Learning to thrive
Sep 30, 2005
Where the Lord wants me
✟26,473.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
I am not really sure what to do. I went out tonight with some mates and it was horrible. I won't go into it but let's just say I would have been anywhere but there. One of my mates was the d.d. (designated driver) of the night and another mate was drinking. It was getting late and the d.d. was miserable so I reminded my friend that both the d.d. and I have church in the morning so we should think about leaving soonish (it was 11pm and our church is at 8:20am).

Anyway my friend just laughed at me which did not go down well at all and then basically said it was the end of our friendship, that I was taking sides with the d.d. (she thought that we were having fun so she was ignoring the d.d.), she would get a lift with someone else and that is it. Shocked I gave her back her things (they were in my bag) and left with the d.d. Of course this happened in front of the group of mates so most of them now know about all the drama so I am not only confused, upset, angry but embarassed.

So I am sitting here wondering where everything went wrong. My mate obviosly had the wrong impression of me and I am wondering who else has the wrong impression of me. She obviously doesn't see me as a Christian rather as a party girl (though we have had a run in about this before and she knows I go out rarely as bedtime for me is about 10:00ish). We are all work mates (I teach her son) so there is no hiding and Dili is not big enough anyway. We have been friends for nearly a year and a half now.

I am sorry for the vent/rant. I am not sure what I want right now other than a one way ticket out of here. I guess I will just have to pray through it all again. Nothing in Dili has been easy this term and judging by tonight, it is not going to get easier.

:doh: :confused: :doh:

Evie1980

Learning to thrive
Sep 30, 2005
Where the Lord wants me
✟26,473.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
It is funny how God puts messages in your life just at the time that you need it. I read my online devotional and it talked about people trying to make you who you are not. It is such an easy trap to full into but I know the Lord openned my eyes to my friend trying to make me into someone I am not. I had a choice tonight and I trust that I have made the right one - I am going to be the woman God made me to be notthe woman my friend is trying to make me be.

I am ever greatful for the Lord's word in my life - a little of Hid perspective goes a long way in overcoming things like this.

Blessings

Upvote 0
M

MarkSB

Sorry to hear that Evie. It sounds like drunken foolishness to me, perhaps things can be patched up when she is sober. If not and that's her attitude, then TBH I think you're better off without her, because she's not giving much respect or thought to others. Just my $0.02.

Situations like that make me glad I don't go out much anymore. I'm an alcoholic so I quit drinking years ago. I've had a few experiences with being the DD for a group of people and it definitely wasn't my cup of tea. On occassion I'll go out with co-workers after work, but they limit their drinking so I haven't seen any of them get drunk. I don't mind giving somebody a ride home so they don't get hurt (or hurt somebody else), but as for driving a group of people around, I don't know that I'd ever do that again.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Inkachu

Bursting with fruit flavor!
Jan 31, 2008
Somewhere between Rivendell and Rohan
✟62,966.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
One more reason to avoid alcohol situations altogether IMO. I'm sorry you were treated like that, Evie. This "friend" isn't a friend at all, if you ask me. I hope you can move on with life without too much backlash from these people. You did absolutely nothing wrong...hang onto that fact.

Upvote 0