• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Prayers to erase my past due to OCD contaminations

PinetownTree

Jul 26, 2023
Saint Cloud
✟10,061.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi everyone, I found this forum through this: Can God reverse time?

Last weekend my OCD from the past two years imploded on me, I instantaneously fell into severe depression. While I've struggled for twenty years, the last ten were tough but there were times it got better with help.

In July 2021 I underwent some kind of episode...people going to "special places" bothers me if I feel the person has contaminations. I thought someone I knew said they were going to visit there, I cried for two days. I quit my job, I went to work for the college I went to. My new job was filled with triggering contaminations for me, I did my best to try to work past it because of the benefits.

It started to get better butI withdrew from my relatives in the house thinking I would bring contaminations home with me so I hid from them in the house. I tried to justify why this job was better or why the people were

I don't like gifts from people outside my relatives, for the holidays some of my co-workers gave me very nice gifts the last two years but I'm scared to touch them.

Recently I needed to undergo colon surgery for the third time. One of my co-workers put their get well note in my vehicle. I was mortified cause my car is super sentimental to me even though what they did was super nice. My mom wiped my car off, we said that because my car was covered in gunk then my car wasn't touched directly but it still bothers me.

Rememeber why I quit my last job? Now I'm tormented weekly by people with "contaminations" telling me they're going to special places of mine-places I felt safe, sentimental, or special because I spent time with loved ones there.

I'm religious, I believe God can do lots of things so I've been praying for days for God to fix this for me, to take me backwards in time to not ruin everything or to fix my thing like these things didn't happen.

Nobdy I know is willing to join me in prayers for this so it's been super hurtful, I've seen incredible prayers of theirs come to pass with no natural explanations.

Thank you

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,862.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Hi everyone, I found this forum through this: Can God reverse time?

Last weekend my OCD from the past two years imploded on me, I instantaneously fell into severe depression. While I've struggled for twenty years, the last ten were tough but there were times it got better with help.

In July 2021 I underwent some kind of episode...people going to "special places" bothers me if I feel the person has contaminations. I thought someone I knew said they were going to visit there, I cried for two days. I quit my job, I went to work for the college I went to. My new job was filled with triggering contaminations for me, I did my best to try to work past it because of the benefits.

It started to get better butI withdrew from my relatives in the house thinking I would bring contaminations home with me so I hid from them in the house. I tried to justify why this job was better or why the people were

I don't like gifts from people outside my relatives, for the holidays some of my co-workers gave me very nice gifts the last two years but I'm scared to touch them.

Recently I needed to undergo colon surgery for the third time. One of my co-workers put their get well note in my vehicle. I was mortified cause my car is super sentimental to me even though what they did was super nice. My mom wiped my car off, we said that because my car was covered in gunk then my car wasn't touched directly but it still bothers me.

Rememeber why I quit my last job? Now I'm tormented weekly by people with "contaminations" telling me they're going to special places of mine-places I felt safe, sentimental, or special because I spent time with loved ones there.

I'm religious, I believe God can do lots of things so I've been praying for days for God to fix this for me, to take me backwards in time to not ruin everything or to fix my thing like these things didn't happen.

Nobdy I know is willing to join me in prayers for this so it's been super hurtful, I've seen incredible prayers of theirs come to pass with no natural explanations.

Thank you
-
What does "I am religious" mean, have you ever believed in Jesus for God's free gift of Eternal Life salvation.

Upvote 0

PinetownTree

Jul 26, 2023
Saint Cloud
✟10,061.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
-
What does "I am religious" mean, have you ever believed in Jesus for God's free gift of Eternal Life salvation.
Oops, I'm sorry-some of this story was from my OCD forum. I'm Christian (non-denom), I'm praying God erases my current situation so I can be restored from the OCD incidents right now.

Upvote 0

PinetownTree

Jul 26, 2023
Saint Cloud
✟10,061.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thank you for reaching out! Are you currently getting any help for your OCD, and what kind of help have you had in the past?
I'm starting NOCD in two weeks. Previously done counseling with light medications, was in CPT for 2.5 years.

Upvote 0

Mari17

Jun 17, 2017
Newport
✟143,312.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
OK, thanks for the clarification! OCD can be so tough to deal with, so I'm glad you're getting help. I have been through some pretty bad flares, but there is so much hope for getting better! I too have made some mistakes that I really wish I hadn't made, but I believe that God is loving and powerful and can use even our mistakes for good. Even if that is just to teach us something, and to do His awesome work in our hearts! If you are looking for more support, I recommend the private Facebook group Christianity and Anxiety Disorders. I believe there are some people on there who have had good experiences with NOCD. I can also recommend other resources if you would like!

Upvote 0

PinetownTree

Jul 26, 2023
Saint Cloud
✟10,061.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thanks for your help everyone, I'm hurting my relatives by living this way. I'm so sorry for the contaminations to my car or special places. My mom said God told her my car was ok, to not let it bother me but I need help believing it-some kind of sign that means something to me. The doctor got me some pills to sleep but they'll run out soon.

8/18 is going to be the event that I quit my job over in 2021. I'm believing God, like he said in Joel 2:25, that he restores the years...in the margins it mentions two years which is how long things have been tormenting.

If you're inclined to offer some prayers up for this to believe with me please feel free, the ferris wheel in my profile pic is one of those special places :)

Upvote 0

Mari17

Jun 17, 2017
Newport
✟143,312.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

PinetownTree

Jul 26, 2023
Saint Cloud
✟10,061.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Living with OCD can be painful, for us and others! I think it is very wise of you to get help. Have you started your first therapy session yet?
Also, I will share links to a few of my favorite OCD resources, in case you're interested. I'm happy to share more, if you would like!

Scrupulosity Articles - Scrupulosity.com
OCD and Scrupulosity Archives - ACCFS
Overcome OCD: Recovery tips for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
The Noise In Your Head - 6 Episode Video Series – Anxieties.com

I'm in NOCD I just started but I'm going to some kind of special clinic Mon. I wish God would erase or restore some things so I can be better rested or well to start something new.

Upvote 0

Mari17

Jun 17, 2017
Newport
✟143,312.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm in NOCD I just started but I'm going to some kind of special clinic Mon. I wish God would erase or restore some things so I can be better rested or well to start something new.
I understand that feeling! I think He does restore things, but maybe sometimes in ways that we don't expect. I encourage you to keep getting help and working on your OCD, and keep asking God to work on and transform your heart. He loves you so much, and can teach you so much through your struggles. May He continue to give you courage to persevere, and bless you with healing and peace!

Upvote 0

PinetownTree

Jul 26, 2023
Saint Cloud
✟10,061.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I understand that feeling! I think He does restore things, but maybe sometimes in ways that we don't expect. I encourage you to keep getting help and working on your OCD, and keep asking God to work on and transform your heart. He loves you so much, and can teach you so much through your struggles. May He continue to give you courage to persevere, and bless you with healing and peace!
It's tough because I believe God can fix this but people, even very spiritual people I know, continue telling me God doesn't fix our past-so who is wrong? Either he's the God of the impossible or He isn't.

Upvote 0

PinetownTree

Jul 26, 2023
Saint Cloud
✟10,061.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
How have you been doing lately, PinetownTree?
Hi, I'm on some medications to help the thoughts or help me sleep. I'm still waiting on my prayers though, not sure why God is not helping me but thanks for checking in.

• Prayers
Reactions: Lukaris
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Mari17

Jun 17, 2017
Newport
✟143,312.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi, I'm on some medications to help the thoughts or help me sleep. I'm still waiting on my prayers though, not sure why God is not helping me but thanks for checking in.
I'm glad you are getting some help. How is the therapy going? Also, regarding your prayers...What if God's plan is to redeem your past rather than erase it?

Upvote 0

PinetownTree

Jul 26, 2023
Saint Cloud
✟10,061.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm glad you are getting some help. How is the therapy going? Also, regarding your prayers...What if God's plan is to redeem your past rather than erase it?
Therapy's ok but I'm just going through getting used to someone new, one of my severe phobias occurred tonight on my job so I'm kind of coming off that right now. I'd be ok with God doing something erasing or restoring, but He just needs to do something for me because I can't do this on my own.

Upvote 0

Mari17

Jun 17, 2017
Newport
✟143,312.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Therapy's ok but I'm just going through getting used to someone new, one of my severe phobias occurred tonight on my job so I'm kind of coming off that right now. I'd be ok with God doing something erasing or restoring, but He just needs to do something for me because I can't do this on my own.
How have you been doing the past few weeks?

Upvote 0