Alberta
✟7,658.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
CA-Others
Recently, I've made the decission to dedicate my life back to God. I've grown up in a christian home and I used to be a very devoted christian up until about 2 years ago. I went though some struggles and just fell away from God.

But now I've found a new passion for him, stronger than the one I had before. Unfortunity though this time around it's much more of a struggle for me and I would just really love to have someone to e-mail and get advice from. Just someone I can talk to about my issues, and they can talk to me about theirs.

heron

Legend
Mar 24, 2005
✟33,756.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hi Megan, that's great! Remember that God forgives seventy times seven... He works all things for the good, so He will find uses for what you learned over the last few years. It's all part of one life.

I would be careful of opening up your email to strangers before getting to know them. At least use the private messaging here, so strange people don't track you down.

I would suggest following some threads for a while and finding people you agree with and connect well with. People you respect. Then start messaging.

This isn't just about predators, but also people with completely different viewpoints, that might push against your perceptions of Christianity. I hope this falls into place for you soon!

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,769.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Sounds like you need discipleship, and that goes much better in person than it does online. If you don't know a good woman in the Lord who would be a good discipler yet, it's time to find a women's Bible study, so such a relationship could grow out of that. Wait until you find someone you can trust.

Upvote 0

kevlite2020

rawr means I love you in dinosaur!
Sep 11, 2008
Florida
Visit site
✟35,700.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I agree with both of them that probably the best thing you can do is find someone you can trust, and the best way to do that would be through a church with people face to face. But I realize that can be hard/uncomfortable for some people. I sent you a PM and you can feel free to reply to me if you'd like and I'd love to talk things out with you and offer advice. But it would be good for you to start establishing friendships with strong Christian people who you could build up a trust for.

Upvote 0

fm107

Psalm 19:1-4 and Romans 1:20
May 12, 2009
London, UK
✟61,600.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Hi Megan,

I would like to show you a few scriptures that I hope you will find both helpful and comforting for whatever problems or anxieties you are facing.

Philippians 4:6
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.

1 Peter 5:7
Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.

Psalm 55:22
Cast your burden upon the LORD and He will sustain you; He will never allow the righteous to be shaken.

Matthew 6:26
Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?

I urge you to pray to God about any worries you have.

Here is my favourite piece of scripture -

Jesus said:

Matthew 28:20
And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

Hebrews 13:5
Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you."

Should you need any advice, I will always try to help out as best I can should you not wish to post here.

I just want to stress though that God will be able to help you out more than anyone else here if you just stay prayerful and faithful to him.

Upvote 0

DreamsAreFree

Ps46:10 Jer33:3
Sep 20, 2008
✟8,389.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I agree with heron about being cautious about opening yourself up to someone on here, especially if you are planning to communicate on an ongoing basis. We don't know the truth of who anyone is on here and can only take things at face value.

Finding someone to connect with is an excellent idea and as TS stated, best in person. I know that it is sometimes easier to communicate by email though and wondered if it might be possible for you to find middle ground and maybe find someone in your church that you can email with? I've done that sort of thing before when the pastor has asked me if I would. It also means that you can have the personal touch and more accountability - and you can be sure about who you are dealing with. You may not make the right connection straight away and if not, it is ok to ask for someone else.

Upvote 0

In_One

Sep 11, 2009
✟7,727.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I am glad that you chose to make this decision. The love and plans of our God know no end. May the grace and peace of our Lord be with you. If you want someone to talk to, you can message me. I am coming back to Christ after being lost and confused for a few years. The most important thing to remember, however, is that there is none like Christ. Through Him we have all become family. I have pledged my life to Him and the family that He has given me now. Let us all be brothers and sisters in our faith; for, we are servants of the Almighty God. Amen.

Upvote 0

Megann*

Jan 8, 2010
Alberta
✟7,658.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
CA-Others
I agree with both of them that probably the best thing you can do is find someone you can trust, and the best way to do that would be through a church with people face to face. But I realize that can be hard/uncomfortable for some people. I sent you a PM and you can feel free to reply to me if you'd like and I'd love to talk things out with you and offer advice. But it would be good for you to start establishing friendships with strong Christian people who you could build up a trust for.

I got you're PM and thank you for messaging me. Unfortunity I can't reply on there because I have less than 15 forum posts. I will give you my reply on here until I build up a few more forum posts:

Hey there, thanks so much for helping me and offinging your advice =) it means so much to me.

My main troubles are with my boyfriend, Casey, and resisting all the temptations that go along with that.

First off, we're only 18 and we live together with his family. I've been living with him for over a year now. We didn't want to go through a long distance relationship and God wasnt really a priority in my life at the time when I moved in, now that has changed.

I've been feeling God trying to speak to me lately and I told Casey that. Of course, we've been having sex but I told him I don't want to anymore. Well last night we had a huge talk about it. He opened up to me like he never has before. He told me things about himself that I never knew. He said he has major self esteam issues because he always felt like no one wanted him and that he would be a virgin forever, and them I came along and he doesn't want that to go away. He also feels like having sex with me is the only way he can prove his love. I told him that it's not, that I know he loves me even if we dont have sex, but he didint seam to understand that concept. He like had a panick attack about all of this last night and I couldnt stand to see him hurting like that so I told him we could keep having sex. I dont want to though, I want to do what God wants for me.

I really want up to pursue God together but I dont think Casey is at that point in his life right now. I've been praying about this but I'm still waiting for an answer.

Well anyways, I coould go on forever about our talk and just about our relationship in general, but I wont. I would just really appreciate some good christian advice. I know most people would tell me that I shouldnt be with a guy that's going to pressure me but I love him with all my heart and we've been though everything together. I dont know what I'd do without him.

The way I see it, we have 4 options:
1) Break up, but I dont think I could ever do that.
2) Stay togther and try couples councelling at a church, I dont know if Casey would be up for that though.
3) Just pursue God by mayself and keep saying no even though it tears him appart.
4) Elope or something?

I don't know. I'm just so lost right now. But thanks so much for listenign to my rant and helping me. It means so much to me.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Megann*

Jan 8, 2010
Alberta
✟7,658.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
CA-Others
Thank you all for you're advice. I am trying to get more involved in the church and meet new people there but it will take some time.

Some of my issues are big though and they're hindering my relationship with my boyfriend and with God. I would really like some immediate advice. I have posted my problem on this page. Thanks so much everyone =)

And thanks for those scriptures. They really helped!

Upvote 0