Fort Lauderdale
✟23,287.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I’ve been attending the same church for about 8 years and these last few years the social life of the church been getting worst and worst. Im a young man in a single group that is mostly male we got 11 members and 8 are men and 4 are female and only 1 out of the 4 is under 40 and single. The group also takes little to no consideration of my input on things when it comes evangelism or helping the poor or fun activities they would simply tell me we do that sometimes or say there’s another group doing that but they would take other members ideas into full consideration. I voice my disagreements with the church dating culture and they get don’t care to hear my side why and say im the problem not the culture.

QuestionQuest74

Oct 12, 2023
Fort Lauderdale
✟23,287.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Live inside a box long enough and everything outside becomes the enemy and those within are expected to lose sight of the fact. We are to be haters of the ways of mankind, not each other.
What u mean ?

Upvote 0

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟418,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
He means live anywhere long enough you with live to hate it. It’s the same way at my church. I am staying there because I have a ministry that I don’t want to let go of. I’m an usher and I like the preaching of the word. It’s a stable life I guess, like it well enough, more positives. But I’ve been there so long I’m tempted to complain.

I don’t go there for the social life because I feel ignored too. The church has a good rep. I’m growing because it’s all about the word. I did meet my wife there though. Visit other churches and see if there is anybody. But my pastor kicked a guy out who came for the women.

make it about you and Jesus and pray for someone. Look for people who need help and help them. There must be something that’s kept you there.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,482.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Look back to the original church. It was a movement, a community, not an authoritative institution. A community is where people live together as one and of course mingle, commune and find each other. Where is the harm in seeking a life partner within your own community of like minded (and that community extends far beyond your present space). A pot luck is often more in line with the teachings of Jesus than the sermons.

• Agree
Reactions: AlexB23
Upvote 0

Terri Dactyl

Aug 27, 2022
Midwest
✟47,450.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Celibate
I’ve been attending the same church for about 8 years and these last few years the social life of the church been getting worst and worst. Im a young man in a single group that is mostly male we got 11 members and 8 are men and 4 are female and only 1 out of the 4 is under 40 and single. The group also takes little to no consideration of my input on things when it comes evangelism or helping the poor or fun activities they would simply tell me we do that sometimes or say there’s another group doing that but they would take other members ideas into full consideration. I voice my disagreements with the church dating culture and they get don’t care to hear my side why and say im the problem not the culture.
yes, go!. You may be missing out if you don't/ And if you dont like it elsewhere, I'm sure you can always come back

• Agree
Reactions: jacks
Upvote 0

anetazo

Feb 19, 2023
Meriden
✟27,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I'm not knocking churches down. Thiers some decent churches left.
Unfortunately, lot of churches don't get around to teaching God's word. They teach tradition of men and false doctrine.

Control tactics are employed. They even put divorce Christian people on guilt trip, when they repented.

House of God is to obtain knowledge and wisdom of God's word. It's not social function.
In Corinthians chapter 3 . Paul couldn't teach meat of God's word to congregations. They were still on milk.

Meaning, they were spirtualty dead. Biblically illiterate.

Hebrews chapter 5 . After 20 years. Congregation should be teachers of God's word.

The churches failed in their capacity to nourish their flocks. Attendance is more important. Or building projects. Or raffle tickets for money.

Some pastors or reverend are not focused on teaching God's word. This is dead church.

Revelation chapter 3 . The key of David opens doors and closes doors. Spirtual growth is essential. Some churches withholding the truth from people. Or two verse Charlie's keeping congregations on milk bottles.

After 50 years. The congregation is still spirtualty dead.

Christian people are to have knowledge of Gods word. To produce fruit for God. It's sharing Gods truth with others.

God closes doors on those who are biblically illiterate. Thier not qualified for being servant of God. And it's the pastor or priest fault for not preparing the congregation.

Hosea chapter 6 . Be careful what house of God your in. Lot of dead churches. Gilgal is idol worship. Some churches allowed heathen traditions and customs to infiltrate their churches. Get the picture.

I recommend shepherds chapel, pastor dennis murray. He teaches sound doctrine and chapter by chapter. It's on YouTube.

It's your decision.
I hope this helps you.

Upvote 0

Terri Dactyl

Aug 27, 2022
Midwest
✟47,450.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Celibate
I'm not knocking churches down. Thiers some decent churches left.
Unfortunately, lot of churches don't get around to teaching God's word. They teach tradition of men and false doctrine.

Control tactics are employed. They even put divorce Christian people on guilt trip, when they repented.

House of God is to obtain knowledge and wisdom of God's word. It's not social function.
In Corinthians chapter 3 . Paul couldn't teach meat of God's word to congregations. They were still on milk.

Meaning, they were spirtualty dead. Biblically illiterate.

Hebrews chapter 5 . After 20 years. Congregation should be teachers of God's word.

The churches failed in their capacity to nourish their flocks. Attendance is more important. Or building projects. Or raffle tickets for money.

Some pastors or reverend are not focused on teaching God's word. This is dead church.

Revelation chapter 3 . The key of David opens doors and closes doors. Spirtual growth is essential. Some churches withholding the truth from people. Or two verse Charlie's keeping congregations on milk bottles.

After 50 years. The congregation is still spirtualty dead.

Christian people are to have knowledge of Gods word. To produce fruit for God. It's sharing Gods truth with others.

God closes doors on those who are biblically illiterate. Thier not qualified for being servant of God. And it's the pastor or priest fault for not preparing the congregation.

Hosea chapter 6 . Be careful what house of God your in. Lot of dead churches. Gilgal is idol worship. Some churches allowed heathen traditions and customs to infiltrate their churches. Get the picture.

I recommend shepherds chapel, pastor dennis murray. He teaches sound doctrine and chapter by chapter. It's on YouTube.

It's your decision.
I hope this helps you.
I think he wants an in person church. I'm gonna check out the shepherds chapel, though. thanks!

Upvote 0

seeking.IAM

Episcopalian
Site Supporter
Feb 29, 2004
Indiana
✟962,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
If your reason for joining a church is to have a social life, you might be better off joining a co-ed softball league. Granted, finding a partner in church seems a better bet than the internet or a bar, but I suspect the emphasis is on the wrong thing if that's the primary driver for being in church.

Churches are full of fallible people who aren't always at their best. In the words of Nadia Bolz Weber, "We are the church and we will disappoint you."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,349.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Perhaps form a evangelizing group outside of the church. Service is supposed to be a joy .... if it isn't then way partake in it. There are
many ways to serve outside of a church setting.

Upvote 0