SO THERE IS NO SCRIPTURE THAT TEACHES GOD'S 4TH COMMANDMENT IS ABOLISHED? THEN WHO SHOULD WE BELIEVE

Status
Not open for further replies.

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I'd also ask you if the Christian is wicked or righteous? 1 Tim 1:9 Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers, The claim is Christians are wicked is because of the claim is made we must observe the law covenant (famous 10). I just quoted Paul saying the law is made for the wicked. Surely no one can claim by Scripture the nation of Israel is known as a righteous group of people. Bottom line I must ask is Christianity or something else being promoted? This section is for Christians only, correct?

Where have I ever posted a Christian is wicked? If I have never said such things why pretend that I have? God's WORD defines very clearly who his people are in the following scriptures *1 JOHN 2:3-4; 1 JOHN 3:3-10; REVELATION 12:17; REVELATION 14:12; REVELATION 22:14. All these descriptions show that God's true people do not practice sin which is breaking God's LAW (10 commandments) because they walk in God's SPIRIT through the operation of God *PHILIPPIANS 2:13; COLOSSIANS 2:12. God's people are all those who BELIEVE and FOLLOW God's WORD. Gods' people do not practice sin. Those who knowingly practice sin do not know God *1 JOHN 2:3-4

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
10 commadments are a part of the Mosaic law, Israel was never given two Laws, its always referred to as one, as THE Law.

God's LAW was written by God and spoken by God alone and was given by God alone being the work of God alone. Gods' ETERNAL LAW (10 commandments) was written with the finger of GOD on two tables of stone and called Gods' LAW *NEHEMIAH 10:29. God's ETERNAL LAW is not the MOSAIC BOOK of the law written by MOSES *DEUTERONOMY 31:24-25; EXODUS 24:7.

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Some of us don't follow blind men because we don't like the ditch.

JESUS says;

JOHN 9:39-41
[39], And Jesus said, For judgment I am come into this world, that they which see not might see; and that they which see might be made blind.
[40], And some of the Pharisees which were with him heard these words, and said to him, Are we blind also?
[41], Jesus said to them, If you were blind, you should have no sin: but now you say, We see; therefore your sin remains.

MATTHEW 13:13-14
[13] Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand.
[14]And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which said, By hearing you shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing you shall see, and shall not perceive:

Also JESUS says;

MATTHEW 9:12-13
[12], But when Jesus heard that, he said to them, They that be whole need not a physician, but they that are sick.
[13], But go you and learn what that means, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

What do you think these scriptures are teaching?

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
To perfectly love is to look after widows and orphans according to James. Perfect love towards widows and orphans is the very pinnacle of a perfect faith.

Afflicting widows and orphans is a profound sin to commit, neglecting widows and orphans is the very essence of sin.

If you want a perfect and righteous faith look after the needy and especially the weakest you can find. I cannot think of a more neglected member of society than an orphan.

That is what James said in his letter.

Your post has nothing to do with what you are quoting from which was two scripture references; ACTS 17:30-31 and JAMES 4:17. Do you know what they mean?

Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟149,723.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
God's LAW was written by God and spoken by God alone and was given by God alone being the work of God alone. Gods' ETERNAL LAW (10 commandments) was written with the finger of GOD on two tables of stone and called Gods' LAW *NEHEMIAH 10:29. God's ETERNAL LAW is not the MOSAIC BOOK of the law written by MOSES *DEUTERONOMY 31:24-25; EXODUS 24:7.

Hope this helps.
There is no such division.
All 5 books of Moses (10 commadments included) are one Law.

Hope this helps ;-)

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I'd also ask you if the Christian is wicked or righteous? 1 Tim 1:9 Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers, The claim is Christians are wicked is because of the claim is made we must observe the law covenant (famous 10). I just quoted Paul saying the law is made for the wicked. Surely no one can claim by Scripture the nation of Israel is known as a righteous group of people. Bottom line I must ask is Christianity or something else being promoted? This section is for Christians only, correct?

Where have I ever posted a Christian is wicked? If I have never said such things why pretend that I have? God's WORD defines very clearly who his people are in the following scriptures *1 JOHN 2:3-4; 1 JOHN 3:3-10; REVELATION 12:17; REVELATION 14:12; REVELATION 22:14. All these descriptions show that God's true people do not practice sin which is breaking God's LAW (10 commandments) because they walk in God's SPIRIT through the operation of God *PHILIPPIANS 2:13; COLOSSIANS 2:12. God's people are all those who BELIEVE and FOLLOW God's WORD. Gods' people do not practice sin. Those who knowingly practice sin do not know God *1 JOHN 2:3-4

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
There is no such division.
All 5 books of Moses (10 commadments included) are one Law.
Hope this helps ;-)

Of course there is division that is why GOD told MOSES to separate His ETERNAL LAW (10 commandments) from the MOSAIC BOOK of the law in the ARK of the COVENANT. Do you want to discuss it? Happy to share the scriptures with you.

Hope this helps :)

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
A servant is anything that does the bidding of another. The reality is the person who runs the generator so one can buy electricity is their servant. If the generator isn't running there is no electricity.

Read the scripture you are quoting from (within thy gates) *EXODUS 20:8-11. It seems you haven't

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
You give man’s teaching. I point people to the gospel, not the burdensome yolk you try to put on people.

Really, then you should be able to prove it with God's WORD. Where is the scripture that says God's 4th commandment is abolished and we are now commanded to keep Sunday as a Holy day? The burden is sin. God's LAW in the NEW COVENANT gives us the knowledge of what SIN is *ROMANS 3:20.

God bless.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟149,723.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Of course there is that is why GOD told MOSES to separate His ETERNAL LAW (10 commandments) from the MOSAIC BOOK of the law in the ARK of the COVENANT. Do you want to discuss it? Happy to share the scriptures with you.

Hope this helps :)
Neither Jesus, nor Jews nor first Christians ever made such distinction, its just something you want to find there to justify your theological position.
So it would not be useful to discuss it.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Neither Jesus, nor Jews nor first Christians ever made such distinction, its just something you want to find there to justify your theological position. So it would not be useful to discuss it.

Ok friend you go first please provide your scriptures where you state that Jesus, nor Jews nor first Christians ever made such distinction. What is PAUL talking about in ROMANS 13:8-10; ROMANS 6:1-23 and JAMES talking about in JAMES 2:10-11; JESUS in MARK 10:17-21?

Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟149,723.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Ok friend you go first please provide your scriptures where you state that Jesus, nor Jews nor first Christians ever made such distinction. What is PAUL talking about in ROMANS 13:8-10 and JAMES talking about in JAMES 2:10-11?
You cannot prove a negative statement, you can prove only positive statements.
So, you must prove they made such distinction.

Romanst 13:8-10 is saying that if you love, you fullfill all moral commandments of the old Law. Because if you love somebody, you will not take his wife, his things etc.

The new way - love - is higher than the old one - written code.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
You cannot prove a negative statement, you can prove only positive statements.
So, you must prove they made such distinction.

Romanst 13:8-10 is saying that if you love, you fullfill all moral commandments of the old Law.

Of course you can. You made a statement saying that Jesus, nor Jews nor first Christians ever made such distinctions. Yet you were provided a few of many scriptures showing JESUS and the APOSTLES did make distingtions.

Jesus

MATTHEW 19:16-19
16. And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life? 17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? [there is] none good but one, [that is], God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments. 18 He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, 19 Honour thy father and [thy] mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

Paul

ROMANS 13:8-10
8. Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.
9. For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if [there be] any other commandment, it is briefly summed up in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
10. Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love [is] the fulfilling of the law.

Jesus

MATTHEW 22:36-40
[36] Master, which is the great commandment in the law?
[37], Jesus said to him, You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind.
[38], This is the first and great commandment.
[39], And the second is like to it, You shall love your neighbor as yourself.
[40], On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

Jesus is quoting from Deuteronomy 6:5 and Leviticus 19:18 of the OLD TESTAMENT BTW.

Kind of not going your way is it.

God bless.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟149,723.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Of course you can. You made a statement saying that Jesus, nor Jews nor first Christians ever made such distinction. Yet you were provided a few of many scriptures showing JESUS and the APOSTLES did make distingtions.

Jesus

MATTHEW 19:16-19
16. And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life? 17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? [there is] none good but one, [that is], God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments. 18 He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, 19 Honour thy father and [thy] mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

Paul

ROMANS 13:8-10
8. Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.
9. For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if [there be] any other commandment, it is briefly summed up in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
10. Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love [is] the fulfilling of the law.

JESUS

MATTHEW 22:36-40
[36] Master, which is the great commandment in the law?
[37], Jesus said to him, You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind.
[38], This is the first and great commandment.
[39], And the second is like to it, You shall love your neighbor as yourself.
[40], On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

Jesus is quoting from Deuteronomy 6:5 and Leviticus 19:18 of the OLD TESTAMENT BTW.

Kind of not going your way is it.

God bless.

Jesus came as man under the Law to buy us out from the Law. John the baptist was the last prophet of the old Law.
You are loosing focus and context, thats why you are confused with various verses. You think that the more verses you will collect from different contexts together, the stronger is your case, but you are wrong.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Jesus came as man under the Law to buy us out from the Law. John the baptist was the last prophet of the old Law.
You are loosing focus and context, thats why you are confused with various verses.

Well that is not true. I have only provided the context you are leaving out. God's WORD in both the OLD and NEW COVENANT scriptures do not teach lawlessness as demonstrated here click me. Gods LAW is ESTABLSIHED in all those who BELIEVE and FOLLOW God's WORD and have been BORN AGAIN through faith to LOVE *ROMANS 3:31; 1 JOHN 3:3-10; ROMANS 13:8-10 according to the NEW COVENANT promise *HEBREWS 8:10-12

God bless.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟149,723.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well that is not true. I have only provided the context you are leaving out. God's WORD in both the OLD and NEW COVENANT scriptures do not teach lawlessness as demonstrated here click me. Gods LAW is ESTABLSIHED in all those who BELIEVE and FOLLOW God's WORD and have been BORN AGAIN to LOVE *ROMANS 3:31; 1 JOHN 3:3-10; ROMANS 13:8-10.

God bless.
The Law and prophets end with John the Baptist:
"The Law and the Prophets were until John; since then the good news of the kingdom of God is preached, and everyone forces his way into it."
Lk 16:16

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The Law and prophets end with John the Baptist:
"The Law and the Prophets were until John; since then the good news of the kingdom of God is preached, and everyone forces his way into it."Lk 16:16

You are confused here brother. Let's look at the scriptures of LUKE 16:16 again in CONTEXT and compare it to the PARALLEL Gospel of MATTHEW 5:17-32. Let's start by adding the CONTEXT back in that you leave out. Then we will look at the same scriptures spoken of in MATTHEW 5.

LUKE 16:16-18
[16], THE LAW AND THE PROPHETS WERE UNTIL JOHN: SINCE THE KINGDOM OF GOD IS PREACHES EVERY MAN PRESSES INTO IT.
[17], And IT IS EASIER FOR HEAVEN AND EARTH TO PASS THEN FOR ONE JOT OR TITTLE of the law to FAIL

NOTE: v16 is in reference to the LAW AND THE PROPHETS. This is a direct reference to the SHADOW laws from the MOSAIC BOOK of the COVENANT that all pointed to JESUS as the coming of the MESSIAH. This was shown in the earlthy SANCTURY services SIN OFFERINGS and Levitical Priesthood. This is outlined in the OLD and NEW TESTAMENT scriptures for example in DAINEL 9:24-27; ISAIAH 7:14; ISAIAH 9:6; MICAH 5:2; ZECHARIAH 9:9; PSALM 22:16-18; ISAIAH 53; PSALM 41:9. The MOSAIC Shadow laws are outmined here in HEBREWS 7; HEBREWS 8; HEBREWS 9 and HEBREWS 10. We will prove this further as we look at the scripture context

For example of JESUS it was written in ISAIAH 42:21 The LORD is well pleased for his righteousness' sake; HE WILL MAGNIFY THE LAW AND MAKE IY HONORABLE. The very next verse in LUKE 16:18 says...

[18], Whoever puts away his wife, and marries another, commits adultery: and whoever marries her that is put away from her husband commits adultery.

If your view is correct and there was no more God's LAW (10 Commandments) why is JESUS teaching about ADULTERY?

Let's look now to the PARALLEL Gospel of MATTHEW to contnue looking at the prophecy of ISAIAH 42:21. HE WILL MAGNIFY THE LAW AND MAKE IY HONORABLE.

MATTHEW 5:17-22
[17], THIINK NOT THAT I AM COME TO DESTROY THE LAW AND THE PROPHETS I HAVE NOT COME TO DESTROY BUT TO FULFIL.
[18], For truly I say to you, TILL HEAVEN AND EARTH PASS ONE JOT OR TITTLE SHALL IN NO WISE PASS FROM THE LAW TILL ALL BE FULFILLED
[19], WHOSEVER SHALL BREAK ONE OF THE LEAST OF THESE COMMANDMENTS AND SHALL TEACH MEN SO, SHALL BE CALLED LEAST IN THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN.
[20], FOR I SAY UNTO YOU THAT UNLESS YOUR RIGHTEOUSNESS SHALL EXCEED THE RIGHTOUESNESS OF THE SCRIBES AND PHARISEES YOU SHALL IN NO WISE ENTER INTO THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN.
[21], You have heard that it was said of them of old time, YOU SHALL NOT KILL; and whoever shall kill shall be in danger of the judgment:
[22], But I say to you, That WHOESEVER IS ANGRY WITH HIS BROTHER WITHOUT CAUSE WILL BE IN FANGER OF THE JUDGEMENT: and whoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whoever shall say, You fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

MATTHEW 5:27-28
[27], YOU HAVE HEARD THAT IT WAS SAID BY THEM OF OLD TIME, YOU SHALL NOT COMMIT ADULTERY: [28], BUT I SAY UNTO YOU, THAT WHOSEVER LOOKS ON A WOMAN TO LUST AFTER HER HAS ALREADY COMMITTED ADULTERY WITH HER IN HIS HEART.

and in..

MATTHEW 5:31-32
[31], It has been said, Whoever shall put away his wife, let him give her a writing of divorce:
[32], But I say unto you, That whoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causes her to commit adultery: and whoever shall marry her that is divorced commits adultery.

Once again can you see your error here brother? If there was no more of God's LAW (10 Commandments then why is JESUS teaching them? Not only is JESUS teaching them he is magnifying them according to the Prophecy of him in ISAIAH 42:21. HE WILL MAGNIFY THE LAW AND MAKE IY HONORABLE.

JESUS came to magnify the LAW from the INSIDE OUT quoting MATTHEW 5:17-32 (thoughts and feelings) in fulfillment of *ISAIAH 42:21. This is to show that unless our RIGHTOUESNESS EXCEEDS the RIGHTOUESNESS of the Scribes and Pharisees we can in no way enter into the KINGDOM of HEAVEN. Jesus is saying the problem runs deeper then outward observance to the 10 Commandments. EVIL begins in the HEART. BREAKING GOD's 10 COMMANDMENTS from the heart defile a man *MATTHEW 15:18-19. JESUS is saying we can be outwardly perfect and blameless like the Scribes and Pharisee but inwardly like dead mans bones *MATTHEW 23:27-28.

JESUS magnified the LAW to the INSIDE OUT. To show us that we are all sinners in need of a Saviour and that sin originates in the HEART (thoughts and feelings). That is why we have the NEW COVENANT promise to LOVE and need to be BORN AGAIN by Faith in God's WORD for salvation to be free from SIN (breaking any one of God's 10 commandments) *HEBREWS 8:10-12; 1 JOHN 3:3-10.

When JESUS is talking about LAW AND THE PROPHETS was until JOHN is that the SHADOW laws from the MOSAIC BOOK of the law and prophets all pointed to JESUS. These are not GOD's ETERNAL LAW (10 commandments) that give us the KNOWLEDGE of GOOD and EVIL; SIN and RIGHTOUESNESS *ROMANS 3:20; ROMANS 7:7; 1 JOHN 3:4; PSALMS 119:172. This is proven in the next verses LUKE 16:17-18 and the PARALLEL Gospels of MATTHEW 5:17-32 and all through the NEW TESTAMENT scriptures (Need more scripture? click me)

Can you see your error of interpretation here brother? You left out the context of the scripture you quoted which disagree with the parallel Gospel scriptures.

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟149,723.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You are confused here brother. Let's look at the scriptures of LUKE 16:16 again in CONTEXT and compare it to the PARALLEL Gospel of MATTHEW 5:17-32. Let's start by adding the CONTEXT back in that you leave out. Then we will look at the same scriptures spoken of in MATTHEW 5.

LUKE 16:16-18
[16], THE LAW AND THE PROPHETS WERE UNTIL JOHN: SINCE THE KINGDOM OF GOD IS PREACHES EVERY MAN PRESSES INTO IT.
[17], And IT IS EASIER FOR HEAVEN AND EARTH TO PASS THEN FOR ONE JOT OR TITTLE of the law to FAIL

NOTE: v16 is in reference to the LAW AND THE PROPHETS. This is a direct reference to the SHADOW laws from the MOSAIC BOOK of the COVENANT that all pointed to JESUS as the coming of the MESSIAH. This was shown in the earlthy SANCTURY services SIN OFFERINGS and Levitical Priesthood. This is outlined in the OLD and NEW TESTAMENT scriptures for example in DAINEL 9:24-27; ISAIAH 7:14; ISAIAH 9:6; MICAH 5:2; ZECHARIAH 9:9; PSALM 22:16-18; ISAIAH 53; PSALM 41:9. The MOSAIC Shadow laws are outmined here in HEBREWS 7; HEBREWS 8; HEBREWS 9 and HEBREWS 10. We will prove this further as we look at the scripture context

For example of JESUS it was written in ISAIAH 42:21 The LORD is well pleased for his righteousness' sake; HE WILL MAGNIFY THE LAW AND MAKE IY HONORABLE. The very next verse in LUKE 16:18 says...

[18], Whoever puts away his wife, and marries another, commits adultery: and whoever marries her that is put away from her husband commits adultery.

If your view is correct and there was no more God's LAW (10 Commandments) why is JESUS teaching about ADULTERY?

Let's look now to the PARALLEL Gospel of MATTHEW to contnue looking at the prophecy of ISAIAH 42:21. HE WILL MAGNIFY THE LAW AND MAKE IY HONORABLE.

MATTHEW 5:17-22
[17], THIINK NOT THAT I AM COME TO DESTROY THE LAW AND THE PROPHETS I HAVE NOT COME TO DESTROY BUT TO FULFIL.
[18], For truly I say to you, TILL HEAVEN AND EARTH PASS ONE JOT OR TITTLE SHALL IN NO WISE PASS FROM THE LAW TILL ALL BE FULFILLED
[19], WHOSEVER SHALL BREAK ONE OF THE LEAST OF THESE COMMANDMENTS AND SHALL TEACH MEN SO, SHALL BE CALLED LEAST IN THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN.
[20], FOR I SAY UNTO YOU THAT UNLESS YOUR RIGHTEOUSNESS SHALL EXCEED THE RIGHTOUESNESS OF THE SCRIBES AND PHARISEES YOU SHALL IN NO WISE ENTER INTO THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN.
[21], You have heard that it was said of them of old time, YOU SHALL NOT KILL; and whoever shall kill shall be in danger of the judgment:
[22], But I say to you, That WHOESEVER IS ANGRY WITH HIS BROTHER WITHOUT CAUSE WILL BE IN FANGER OF THE JUDGEMENT: and whoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whoever shall say, You fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

MATTHEW 5:27-28
[27], YOU HAVE HEARD THAT IT WAS SAID BY THEM OF OLD TIME, YOU SHALL NOT COMMIT ADULTERY: [28], BUT I SAY UNTO YOU, THAT WHOSEVER LOOKS ON A WOMAN TO LUST AFTER HER HAS ALREADY COMMITTED ADULTERY WITH HER IN HIS HEART.

and in..

MATTHEW 5:31-32
[31], It has been said, Whoever shall put away his wife, let him give her a writing of divorce:
[32], But I say unto you, That whoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causes her to commit adultery: and whoever shall marry her that is divorced commits adultery.

Once again can you see your error here brother? If there was no more of God's LAW (10 Commandments then why is JESUS teaching them? Not only is JESUS teaching them he is magnifying them according to the Prophecy of him in ISAIAH 42:21. HE WILL MAGNIFY THE LAW AND MAKE IY HONORABLE.

JESUS came to magnify the LAW from the INSIDE OUT quoting MATTHEW 5:17-32 (thoughts and feelings) in fulfillment of *ISAIAH 42:21. This is to show that unless our RIGHTOUESNESS EXCEEDS the RIGHTOUESNESS of the Scribes and Pharisees we can in no way enter into the KINGDOM of HEAVEN. Jesus is saying the problem runs deeper then outward observance to the 10 Commandments. EVIL begins in the HEART. BREAKING GOD's 10 COMMANDMENTS from the heart defile a man *MATTHEW 15:18-19. JESUS is saying we can be outwardly perfect and blameless like the Scribes and Pharisee but inwardly like dead mans bones *MATTHEW 23:27-28.

JESUS magnified the LAW to the INSIDE OUT. To show us that we are all sinners in need of a Saviour and that sin originates in the HEART (thoughts and feelings). That is why we have the NEW COVENANT promise to LOVE and need to be BORN AGAIN by Faith in God's WORD for salvation to be free from SIN (breaking any one of God's 10 commandments) *HEBREWS 8:10-12; 1 JOHN 3:3-10.

When JESUS is talking about LAW AND THE PROPHETS was until JOHN is that the SHADOW laws from the MOSAIC BOOK of the law and prophets all pointed to JESUS. These are not GOD's ETERNAL LAW (10 commandments) that give us the KNOWLEDGE of GOOD and EVIL; SIN and RIGHTOUESNESS *ROMANS 3:20; ROMANS 7:7; 1 JOHN 3:4; PSALMS 119:172. This is proven in the next verses LUKE 16:17-18 and the PARALLEL Gospels of MATTHEW 5:17-32 and all through the NEW TESTAMENT scriptures (Need more scripture? click me)

Can you see your error of interpretation here brother? You left out the context of the scripture you quoted which disagree with the parallel Gospel scriptures.

Hope this helps.
You are unable to focus on one verse and to understand it in its context. You are always trying to "wash it away" with your pre-prepared list of verses.

Thats why you are so unsuccesful in converting others to follow your ideas... You must slow down and allow people to discuss with you step by step. When you did not "win" the first step, you cannot move to another one.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.