"Social Justice" taking over our churches?

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Maybe it's just inside of CBF, but there seems to be a rather alarming trend, from out of the seminaries and into the churches, where we find the Word moved aside for the sake of inclusion. Who shall we include? Does anyone wonder if there will come a day when we are forced, via some sort of social change, to let pedophiles work in our church nurseries and lead youth groups? Will molestation cases be normalized for the sake of social justice and acceptance?

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
No, pedophiles will not be working in your church nursery.
Who do you want to exclude that you aren't allowed to exclude?

It does not seem to me any church, that I am aware of, is following any semblance of Paul's instruction in 1 Corinthians 5, and therefore no opportunity to bring repentance found in Paul's further instruction on the subject according to 2 Corinthians 2.

• Agree
Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0

Emsmom1

Nov 6, 2019
Los Angeles
✟41,441.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
98cwitr: are you referring to this verse: 11 But now I am writing to you that you must not associate with anyone who claims to be a brother or sister but is sexually immoral or greedy, an idolater or slanderer, a drunkard or swindler. Do not even eat with such people...

Upvote 0

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
98cwitr: are you referring to this verse: 11 But now I am writing to you that you must not associate with anyone who claims to be a brother or sister but is sexually immoral or greedy, an idolater or slanderer, a drunkard or swindler. Do not even eat with such people...

Not specifically, moreso the entire chapter's premise.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Maybe it's just inside of CBF, but there seems to be a rather alarming trend, from out of the seminaries and into the churches, where we find the Word moved aside for the sake of inclusion. Who shall we include? Does anyone wonder if there will come a day when we are forced, via some sort of social change, to let pedophiles work in our church nurseries and lead youth groups? Will molestation cases be normalized for the sake of social justice and acceptance?
How many businesses today are aimed simply or solely at making money ? Or that's the primary concern ?
(including also, ironically?, religious groups, sites, schools, etc etc etc )

Upvote 0

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
How many businesses today are aimed simply or solely at making money ? Or that's the primary concern ?
(including also, ironically?, religious groups, sites, schools, etc etc etc )

A lot...dare I say the vast majority.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married

What you are speaking of in this post is not social justice and is not what any Christian church advocates.

Upvote 0

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
What you are speaking of in this post is not social justice and is not what any Christian church advocates.

Not yet anyway. I'm a bit forward perceiving myself. It's gonna come to that; there's no doubt in my mind. Not a question of if, but when.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Not yet anyway. I'm a bit forward perceiving myself. It's gonna come to that; there's no doubt in my mind. Not a question of if, but when.
Far worse happened already. Long ago. Thus the sad conditions today.

• Agree
Reactions: 98cwitr
Upvote 0

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Far worse happened already. Long ago. Thus the sad conditions today.

And history is cyclical. Progressivism is coming full circle to bring us back to pagan Rome/Greece.

Upvote 0