• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Somthing happened

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArmorofGod18

Jul 29, 2008
✟15,168.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Something happened to me last night that wasn't cool. Last night I had a strange/bad dream where I was talking my sister and said to her "I think that HS should turn into a hawk to get vengeance on the mormons." and don't ask me how to mormons were involved that I don't know. But then all of a sudden as I was wakening up from the dream I said that sentence. Is this blasphemy?

Jayangel81

Child of the Most High
Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2007
Long Island Ny, USA
✟49,584.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If I dreamt, that I said bad things about Jesus, is it blasphemy?

Seeking assurance is not what you need ArmorofGod, but it is to come to the truth and knowledge on what blasphemy really is.

You keep asking for assurance which is the OCD, just ignore it.

After waking up from dreams I have said things where I thought "Wow did I really say this"

You need to come to a deep understanding that in these types of situations, it isnt a matter of blaspheming God.

As long as you have this fear of doing it and thinking if you do it you will lose your salvation(like many others on here), your mind is going to stay focused on this subject. Let it go my friend, just let it go.

You can do it.

Upvote 0

seajoy

Senior Veteran
Jul 5, 2006
michigan
✟19,053.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Something happened to me last night that wasn't cool. Last night I had a strange/bad dream where I was talking my sister and said to her "I think that HS should turn into a hawk to get vengeance on the mormons." and don't ask me how to mormons were involved that I don't know. But then all of a sudden as I was wakening up from the dream I said that sentence. Is this blasphemy?
You're fine....it was just the OCD. I used to dream the same kind of stuff when I was in full blown OCD. Just say "oh well" to what happened. Always remember that God understands OCD. :)

Upvote 0

psalm_139

Psalm139
Feb 16, 2009
Canada
✟15,125.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Just remember that what you do o say in your dream is not your conscious choice. Man, I used to dream things and then feel SO guilty about what I had dreamed, like I had sinned, but God knows it's just a dream, that you didn't consciously CHOOSE to say what you did in your dream. I know it's SO hard not to obsess about it, but the more you do, the more anxious you will become, which will cause you to obsess all the more, which, frankly, is a brutal cycle. Don't give it another thought! God knows your heart, and knows exactly what you would never intentionally or consciously do. OCD is just brutal and causes way too much guilt for our own good :)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.