United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm already in the dark...
This may not be a bad place to be.

Matthew 4:16
The people which sat in darkness saw great light; and to them which sat in the region and shadow of death light is sprung up.

Sometimes we have to come to the conclusion that man can teach us what to believe, while God can make us Know the truth.

James 1:5
If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.

John 8:32
And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I'm already in the dark...

Everyone starts out in darkness. Jesus is the light. Christian Forums isn't the light. Jesus is!

Matthew 11
28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

John 10
4 And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.
5 And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers.

Read the Bible every day. Those are God's words.

Psalm 119
11 Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.

God bless!

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Everyone starts out in darkness. Jesus is the light. Christian Forums isn't the light. Jesus is!

Matthew 11
28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

John 10
4 And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.
5 And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers.

Read the Bible every day. Those are God's words.

Psalm 119
11 Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.

God bless!
I also love John's First Epistle's contribution on light and darkness, walking in light and darkness, and fellowship.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 person
Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You can come out of the dark if you want to. You don't have to stay there. You can CHOOSE to come into the light.
It's 'the inheritance of the saints in light' (Paul to the Colossians) and the Lord Jesus by his work at the Cross is pleased for His people to enter into it! :)

Upvote 0

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,812.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
How else do I come into the light? I read the bible and I'm always giving my heart to God...and asking him to help me...
You are doing well.
We must trust and have faith in our Lord and Savior and when things start to happen, Luke 21:25-27, then look up, for your redemption is nigh!
All we are told to do, on the forthcoming Day of the Lord; is to call upon His Name and we will be saved. Joel 2:32, Acts of the Apostles 2:21

Upvote 0

Waterwerx

Jul 14, 2016
Hazleton, PA
✟63,759.00
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Single
:-/ I will just stop reading ...

Or start with the basics. Invest in a Strong's Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible and a New King James Bible(preferably a Thompson's Chain Reference) if you don't already have one. Other good reading material for delving further into the Scripture: "Lectures in Systematic Theology" by H. C. Thiessen, which you can read here:
http://media.sabda.org/alkitab-2/PDF Books/00045 Thiessen Lectures in Systematic Theology.pdf

It might take a minute or two for it to load in your browser and you can download the pdf file. It's a 454 page book counting the index and bibliography, and about 8 chapters are dedicated to eschatology.

*I forgot to mention, it is considered "old school", but it is unadulterated by the current events. The more important things are the concepts taught and how a systematic approach to the Scripture is made. After the Bible, it was one of the next books I read.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why are there so much confusion on these forums? Geeez what are you people talking about? Some of the stuff on here don't even make sense. It gives me a headache to read all of these stuff. Where does that stuff come from?

Should witness to your heart and show you that every man is a liar and only He the great I AM the God of Abraham Issac and Jacob.. the God of the Christians. Where Yeshua.. died for the worlds sins. That only HE is true. :)

Jesus is real. For God so loved the world that He gave His only son. So all that believe will not tasted death but live forever. And He never came to condemn the world but to save it. So.. we seek the kingdom of GOD 1st and HIS righteousness. Then all these things WILL be added unto us.

So much confusion in this world and even here. So.. JESUS IS REAL! Only HE is the WAY the TRUTH and the LIVE! So.. seek HIM! Follow HIM! He is REAL! And just read His word and believe. Its wise to listen to others and study..in the end.. its HIM alone. If HE says it.. then believe it. Not what man tells you GOD is really saying or to whom GOD is really talking. For.. that WORD was written for YOU! He came for YOU! As if YOU were the only one that would ever believe. WOW RIGHT. WHAT LOVE He has for YOU! Just believe..

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
How else do I come into the light? I read the bible and I'm always giving my heart to God...and asking him to help me...

Then you need to discern truth from error by the Holy Spirit's leading. If you read something that sounds confusing, search the scriptures. You can't know all true doctrine in a day, a week, or a year.

2 Timothy 2
15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Don't become discouraged that you don't understand everything at once. Just keep studying. You are doing the RIGHT :clap: thing to keep asking God for help!

Upvote 0

Anguspure

Kaitiaki Peacemakers NZ
Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2011
New Zealand
✟125,935.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Why are there so much confusion on these forums? Geeez what are you people talking about? Some of the stuff on here don't even make sense. It gives me a headache to read all of these stuff. Where does that stuff come from?
I'm confused anyways! At least some of the time that is, or maybe a little bit of the time. No dxxn it! All of the time I am so very confused.
The headache, ohhhhh LORDY! The headache, from all the confusion oh my dear, that headache is soooo bad, from all that confusion. I hardly know what I am talkin' about. Ohh that confusing headache talking thing. Don't know whether I should read anything at all.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Vicomte13

Jan 6, 2016
Westport, Connecticut
✟93,837.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm just so confused. I don't know what to believe anymore.

Well then, let me help by telling you what I believe, in great detail, over multiple posts. You should believe that. Obviously, because I do!

Upvote 0

Dirk1540

Site Supporter
Sep 19, 2015
Jersey
✟778,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I don't know..just some stuff don't make sense..do these people really believe what they are actually saying....
Hmm, you sound an awful lot like the Antichrist!! Lol

Upvote 0

Jenniferdiana

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
louisiana
✟174,739.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well then, let me help by telling you what I believe, in great detail, over multiple posts. You should believe that. Obviously, because I do!
Sorry..i don't understand

• Haha
Reactions: Vicomte13
Upvote 0