Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I think too much emphasis is being placed on the "never" aspect of never dating. What if somebody happens to be surrounded by more suitable partners than somebody else? It happens all the time, and doesn't say much about how capable or worthy of love an individual is.

Although I didn't have my first "real" kiss until college, it wasn't a life-changing thing. Dramatic music didn't play, I didn't see the world differently, and nobody appeared out of the aether to give my a high-five. I was the same kid I was before. She just happened to be a friend of a friend, and there just happened to be mutual attraction between us at the time. The circumstances could easily have been different. She wasn't a horrible person, but there also wasn't enough to build a lasting relationship on. The difference between that sort of thing, and "never" is pretty slim, even if it happens a bunch of times.

Treating dating as a right of passage, or worse yet as a YOLO experience, is misguided in my opinion. That mindset can easily lead to bitterness and disillusionment. For those who conform, and for those who don't. Live your life, and try not to second guess yourself over stuff like this.

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟354,335.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
My biggest obstacle to never having dated is due to being introverted and a homebody and never going out to socialize with others if I'm not either working or running errands. It's something I need to change, which would definitely increase my chances of meeting people and making new friends.
My story also. Dated twice in my whole life and married them but not at the same time. My advice date as much as you can. It's good experience and helps to get you out of yourself. I am old now so I can say these things, having lived so long and learned.
Hope you aren't offended. It is meant to help. If you can't bring yourself to date try to be around lots of people and dating will come.
God bless you.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟300,301.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I have never dated because I don't know What's on my mind and I have problems listening right now, I can't Post a picture of my full face, I don't have Good Vibes, I feel like Starting over and feeling lost, I have doubts on Biblical Manhood, and I have little money to spend.

Upvote 0