So what can we expect from God if we follow him ?

Curiousmind

Nov 17, 2023
Suriname
✟11,783.00
Country
Suriname
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hi,

After observing the life of christians what can we expect from God ?
We all want to expect this from God, we follow him, He blesses us like what the prosperity Gospel teaches, yes God can give us this no doubt, some christian lifes are like this. But when we observe the lives of christians we know it seems not always the case.

Maybe we should expect nothing from God?
Let Him give what He wants and than we deal with it ? Idk ?
Or ask God what you want and see what God will do ? But be realistic, you might not receive what u asked for, at least u asked God ? For example healing, no persecution life, wealth etc whatever you want to ask.

Br,

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟798,283.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
There's thousands of promises in Scripture. The following verses are just a few-

Starting in the OT such as God said to Abram 'And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed." (Gen 12:3)

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." (John 1:1)

In John 14 & 15, Jesus stared numerous promises including God's love:
"Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him." John 14:23
"If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you." (John 15:7)
"These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full." v 11

Overcoming the wicked one, we can put on God's armour:
"Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might. 11 Put on the whole armour of God, ..." Details in Eph 6

Also His Spirit abiding in us - "The one who habitually keeps His commandments [obeying His word and following His precepts, abides and] remains in Him, and He in him. By this we know and have the proof that He [really] abides in us, by the Spirit whom He has given us [as a gift]." (I John 3:24).

God's peace:
"Don’t worry about anything; on the contrary, make your requests known to God by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving. 7 Then God’s shalom, passing all understanding, will keep your hearts and minds safe in union with the Messiah Yeshua." Philippians 4:6-7

Through to Rev which includes "Blessed are the reader and hearers of the words of this prophecy, provided they obey the things written in it! For the time is near!" (Rev 1:3)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,789.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi,

We all want to expect this from God, we follow him, He blesses us like what the prosperity Gospel teaches, yes God can give us this no doubt, some christian lifes are like this. But when we observe the lives of christians we know it seems not always the case.

Or ask God what you want and see what God will do ? But be realistic, you might not receive what u asked for, at least u asked God ? For example healing, no persecution life, wealth etc whatever you want to ask.

Br,
The return of Jesus Christ of Nazareth.
Blessings.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,349.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Hi,

Br,

Hi,

Br,

Romans 5:1-5 tells us that through faith in Jesus Christ, we stand in the grace of God.

Therefore, since we have been justified by faith,
we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.
Through him we have also obtained access by faith
into this grace in which we stand,
and
we rejoice in hope of the glory of God.
Not only that, but we rejoice in [the midst of] our sufferings,
knowing that suffering produces endurance,
and endurance produces character,
and character produces
hope,
and this hope does not put us to shame,
because God’s love has been poured into our hearts
through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us.

A few I can think of ...

We can confidently expect to see and know the glory of God.
We can confidently expect to be strengthened through trial.
We can confidently expect, without shame, to know in our experience His love that is poured into us and out of us.
We can confidently expect that we will be delivered from the sin that grips us, as we trust in the power of Christ for that deliverance.
2 Corinthians 3:18
We can expect transformation in the very areas of our lives where we feel the weakest in our love for God and others.
In faith when we pray for spiritual deliverance, we can expect it. This is the promise of God.

And we all, with unveiled face, beholding the glory of the Lord,
are being transformed into the same image
from one degree of glory to another.
For this comes from the Lord who is the Spirit.

We can expect that ultimately we will be fully transformed and truly be Christ like (sinless) when we are resurrected and live like that for eternity. AMEN!!!

Upvote 0

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟31,111.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
prosperity Gospel teaches,
"Beloved, I pray that you may prosper in all things and be in health, just as your soul prospers" (3 John 2). God loves us to have an abundant life while we live our lives for God on earth. Too many Christians criticize prosperity because they are not prosperous themselves or misinterpret scripture. Maybe God is giving them what they believe or don't ask. I believe that a broke Christian can't bless others without God's money. Throughout the Bible, God instructs us how to be prosperous financially.
But when we observe the lives of christians we know it seems not always the case.
We are only human with our worldviews and egos.
But be realistic, you might not receive what u asked for, at least u asked God ? For example healing, no persecution life, wealth etc whatever you want to ask.
Yes, you have to be realistic. Who am I to question God if I didn't get my little red wagon? But God did provide me the opportunities, and knowledge to create wealth through prayer. God did heal my heart after a heart attack in September. Would anyone like to see my ejection fraction numbers? Praise God!

Proverbs 13:22 says that a good man leaves an inheritance for his grandchildren.
If I had put this in my heart 30 years ago, I would have been a better steward of all the money I wasted back then. This verse became real to me 2 years ago. Now I'm trying to get all I can get to be a good man. Peace

Upvote 0

linux.poet

Electric Nightfall
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2022
Poway
✟204,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
IMG_0220.jpeg

IMG_0221.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: Laodicean60
Upvote 0
Jul 25, 2023
Chennai
✟9,146.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi,

Br,

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Curiousmind

Nov 17, 2023
Suriname
✟11,783.00
Country
Suriname
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The question is why you desire to be rich.
To be able buy a house, a car, provide for your family, send kids to college, to have more freedom to do what you want with your time, 9-5 job, u are not realy free are you ? To help people if they need help, u need money for this sometimes.

• Winner
Reactions: Laodicean60
Upvote 0

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟31,111.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
To help people if they need help, u need money for this sometimes.
If you didn't include this I would disagreed with you. There are a lot of people on the streets and struggling families who could use a helping hand with God's money. Be Blessed and I pray that you may prosper in all things and be in health, just as your soul prospers!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,675.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
To help people if they need help, u need money for this sometimes.
You can expect God to provide enough so you can help people. Of course, He can have you give time and attention and help without needing money.

For a while I lived outside in a city, in order to see how I could help people as their Christian neighbor on the streets. I was to be their example, of how to be and how to love . . . not only trying to get them off the streets. If they got with God, He could take care of where He wanted them.

One day, I was given a bunch of sandwiches. I understood God wanted to bless me so I had enough for others. Plus, like God did with me, I could give someone enough sandwiches so that person could be blessed in giving to someone else. And I met a guy who was so appreciative to have sandwiches, plus he was eager to give them to others. So, I gave him extra so he could be blessed in giving.

Money could not have worked the timing of me getting sandwiches, thinking of enabling someone else to be blessed in giving, then me meeting that guy who wanted to do that.

Another time, I was drying my socks and warming my feet on a steam cover. I got off the cover, but experienced God telling me to stay nearby with my back to the cover, just standing there for some while. Then He turned me around to see an old man on the cover, rocking from one foot to the other. It seemed the man saw me on the cover, and got the idea that he could warm his feet there, too. And keeping my back to him gave him time to warm up before I talked to him.

He spoke only Spanish, said he was "perdido", which I took to mean he was lost. So, I took him to a mission and they got him back with his family.

Money did not guide me to that steam cover, then hold me nearby long enough for him to warm up, and have me knowing just enough Spanish to understand him and get him help.

• Friendly
Reactions: linux.poet
Upvote 0

Fervent

Sep 22, 2020
San jacinto
✟128,942.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi,

Br,
The man who followed Him perfectly had His life ended in a brutal and violent fashion. A servant cannot expect more than their master, so what we can expect from following God is persecution and hatred from the world, and a final vindication. But following Christ isn't about what we get out of it, but because He is the loveliest and most precious thing that exists. Only by forfeiting our lives do we get the blessing of taking up His, but its not as if we can keep our lives anyway.

Reactions: linux.poet
Upvote 0

linux.poet

Electric Nightfall
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2022
Poway
✟204,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
If you didn't include this I would disagreed with you. There are a lot of people on the streets and struggling families who could use a helping hand with God's money. Be Blessed and I pray that you may prosper in all things and be in health, just as your soul prospers!
Sometimes money can also be a shield against people who want to take advantage of you. A lot of my problems with my abusive father would have magically evaporated if I had money. It avoids a lot of wasting time on dealing with hardened and nasty people, and allows you to choose who you are around and with.

Basically, the more money you have, the more power you have to choose your problems and actions that you will take. This can make all the difference in ministry.

Upvote 0

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟31,111.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Sometimes money can also be a shield against people who want to take advantage of you. A lot of my problems with my abusive father would have magically evaporated if I had money. It avoids a lot of wasting time on dealing with hardened and nasty people, and allows you to choose who you are around and with.

Basically, the more money you have, the more power you have to choose your problems and actions that you will take. This can make all the difference in ministry.
I understand what you mean but known abusers can use some of God's love. As Com7 said about being blessed with sandwiches, I've never had that luck but I can buy a couple of fast-food restaurant gift cards and give it to them, in Jesus name. While I was reading his post a thought came to mind to clean out my closet to give to some panhandlers. I have a couple of old work jackets from years back. Peace

Upvote 0

NBB

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟454,820.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The Holy spirit company is more than enough he is God, God is big he created the universe, follow the logic.
When you believe the spirit of God comes to you. then you could be filled with the Holy spirit, all a person needs in this life really

Upvote 0