Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟794,806.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
posted: using supernatural power to effect and predict things which happen.

Agree. Sorcery is ungodly because of the source of the information and purposes that are not from Yahweh.

A few Biblical examples when it's from Yahweh:
1- Saul/Paul and Ananias both have a vision about each other in Acts 9;9-19 especially v 10-12;
2- "And one of them stood up, named Agabus, and indicated by the Spirit that there would be a great famine over all the world (which took place in the days of Claudius)." Acts 11:28;
3- "For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace" Isa 9:6

Everything Yahweh does has a purpose.

Where I think believers cross the line is when we pray controlling and manipulative prayers concerning others. #1 - Read about a believer who prayed for her adult son to get very sick when he drank alcohol (not trying to bring up the issue of alcohol). #2 - make others blind, deaf, etc. #3 - those who pray "whatever it takes" type of prayers - usually concerning other people not themselves. These type of prayers seem "off track" to me.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Danthemailman

Jul 18, 2017
Midwest
✟303,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
All of the verses from Revelation use the Greek word pharmakeia
The word pharmakeia is the source of our English word "pharmacy." Is there a connection with sorcery and "drug use?" Very interesting!

• Winner
Reactions: Ygrene Imref
Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
posted: using supernatural power to effect and predict things which happen.

Agree. Sorcery is ungodly because of the source of the information and purposes that are not from Yahweh.

A few Biblical examples when it's from Yahweh:
1- Saul/Paul and Ananias both have a vision about each other in Acts 9;9-19 especially v 10-12;
2- "And one of them stood up, named Agabus, and indicated by the Spirit that there would be a great famine over all the world (which took place in the days of Claudius)." Acts 11:28;
3- "For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace" Isa 9:6

Everything Yahweh does has a purpose.

Where I think believers cross the line is when we pray controlling and manipulative prayers concerning others. #1 - Read about a believer who prayed for her adult son to get very sick when he drank alcohol (not trying to bring up the issue of alcohol). #2 - make others blind, deaf, etc. #3 - those who pray "whatever it takes" type of prayers - usually concerning other people not themselves. These type of prayers seem "off track" to me.
Thank you for your thoughts tturt

Upvote 0

friend of

A private in Gods army
Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2016
provincial
✟759,871.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
One of the words used is "witchcraft". It is akin to "rebellion". The rebellion component is based on "pride". It all ties together, according to what is written in God's Word.

An example of a softer form of witchcraft today is when narcissistic put-down artists attempt to control others by manipulating their emotions, playing on their social fears, creating scenarios that tear down healthy self-images and other means of extortion by making them doubt their own sanity (i.e. gaslighting). Energy vampirism is witchcraft.

Upvote 0

Dkh587

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2014
Southeast
✟552,407.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
When Moses & Aaron went before Pharoah and threw their staff down, and it became a snake, scripture says that pharaoh consulted the wise men and sorcerers, and that they were able to replicate a few of the signs that Moses & Aaron performed

Exodus 7:8-12
And יהוה spake unto Moses and unto Aaron, saying, When Pharaoh shall speak unto you, saying, Shew a miracle for you: then thou shalt say unto Aaron, Take thy rod, and cast it before Pharaoh, and it shall become a serpent.
And Moses and Aaron went in unto Pharaoh, and they did so as יהוה had commanded: and Aaron cast down his rod before Pharaoh, and before his servants, and it became a serpent.
Then Pharaoh also called the wise men and the sorcerers: now the magicians of Egypt, they also did in like manner with their enchantments.
For they cast down every man his rod, and they became serpents: but Aaron's rod swallowed up their rods.

I would imagine that sorcery has to deal with summoning/operating with evil/unclean spirits. Casting spells/enchantments etc. basically what a lot of people might consider a witch in modern society.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
An example of a softer form of witchcraft today is when narcissistic put-down artists attempt to control others by manipulating their emotions, playing on their social fears, creating scenarios that tear down healthy self-images and other means of extortion by making them doubt their own sanity (i.e. gaslighting). Energy vampirism is witchcraft.
sounds like politics.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
When Moses & Aaron went before Pharoah and threw their staff down, and it became a snake, scripture says that pharaoh consulted the wise men and sorcerers, and that they were able to replicate a few of the signs that Moses & Aaron performed

I would imagine that sorcery has to deal with summoning/operating with evil/unclean spirits. Casting spells/enchantments etc. basically what a lot of people might consider a witch in modern society.
Thanks for the Re.

Upvote 0

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟730,406.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
The word pharmakeia is the source of our English word "pharmacy." Is there a connection with sorcery and "drug use?" Very interesting!
Yes, they way many use pharma or "drugs" is harmless or even beneficial when used along with prayer. Some believe all "drugs" are wrong but I'm not so extreme. You can't always pray away diabetes. Like I was saying, back in the day sorcerers would use different pharma to alter their state of consciousness in order to cast spells, talk to the dead, or tell the future and they would sell the pharma to people for them to do it at home too. Many women were burned as witches for using different medicinal substances to ease childbirth or cause abortions among other things. Now we use it for good things like diabetes or cancer but we also use it for the bad like cocaine and heroine. Take a substance like oxycodone. A miracle drug for those in severe pain, however people continue to take it when their pain has lessened and they become addicts. Was it a righteous thing that they took it or was it pharmakia (sorcery)?

Upvote 0

2Timothy2:15

Mar 28, 2016
CA
✟78,248.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Now we put that into context of the growing use and legalization of marijuana in the US. Then we reflect on the bible and what it has to say and we can see why lawlessness and hatred for God increases. On the other hand how many in the church are being influenced to think smoking weed is ok and having a few drinks. Alcohol also alters ones state and is technically a drug as well. That helps put things in perspective as well in my opinion.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Alicia Schout

Aug 17, 2017
Netherlands
✟52,769.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, they way many use pharma or "drugs" is harmless or even beneficial when used along with prayer. Some believe all "drugs" are wrong but I'm not so extreme. You can't always pray away diabetes. Like I was saying, back in the day sorcerers would use different pharma to alter their state of consciousness in order to cast spells, talk to the dead, or tell the future and they would sell the pharma to people for them to do it at home too. Many women were burned as witches for using different medicinal substances to ease childbirth or cause abortions among other things. Now we use it for good things like diabetes or cancer but we also use it for the bad like cocaine and heroine. Take a substance like oxycodone. A miracle drug for those in severe pain, however people continue to take it when their pain has lessened and they become addicts. Was it a righteous thing that they took it or was it pharmakia (sorcery)?

Well, all addictions are stronghold. (evil spirits)

• Winner
Reactions: Ygrene Imref
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,342,571.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
You mentioned about withcraft in the church. Can you explain?

David Wilkerson can explain much better than i can. He said there is a HUGE deception, especially in the church, and amongst believers. Many many are being deceived.

(the volume is kinda' low...i had to turn my volume up to hear him. It was very eye-opening.)

Upvote 0

Mar 28, 2016
CA
✟78,248.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
David Wilkerson can explain much better than i can. He said there is a HUGE deception, especially in the church, and amongst believers. Many many are being deceived.

(the volume is kinda' low...i had to turn my volume up to hear him. It was very eye-opening.)

Pastor David Wilkerson (great man of God) was correct and we see this manifesting today. It all ties into manipulation, rebellion, and false doctrine. If you want your mind blown there was a "pastor" who enlisted his leadership personally to pray curses on me and my family because I was confronting him personally (not publicly) about some of his doctrine and some he yoked himself too who I knew where wolves. I talked to him privately about these things 1 on 1 like the bible says hoping he would repent. Yet he doubled down and tried to get people to curse me in prayer (witchcraft). Praise be to our Lord Jesus he always reveals the plans of the enemy and protects his servants :)

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,342,571.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Pastor David Wilkerson (great man of God) was correct and we see this manifesting today. It all ties into manipulation, rebellion, and false doctrine. If you want your mind blown there was a "pastor" who enlisted his leadership personally to pray curses on me and my family because I was confronting him personally (not publicly) about some of his doctrine and some he yoked himself too who I knew where wolves. I talked to him privately about these things 1 on 1 like the bible says hoping he would repent. Yet he doubled down and tried to get people to curse me in prayer (witchcraft). Praise be to our Lord Jesus he always reveals the plans of the enemy and protects his servants :)

Amen! And what you stated about what one "yokes themselves to" is a red flag.

Praise God, yes, our Lord DOES always reveal the plans and deceptions and the wiles of the enemy and his agents.

That is why we are admonished to be sober and vigilant and put on the armor of God, because the enemy is prowling about seeking whom he may devour.

• Winner
Reactions: Alicia Schout
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Mar 28, 2016
CA
✟78,248.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Amen! And what you stated about what one "yokes themselves to" is a red flag.

Praise God, yes, our Lord DOES always reveal the plans and deceptions and the wiles of the enemy and his agents.

That is why we are admonished to be sober and vigilant and put on the armor of God, because the enemy is prowling about seeking whom he may devour.

To wrap up the story, the so called pastor was confronted by one of his elders and myself about his witchcraft and he lied through his teeth and refused to repent even though the elder that confronted him was one he personally enlisted in his plot. This is more common that you think and is the state of the mainline church in the US. So sad.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,342,571.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
To wrap up the story, the so called pastor was confronted by one of his elders and myself about his witchcraft and he lied through his teeth and refused to repent even though the elder that confronted him was one he personally enlisted in his plot. This is more common that you think and is the state of the mainline church in the US. So sad.

I agree. It is more common than most, including me, was aware of.

It is tragic.

Upvote 0

Mar 28, 2016
CA
✟78,248.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I agree. It is more common than most, including me, was aware of.

It is tragic.

The truly sad part is the lack of discernment in general. I know of another pastor who is still taking money from a church to the tune of 300k a year. He was confronted by a sister in the church who asked to see the books and he told her she was cursed and would be cursed for asking. If that is not classic witchcraft I do not know what it is. He freaked her out so much she stopped her investigation.

• Winner
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,342,571.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
The truly sad part is the lack of discernment in general. I know of another pastor who is still taking money from a church to the tune of 300k a year. He was confronted by a sister in the church who asked to see the books and he told her she was cursed and would be cursed for asking. If that is not classic witchcraft I do not know what it is. He freaked her out so much she stopped her investigation.

That's a strategy of the enemy, to twist it around, and accuse the other of being a demon, etc. and saying that they will be cursed for daring to ask any questions.

God help us. That's a HUGE red flag or possibly multiple red flags right there. It's an indication that the enemy has got their tentacles deeply rooted into the place and in peoples hearts, minds, and souls.

• Agree
Reactions: 2Timothy2:15
Upvote 0

Mar 28, 2016
CA
✟78,248.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That's a strategy of the enemy, to twist it around, and accuse the other of being a demon, etc. and saying that they will be cursed for daring to ask any questions.

God help us. That's a HUGE red flag or possibly multiple red flags right there. It's an indication that the enemy has got their tentacles deeply rooted into the place and in peoples hearts, minds, and souls.

Amen, that is why the Lord is breaking many out of this corrupt system in these days. The enemy turns that around as well as the enemy then brands those who leave the mainline church as the fakes.

You and others might think how does this guy know about all these pastors? Well, I was an "elder" and functioned in a pastoral role for years which is why I was exposed to this. In my position I know personally a few dozen lead Sr pastors in my area and state. Many are compromised entirely.

• Informative
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0