!! I’ve never seen such a large collection of verses put together in one thread. I agree with everything you’ve said. I’m going to take a wild guess here but it appears that you agree with the majority of the Orthodox teachings, am I correct?
I’m sorry, but...lol. If verses with no context shreds anything to dust, even Catholicism, it’s not worth much.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,729,308.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Luke 18

I’ve never seen one passage that so shreds synergism to dust. Thank you. ^_^

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,442.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Not relying on what he did for favor before God.

Perhaps you misunderstand the definition of synergy my friend.

together

G4903

Lemma:

συνεργέω

Transliteration:

synergéō

Pronounce:

soon-erg-eh'-o

Part of Speech:

Verb

Language:

greek

Description:

1) to work together, help in work, be partner in labour

2) to put forth power together with and thereby to assist

Grammar:

from συνεργός; to be a fellow-worker, i.e. co-operate:--help (work) with, work(-er) together.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,729,308.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Perhaps you misunderstand the definition of synergy my friend.

together

G4903

Lemma:

συνεργέω

Transliteration:

synergéō

Pronounce:

soon-erg-eh'-o

Part of Speech:

Verb

Language:

greek

Description:

1) to work together, help in work, be partner in labour

2) to put forth power together with and thereby to assist

Grammar:

from συνεργός; to be a fellow-worker, i.e. co-operate:--help (work) with, work(-er) together.
I don’t misunderstand the word.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,729,308.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
I don’t understand where in this thread you see a post suggesting that we can do anything without Christ.
The Pharisee thanked God. But he wasn’t justified. Why?

Upvote 0