• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

SO THERE IS NO SCRIPTURE THAT TEACHES GOD'S 4TH COMMANDMENT IS ABOLISHED? THEN WHO SHOULD WE BELIEVE

Discussion in 'Sabbath and The Law' started by LoveGodsWord, Mar 19, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. klutedavid

klutedavid Well-Known Member

+2,122
    Non-Denom
    Single
    Not saved only if they know that breaking the Sabbath is a sin.

2. NBB

NBB Well-Known Member

+470
    Uruguay
    Christian
    Single
    Do you believe that?
    It doesn't make sense, if they believe that, then don't tell anyone about the sabbath so they are saved without keeping it.... very rational no?

3. LoveGodsWord

LoveGodsWord Well-Known Member

+1,022
    Australia
    SDA
    Married
    JAMES 4:17; ACTS 17:30-31

4. klutedavid

+2,122
    Non-Denom
    Single
    That is your interpretation LGW, that is not what John is talking about. How do I know this?

James 1:27
    Pure and undefiled religion in the sight of our God and Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their distress, and to keep oneself unstained by the world.

Your ceremonial law is as follows.

Exodus 22:22
    You shall not afflict any widow or orphan.

You ignore this sin because you call it a ceremonial law and not a moral law. You do not see this as a commandment and so you reject the welfare and the justice, that orphans and widows deserve.

James says that perfect religion is looking after widows and orphans. You say perfect religion is resting on Saturday because that is the name of your church. You only ever really talk about one commandment.

This commandment above (Exodus 22:22) that God gave to Israel is not in your list of your ten commandments. The gravity of afflicting widows and orphans is under valued by your church, the fact that you never even mention it is astounding.

Pure and undefiled religion in the sight of our God and Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their distress...

5. klutedavid

+2,122
    Non-Denom
    Single
    I'm not under the written law of Mt Sinai, so in my eyes their interpretation is void. I am under the teaching that the apostles gave to the churches in Acts 15.

I follow the commandments given by the apostle Paul and the apostle John.

I do not confuse the written law given to Israel with the commandments given to the Gentiles.

That is what they teach, once you have been told that breaking the Sabbath is sin, then you are unrighteous.

They are the only true church and all other churches are deceived. That is an old line but still in use today for some reason.

They teach that we will endure an investigative judgement, our sins stack up. Especially repeated failure to obey that fourth commandment.

6. klutedavid

+2,122
    Non-Denom
    Single
    To perfectly love is to look after widows and orphans according to James. Perfect love towards widows and orphans is the very pinnacle of a perfect faith.

Afflicting widows and orphans is a profound sin to commit, neglecting widows and orphans is the very essence of sin.

If you want a perfect and righteous faith look after the needy and especially the weakest you can find. I cannot think of a more neglected member of society than an orphan.

That is what James said in his letter.

7. ace of hearts

ace of hearts Well-Known Member

+993
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    A servant is anything that does the bidding of another. The reality is the person who runs the generator so one can buy electricity is their servant. If the generator isn't running there is no electricity.

8. ace of hearts

+993
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    I thought so.;)

9. ace of hearts

+993
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    Not by Gen 2.

10. ace of hearts

+993
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    That's the main problem with rose garden religion. They only think about the bloom. They never think about what causes those lovely blooms. I don't think there's a rose gardener that hasn't been stuck by one of those thorns.

11. ace of hearts

+993
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    Did you say discussion?

12. ace of hearts

+993
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    Yes we do.

13. ace of hearts

+993
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    Only if you have no regard for a day.

14. Hammster

Hammster Tetelestai Staff Member Site Advisor Supporter

+13,546
    United States
    Reformed
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    You give man’s teaching. I point people to the gospel, not the burdensome yolk you try to put on people.

15. ace of hearts

+993
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    Yes we do.

16. ace of hearts

+993
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    Evidently not.

17. ace of hearts

+993
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    Exactly!

18. ace of hearts

+993
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    What is this unrepentant sin you vaguely refer to?

19. RexHall

RexHall New Member

+1
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private
    Not true. There are many groups in this present time as well as in the past who worship on the Sabbath and follow the Ten Commandments such as the Seventh Day Baptists, the Messianics, some non-denominationals ect.

20. myst33

myst33 Well-Known Member

+485
    Czech Republic
    Christian
    Single
    But these groups are totally insignificant in numbers or regarding general Christianity.

They are like flat eathers - loud, visible, but insignificant, ignored (or laughed at) by the rest.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.