So I was watching this young preacher online and...

Truthfrees

Site Supporter
May 20, 2015
✟277,188.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Sorry whats SOP?

Well if we look in the Bible revival is what happens when God says to dry bones make these bones live. The dead become alive. Its Lazarus awakening from his sleep. In spiritual terms its us throwing off our graveclothes, where we were once bound, now we are free.

I agree with what aiki wrote.

As for whole church revival, well one cant have it without repentence. Sometimes groups of people will fast and pray, then revival happens after that. I dont know too much about other churches talking about revival as in predicting its coming for everybody without actually repenting. Ive never seen it happen like its been reported, but then i havent been a christian that long. I have seen weird happenings in some churches eg where people get pushed over by the preacher, and i just think thats false. Well I know its false, because they actually do forcibly push you.
SOP is Statement of Purpose, which are the additional rules for each specific forum.

All of Christian Forums has to follow the Christian Forums sitewide Rules: http://www.christianforums.com/help/rules/

Each specific forum also has to follow the specific ADDITIONAL rules found stickied at the top of each forum's list of stickied threads.

The title is usually highlighted in red in the top of each forum's list of threads.

:wave:

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
but what has SOP got to do with the thread.
The thread isn't specifically asking about baptists..is it?

I don't recall baptists churches making a big thing of revival like other churches 'prophecy' for their church or nation. Of course for local churches we pray for them, even if they aren't baptist.

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
is it because OP identifies as baptist on their avatar?
Mine just has christian. I don't know how to change it or whether that means I can't post in any other forums faith groups if I'm change it.
Unless this question is being copied to every other group...? Its a general question.

Upvote 0

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
is it because OP identifies as baptist on their avatar?
Mine just has christian. I don't know how to change it or whether that means I can't post in any other forums faith groups if I'm change it.
Unless this question is being copied to every other group...? Its a general question.

I sent you a PM. Let's not get this thread off topic :)

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Well next time, please make it clear when you put a mod thing on a post, so that others know what you are talking about. Not all of us know what those abbreviations mean.

OP could have posed this question in any other forum I'm just saying...but it makes sense if she's baptist to put it in the baptist forum. Others who replied before it was moved gave good answers anyway.

anyway. continue.
I said my bit above.

Upvote 0

mikedsjr

Master Newbie
Aug 7, 2014
Fort Worth,Tx
✟17,192.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
The Unites States has had several in its short history. They were called Great Awakenings.

And what percentage of people by the 1800s were calling themselves Christian?

(Assuming you answer correctly)
So how great was that Great Awakening?

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,259.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
And what percentage of people by the 1800s were calling themselves Christian?

(Assuming you answer correctly)
So how great was that Great Awakening?
Are you counting adherence or simply saying you're Christian?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums