So Bitter and Resentful... I'm numb to my wife!

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Razzle - I'm sorry, I'm not excluding you at all, I just saw your post. I will say this about it, there is no question to be answered, so don't say I'm not getting the answer that I want, what I'm not getting is simple reactionary responses. Which brings me to Tropical.
that was the reactionary response, both when my husband was into inappropriate content and when his work schedule hindered sexual relations. I've lived both of those, no hypothetical there, that is how it went down. Loads of discussion, looking at the options, then he had to decide for himself.
Tropical - the experiment has become so twisted, I'm not about to waste time unraveling what just took place in your last comment. You have to stop thinking about the way your husband 'is' and respond to the husband that I painted. There is a reason that you cannot think of the real him. You're responding with thoughts of the real him in a fake scenario and you can't do that. All you have to do is read the scenario, respond naturally as to your reactions, concerns, responses, questions, feelings, etc. toward the husband on your screen. You can't mix the two husbands... your real one and this one. Yes, picture the painted husband as your own, but not your actual husband. You're saying things like, "well, you're saying this, and my husband would never because of that, and my husband and I do this, so naturally that," and so on, when the objective is to look at the husband on the screen and say, "ok... if 'this guy' is my husband, then this or that would make me feel, respond, ask this/that," etc....does that make sense?
actually, I thought her answers were very honest and straight forward.
Goodspeed - this is precisely what has 85% of my "feelings" associated with this whole ordeal, on lock! I keep trying to explain, which in parallel to your statement, I made back some pages ago, that yes, I want to be sexually attracted to my wife, but what has caused the bitterness and frustration is her attitude toward it... like, "wow... can you care a bit please!"
what some of us here are trying to tell you, is that even that attitude, is part of your wife. A part that should not keep you from sexual desires if your focused on the wife you love, not the lust that appeals to your eyes. But you won't hear that, because you want to be excused from allowing God to transform your mind, heart, desires. What we are telling you, is that unless you allow God to transform your mind, heart, desires, your marriage is doomed.
Dh788 - trust me, after this, I don't ever look at anybody's "marital issues/problems" as minuscule or irrelevant anymore, so no offense taken because I know although it can be worse elsewhere, bottom line, just because your hurt is yellow and looks like a building, and mine is black and looks like a door... hurt is hurt, and hurt is garbage... and I'm very saddened that both of you guys are living that reality... I am truly saddened about that! Will definitely be prayerful for you guys.
to the side of extreme, let me ask you this, as it relates to Dh788's comment. If your wife was thin and gorgeous, but was having an affair, even told you about it and about how she didn't desire you, didn't want you, wasn't attracted to you, would you still find her attractive? If she said to you, "you disgust me" would you still want to jump her? What if you saw her with the other guy, making out, flirting, would you still want to have sexual relations with her? I have been counseling with a young woman for the last months who is in a very similar situation with her husband, as in he is the one having an affair, he is the one bashing her at every moment possible, etc. But still, she longs to be faithful only to him, she still finds him sexy, not because of how he looks, but because of the life they went through together, 5 kids, 2 adopted kids, a death on their property, and all the other stuff in between, that is what makes him still sexy to her. It's about seeing through the eyes of love, not the eyes of lust. Is she angry, you bet, even wants to do some things to hurt him, but to her, he is still her husband, she still loves him, she still finds him attractive even though he is one of the ugliest men I know at the moment and she would agree. Real love has a way of blinding us to the flaws in others, and replacing it with desires that are wholesome, godly, which is all some of us are trying to tell you. Life happens, bodies change, even our motivations, our determinations, our dreams, everything changes over time, but the couple who sees each other through the eyes of love, not lust, will desire one another no matter the changes that come, even if laziness is part of that change. even when lies and deceptions are what came along, you might help the spouse to end the sins, but sin doesn't even change your desire, when the desire is a Godly one.

Upvote 0

CHRfreeIST

Feb 9, 2013
✟7,681.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ok... I'm not sure how else to explain the "rules," if you will, to this "hypothetical situation." Razzle... you, like Tropical, can not use and think of your real husband here. I don't know how else to explain that important factor. Otherwise, you get things confused and twisted like referring to PE as ED, and telling me what you real husband and you would do in this situation, when the objection is to share your response, and I will respond as the husband. This is for a reason, and it will never work as long as you assume the point of the experiment, interject your real husbands with this fake one, twist what you and your real husband would say... etc. You can't speak for this husband, because every response you guys give regarding "him", your using your real husband will continue to skew the objective here. Therefore, again, your response above in the first sentence that states, "when my husband was into inappropriate content..." already, your response is incorrect with the guidelines. Guidelines: read the initial situation, give me your responses, questions, feelings, thoughts, etc., in regards to the fake husband. As the conversation progresses, I will continue to build on this husband to further the conversation.

Upvote 0

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Ok... I'm not sure how else to explain the "rules," if you will, to this "hypothetical situation." Razzle... you, like Tropical, can not use and think of your real husband here.
okay, so explain who I am married too then, and how who I am married to, should change how I react to him...iow's I have 5 children, each responds differently to punishment, but I start out the same with each one, hoping to get through to them, I start out with talking to them about why what they did was wrong. Likewise, given that God wants us to be painfully honest and open with our spouse, I don't see how changing spouses would change my talking to him first, and seeing how I can't control another persons behavior, they much make the decision for themselves, I don't see how leaving the choice up to him is going to change. But have at it, explain to me who I am married to, that will change my response, given that my response is based on scripture and human nature.
I don't know how else to explain that important factor. Otherwise, you get things confused and twisted like referring to PE as ED, and telling me what you real husband and you would do in this situation,
I personally didn't say anything at all about PE, so that doesn't apply to me, as to what my husband and I do, didn't say anything about that either, what I said is that I would talk to him in painfully honest and open discussion (as per scripture) and then let him choose what he does (as per human nature and scripture teaching)...end of story...what my husband does or how he responds, never entered the discussion, at least from my standpoint. I did offer into evidence two situations where I lived out what I am saying, so that you couldn't come back and accuse me of saying one thing but living another. None the less, what my husband does or did or would do, never entered the discussion at all.
when the objection is to share your response, and I will respond as the husband. This is for a reason, and it will never work as long as you assume the point of the experiment, interject your real husbands with this fake one, twist what you and your real husband would say... etc.
but see, I didn't do what you are accusing me of, so I'm not sure why you don't just continue with your experiment. I had a guy tell me one time, that he would never ask me out, cause he knew I would hold him accountable (that is to scripture) everyone who knows me, knows that I hold to scripture as closely as I know how. To that end, there are two biblical concepts at work here. 1. open and honest communication, which I told you I would do and 2. letting him choose for himself what he will do, that is, any change that might or might not occur has to come from his will conforming not me manipulating or demanding, etc. You know, submission, that is a pure and reverent life, lived with a gentle and peaceable spirit. So to answer your question, I would talk to him with painfully honest and open communication, then leave the decision up to him. I would do it with anyone I was married to, because it is how God says we should run our marriages, and I trust God more than I trust any earthly wisdom, even my own.
You can't speak for this husband,
I didn't...so why accuse me of such? I never said how the husband would respond, only that I have done it this way with my husband in the past. That was offered only as evidence that I'm not saying one thing but living another, nothing more, nothing less.
because every response you guys give regarding "him", your using your real husband will continue to skew the objective here. Therefore, again, your response above in the first sentence that states, "when my husband was into inappropriate content..."
finish what I said there...I responded with painfully honest and open communication then let him make the decision over his own behavior....nothing at all about how he responded, only evidence that I am speaking truthfully as to how I would respond....if you want to accuse me, at least make it consistent with what I said.
already, your response is incorrect with the guidelines. Guidelines: read the initial situation, give me your responses, questions, feelings, thoughts, etc., in regards to the fake husband. As the conversation progresses, I will continue to build on this husband to further the conversation.
what guideline did I violate? I told you how I would respond, didn't have any questions for you, you already told us in the situation how we were suppose to feel about the situation, and what we were suppose to think, I offered nothing about how the husband would respond, so that is off the table. So where exactly, did I violate the guidelines. Maybe you, like the one gentleman friend of ours, simple don't want to deal with me because you know I will hold you accountable (to what I actually did or did not say).

Upvote 0

CHRfreeIST

Feb 9, 2013
✟7,681.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ok, so very briefly... I laid out who the husband was in the first post. And no you didn't mention PE, but you mentioned ED and thought I am comparing that to my wife losing weight... no. What you and your husband do, yes, you did mention that in the two scenarios you gave. Here's the end of the sentence, "and when his work schedule hindered sexual relations." You did assume the point of the experiment when you said I'm trying to compare weight loss to ED, which is false. And I dont mind dealing with you because I am as well holding you accountable to what you did say. So hopefully that will answer all of your points.

Now to expound upon some of the things you mentioned, so you would talk, and essentially leave it up to him. Ok. Two aspects of your situation is what I want to point out... that is your frustration and your method of painful and truthful communication. These aspects are natural and needed. What I don't agree with you on is the aspect of real or biblical love blinding us to physical desires. Nowhere in scripture does it say that because of my Godly love for my wife I will look beyond her physical, and because of her spirit, either not care, or somehow actually be attracted to her weight size. Nowhere. Because part of the frustration is that when I DO look at her with love, but am just not physically attracted to her, it sucks. Love and attraction cover so many different aspects, but love does not always translate into satisfying a sexual desire... it does cover everything, in that, you for example, loved your husband even more, etc., but it didn't prevent your frustrations initially. Response and action... my response is I am not physically attracted to chubby women, my action WILL BE to still love my wife... this does not, and will never, change the fact that chubby women do not sexually entice me. Period. Now, unless God indeed changes my desires, this will be the case. But here's the thing, that a lot of people don't understand because they lack Scriptural knowledge... she should be praying the same thing. Not necessarily "Lord help me lose weight," but definitely something along the lines of, "Lord, help me to submit to you and serve my husband. Give me a heart to desire to please and to fulfill all of his desires." My desire is not perverse, it is not physically or medically impossible for her to attain, morally or ethically wrong, in fact is encouraged in the light of marriage according to Scripture that I should adore and be intimately desiring of my wife physically.

Your reactions of frustrations and sexual desires are nothing short of normal. Your response of leaving it to him to ask God to change him is spot on. You loving him still, spot on. But please note that it is your opinion that love blinds peoples flaws and included in one of those flaws is overweight... that's just an opinion to physical attraction and doesn't apply to everyone. I am showing my wife better love now, trying to think of her only and become a server of my wife... but lo and behold... still not attracted, to neither her weight and especially her attitude toward it. But, I am leaving it to God because like you said earlier, no one can change her mind but when she's willing, God will.

Upvote 0

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Ok, so very briefly... I laid out who the husband was in the first post. And no you didn't mention PE, but you mentioned ED and thought I am comparing that to my wife losing weight... no. What you and your husband do, yes, you did mention that in the two scenarios you gave. Here's the end of the sentence, "and when his work schedule hindered sexual relations." You did assume the point of the experiment when you said I'm trying to compare weight loss to ED, which is false. And I dont mind dealing with you because I am as well holding you accountable to what you did say. So hopefully that will answer all of your points.
look, I'm not gonna argue...when I asked for clarity as to what the question is, you refused to offer any, so yes, I figured out from your posts to others, that you were trying to compare two unrelated things, and here's the news flash...if you weren't, you would be in violation of the rules of the forum about changing the topic. Secondly, as to the "when his work schedule hindered sexual relations" in context is exactly what I told you previously and you refuse to accept...that is an example that testifies to you that I would do exactly what I told you I would do. It has nothing at all to do with what he, that is my husband would do, but rather it is evidence that what I told you I would do, I would do...if you can't get that through your thick head, I'm afraid we can't discuss any of this any longer, cause quite frankly that kind of misuse of someones words, really gets under my skin and I am afraid I would cross a line I personally refuse to cross. NO WHERE! I repeat, NO WHERE did I ever say anything about what my husband would or would not do, only what I would do and I evidenced the truth of what I would do by sighting real life examples...which basically boils down to, me answering the question in accordance to your rules, but you not liking the answer so your now trying to take me out of context and twist what I am saying so that you can shift some of your problems off onto me, which I will not take...have a great day, stay dry.
Now to expound upon some of the things you mentioned, so you would talk, and essentially leave it up to him. Ok. Two aspects of your situation is what I want to point out... that is your frustration and your method of painful and truthful communication. These aspects are natural and needed. What I don't agree with you on is the aspect of real or biblical love blinding us to physical desires.
well, since I don't agree that real or biblical love blind us to physical desires I'm not really sure at all what you think you disagree with me about, but that goes back to holding you accountable to what I actually did say, not your twisted version of what I said, doesn't it!!!!! What I said, is that when we change our vision from lust to love, our desires change, I said absolutely nothing about what attracts us changing, only our desires. And to repeat that clarification yet again, when you see your spouse with the eyes of love, doesn't matter if they are 1000 years old, wrinkly, fat, hunched over, you will still find them, that is that person that is the object of your love, sexy, because you are seeing them, not their flesh. You still might find the skinny, 20 year old in hot pants attractive, may even stir up feelings of desire, but your spouse, whom you love, will always turn you on, when you look through the eyes of love. And hint, the longer you live in that love, the more your desire for your spouse grows, which is good, cause that makes the temptation to have an affair lessened...oh, and one more thing, nothing in this "disagreement" which isn't a disagreement at all, cause you still aren't listening to what is being said, has anything at all to do with my claim that we (I) would talk with painfully honest and open discussion.
Nowhere in scripture does it say that because of my Godly love for my wife I will look beyond her physical, and because of her spirit, either not care, or somehow actually be attracted to her weight size.
hum...since that isn't what I said, that is a challenge, none the less, I will point out to you that scripture tells us several times over to cherish, love, treasure, etc. the wife of our youth.
Nowhere. Because part of the frustration is that when I DO look at her with love, but am just not physically attracted to her, it sucks. Love and attraction cover so many different aspects, but love does not always translate into satisfying a sexual desire... it does cover everything, in that, you for example, loved your husband even more, etc., but it didn't prevent your frustrations initially.
lots of people get confused when it comes to sexual frustration...they seem to think that sexual frustration is the end of the world, it isn't....
Response and action... my response is I am not physically attracted to chubby women, my action WILL BE to still love my wife... this does not, and will never, change the fact that chubby women do not sexually entice me. Period.
we aren't talking about chubby women, we are talking about your chubby wife...and you can find her attractive if you change your vision, your desire, your lust to love.
Now, unless God indeed changes my desires, this will be the case.
but that is just it, in Christ, our desires change from the world to Godliness...I John 2:16 For everything in the world--the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life--comes not from the Father but from the world.
But here's the thing, that a lot of people don't understand because they lack Scriptural knowledge... she should be praying the same thing.
this discussion is about you learning to find your wife attractive, not you finding away to force your wife to conform to your will. IOW's it's about you learning to conform your will to Christ's will, not forcing your wife's will to fit your will and leaving God out of the picture completely.
Not necessarily "Lord help me lose weight," but definitely something along the lines of, "Lord, help me to submit to you and serve my husband. Give me a heart to desire to please and to fulfill all of his desires."
actually, she should want to conform to God's will, not yours, and if your will is conformed to God's will, then everyone wins.
My desire is not perverse, it is not physically or medically impossible for her to attain, morally or ethically wrong, in fact is encouraged in the light of marriage according to Scripture that I should adore and be intimately desiring of my wife physically.
no one is suggesting your desire is perverse, but then again, you aren't responding to what I actually said.
Your reactions of frustrations and sexual desires are nothing short of normal. Your response of leaving it to him to ask God to change him is spot on. You loving him still, spot on. But please note that it is your opinion that love blinds peoples flaws and included in one of those flaws is overweight...
only problem is that I never suggested, said, or even hinted, that love blinds peoples flaws, that is your imagination and twisting into something not said, but then again, that is what I warned you about.
that's just an opinion to physical attraction and doesn't apply to everyone. I am showing my wife better love now, trying to think of her only and become a server of my wife... but lo and behold... still not attracted, to neither her weight and especially her attitude toward it. But, I am leaving it to God because like you said earlier, no one can change her mind but when she's willing, God will.
but if you are not attracted to her, being your wife, you aren't really looking at her with the eyes of love, but since all you are interested in is twisting what it said into something that isn't said, I guess we are done and you are doomed to whatever your wife wants, cause you aren't interested in what you can do to change your situation.

Upvote 0

CHRfreeIST

Feb 9, 2013
✟7,681.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Wow... it is not this serious! I hear everything you're saying, and I'm not here to argue either, but things you say and then argue against, get under my skin as well. Case in point, and as to avoid anymore arguing, confusion, etc., let's get to an understanding here step by step....

How is it that you get to use this as part of your argument, 1) "she still finds him attractive even though he is one of the ugliest men I know at the moment and she would agree," 2) "Life happens, bodies change, even our motivations, our determinations, our dreams, everything changes over time, but the couple who sees each other through the eyes of love, not lust, will desire one another no matter the changes that come"... and not expect me to assume that physical attraction is part of that equation? Honestly, either you don't know proper grammar or you did mean to include physical attraction subconsciously.

Here's why, in example 1, when the predicating word is an adjective like "attractive", you're doing one of two things, either modifying a noun or giving a noun a characteristic, seeming how it predicates another adjective "ugliest" men, I'd assume the latter. This entire statement is describing her attraction to his physical trait.

2) "bodies change," "everything changes over time," "couples who see thru love will desire... no matter the changes," again... I can only assume based on the content described in and concluded with, that physical attraction is included in this statement. This includes the notion, because you included "bodies change", and the word "everything" and the statement "no matter the changes"... again, I don't know why it's a wonder I'd assume physical attraction is again involved in this equation.

That's why I singled out physical attraction because it doesn't apply. Desire my wife, I still do, love my wife, I still do, attracted to my wife physically or emotionally at the moment because of her attitude, I am not. Is there anything wrong with this portion of discussion before we move on?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Wow... it is not this serious! I hear everything you're saying, and I'm not here to argue either, but things you say and then argue against, get under my skin as well. Case in point, and as to avoid anymore arguing, confusion, etc., let's get to an understanding here step by step....

How is it that you get to use this as part of your argument, 1) "she still finds him attractive even though he is one of the ugliest men I know at the moment and she would agree," 2) "Life happens, bodies change, even our motivations, our determinations, our dreams, everything changes over time, but the couple who sees each other through the eyes of love, not lust, will desire one another no matter the changes that come"... and not expect me to assume that physical attraction is part of that equation? Honestly, either you don't know proper grammar or you did mean to include physical attraction subconsciously.
really? You can't read any better than that, or it is just that you insist on taking things out of context? In context, I have never once suggested that physical attraction or that is, the physical traits that catch our eye would change, that is your reinvention of what was said...what I said is that no matter how beautiful or "ugly" someone is, in the end of the matter, it is the person you find attractive that is your hearts desire...let's see, a popular way of saying this would be, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, or beauty is only skin deep. This is the basic philosophy that is being talked about here. It is not the outward beauty that attracts someone who is seeing with the eyes of love, but the inward beauty that forms the desire for that specific person. If after all this clarification, you still want to try to claim I am saying something different, all I can say, is that I feel sorry for you...please refrain from continuing to insist I am saying something I am not, and move on. The constant misrepresentation is inflammatory. In fact, I have clarified many times that your desire for a skinny woman isn't likely to change, but that doesn't mean you won't find your chubby wife hot as all get out, when you learn to see her through the eyes of love, rather than the eyes of the flesh, the eyes of lust.
Here's why, in example 1, when the predicating word is an adjective like "attractive", you're doing one of two things, either modifying a noun or giving a noun a characteristic, seeming how it predicates another adjective "ugliest" men, I'd assume the latter. This entire statement is describing her attraction to his physical trait.
lol...put it in context now, cause context clarifies all the things you leave out to make me sound like I'm saying something other than what I am actually saying.
2) "bodies change," "everything changes over time," "couples who see thru love will desire... no matter the changes," again... I can only assume based on the content described in and concluded with, that physical attraction is included in this statement. This includes the notion, because you included "bodies change", and the word "everything" and the statement "no matter the changes"... again, I don't know why it's a wonder I'd assume physical attraction is again involved in this equation.
again, put the whole thing into context, from what your trying to force my words to say, if I said appearance had nothing to do with it (which is not btw what I said!!!!!), you would say, see, you used the word appearance, so you are contradicting what you said...come on, apply a bit of fair play and deal with what I am actually saying as it applies to the context of what I'm saying...it is only fair in formal debate.
That's why I singled out physical attraction because it doesn't apply. Desire my wife, I still do, love my wife, I still do, attracted to my wife physically or emotionally at the moment because of her attitude, I am not. Is there anything wrong with this portion of discussion before we move on?
yep, lots, but again, the part I am responding to, is your lack of physical attraction to the wife you claim to love. If, beauty is only skin deep, if inward adornment (I Peter 3) is where our beauty lies, then it is the beauty within that love finds attractive, sexy, alluring, not the outward glossed over, air brushed beauty of our youth....and many people here have tried to explain this to you, a dozen different ways, and all you want to do is claim, "I'm sexually attracted to sexy chicks, so that is what I want my wife to become for me..." Hog wash, what if she was attracted to fat dudes, would you get fat to make her happy?

Upvote 0

CHRfreeIST

Feb 9, 2013
✟7,681.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Really? You can't articulate better than that? The rules of grammar don't change because you want to convey information a certain way or don't understand them. You including those premises in your argument assume that physical attraction is involved, research and learn for yourself. The "suggestion" stems from the adjectives and examples you gave.

Now you're saying beauty is in the eyes of the beholder... clearly not according to your opinion that "sexy is what she will be through the eyes of love." Sexy - provoking sexual interest, not there, despite my love for her. And I clearly said her prayer should be "God give me the desire to serve you and serve my husband," His will, not mine. And that last part with 1 Peter 3... let's first off note Paul tells women to not MERELY be adorning outwardly, and in context, since you like context, he's telling women that to MERELY be a sex icon is not what God desires for His daughters. And let's also note that NOWHERE AGAIN in scripture does it confirm your OPINION that through the eyes of love, my wife will be sexy, attractive and so on, NOWHERE!!! That is your opinion. So state that "it is not MERELY the outward opinion that attracts someone", anf let's move on!

Bottom line, it is your opinion, and anyone else who suggests, that through the eyes of love, I "will" be, find or anything related to, sexually attracted to her so long as she is chubby. My attraction left while still being in love with her, in fact, despite her attitude, I'm still in love with her, my love has never left. My outward actions have been restricted, but not my love. So if it is truly in the eyes of the beholder,

Upvote 0

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Really? You can't articulate better than that? The rules of grammar don't change because you want to convey information a certain way or don't understand them. You including those premises in your argument assume that physical attraction is involved, research and learn for yourself. The "suggestion" stems from the adjectives and examples you gave.
dude, if that is all you got from my response, you have more problems than just not being attracted to a chubby wife...seriously, stop putting yourself first in everything. Stop putting your lust above your wife, stop putting your opinions into my posts, stop being so prideful and arrogant that you can't hear anything but your own voice. Based on the way you respond here, it's no wonder your wife doesn't want to work out and get thin for you, cause you would just demand something else of her in your pride.
Now you're saying beauty is in the eyes of the beholder... clearly not according to your opinion that "sexy is what she will be through the eyes of love." Sexy - provoking sexual interest, not there, despite my love for her. And I clearly said her prayer should be "God give me the desire to serve you and serve my husband," His will, not mine. And that last part with 1 Peter 3... let's first off note Paul tells women to not MERELY be adorning outwardly, and in context, since you like context, he's telling women that to MERELY be a sex icon is not what God desires for His daughters. And let's also note that NOWHERE AGAIN in scripture does it confirm your OPINION that through the eyes of love, my wife will be sexy, attractive and so on, NOWHERE!!! That is your opinion. So state that "it is not MERELY the outward opinion that attracts someone", anf let's move on!
wow....can you make what I actually did say any further from what I said than this? Nope, don't think so..and since I consider that type of response inflammatory, we're done unless or until you can actually respond to what I am saying to you.
Bottom line, it is your opinion, and anyone else who suggests, that through the eyes of love, I "will" be, find or anything related to, sexually attracted to her so long as she is chubby. My attraction left while still being in love with her, in fact, despite her attitude, I'm still in love with her, my love has never left. My outward actions have been restricted, but not my love. So if it is truly in the eyes of the beholder,
well, since the core of love is humility, you don't yet know what real love is....btw, I noticed you didn't answer my question about what if she wanted you to get fat, cause that turned her on...I'm guessing your answer is no, cause you like looking buff.

Upvote 0

YodaMama

Jul 22, 2017
Orange County
✟8,184.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Dunno what you're looking for here - advice on whether or not your perceptions are valid - or advice on how to deal with it.

As for whether or not your feelings are valid - I think they are. People are attracted to what they're attracted to - and I think a GREAT amount of what people find attractive boils down to the physical. If you'd wanted a big girl, you'd have picked one out and married her. They're not really hard to come by. Odds are you avoided them for a reason - yet lo and behold - ya got one anyhow and now you're resentful about it.

People will talk to you about "what about when she gets older? What about when she ages? What about when you age? Are you always going to expect perfection?" blah blah. That's a bunch of nonsense. Let the effects of age come when they come. Until then - do the best with what you have. Let your wife be a fine specimen for a 40 year old when she gets there. Let her be a fine specimen for a 60 year old when she gets there (and you do the same). On the same token - let her be a fine specimen for a 30 year old as well (which it appears you're at now).

Excusing present gluttony and sloth on the future effects of aging is just stupid, IMHO.

So - is it valid to think that way? Yeah. But - one thing I would caution you on is degree. Like - if your wife is 5'6" and weighs 150 lbs and you'd rather be seeing a 120 lb girl - then I think you're probably a little overboard. If your wife is 5'6" and weighs 220 or so - and you're only hoping to get her down to 190 - then it's another thing atogether...lol

As for how to deal with it - apart from telling her how much it means to you - you really can't. Any sort of change in a person's life has to come from within. She has to want to. If she doesn't, good luck with that.

Reactions: Rick Otto
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

YodaMama

Jul 22, 2017
Orange County
✟8,184.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Honestly, it's a very good thing that God doesn't love us based your values! Your "idea" of love is flawed and selfish (to be blunt).

Here is a much better question that I believe you can understand: "What if" you were in a horrible car accident and became totally paralyzed for life? Would you still want your wife to love you "unconditionally"?! ^_^

Upvote 0

Rick Otto

The Dude Abides
Nov 19, 2002
On The Prairie
✟29,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Honestly, it's a very good thing that God doesn't love us based your values! Your "idea" of love is flawed and selfish (to be blunt).

Here is a much better question that I believe you can understand: "What if" you were in a horrible car accident and became totally paralyzed for life? Would you still want your wife to love you "unconditionally"?! ^_^
That's what anybody wants.
Whose fault was the accident?
I thought your answer in the above post was far better.

Upvote 0

YodaMama

Jul 22, 2017
Orange County
✟8,184.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That's what anybody wants.
Whose fault was the accident?
I thought your answer in the above post was far better.
We "ALL" have faults, issues, etc. but if we are indeed Christ followers then we should follow Christ's examples too! Love unconditionally, forgive, get rid of all bitterness and resentment, and seek to be more and more in love with our Heavenly Father each day.

Upvote 0

Rick Otto

The Dude Abides
Nov 19, 2002
On The Prairie
✟29,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
We "ALL" have faults, issues, etc. but if we are indeed Christ followers then we should follow Christ's examples too! Love unconditionally, forgive, get rid of all bitterness and resentment, and seek to be more and more in love with our Heavenly Father each day.
Yes, of course... I wonder how much of that the spouse is involved in.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

YodaMama

Jul 22, 2017
Orange County
✟8,184.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It doesn't matter what the other person does or doesn't do! ^_^ We are only accountable for ourselves before God.
I've been married for nearly 40 years, and it's not been a good or encouraging relationship. But I am accountable before God to rid of my resentment, bitterness, forgive and ask for forgiveness, pray for and about, and trust Him...even when it seems there is no hope we don't know what God is doing behind the scenes. If your spouse is unrepentant we can't change them, only the Holy Spirit's work in a believer's heart can do that.

Upvote 0

YodaMama

Jul 22, 2017
Orange County
✟8,184.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thanks. I'll be sure and use that excuse next time I disappoint my spouse
Sorry, it's not meant to be an "excuse". If my spouse is yelling at me, do I yell back? If your spouse is being unloving in any way, does it give me the right to be that way as well. NO!!! ^_^

So when my husband is yelling, I can respectfully let him "have his say" and then respond appropriately with something like: "I would be willing to talk with you about this if you can take time to calm down and pray about it, and then come to me in a loving and caring manner. But as long as you're mad I don't feel safe or cared for."

Reactions: Rick Otto
Upvote 0

Rick Otto

The Dude Abides
Nov 19, 2002
On The Prairie
✟29,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Sorry, it's not meant to be an "excuse". If my spouse is yelling at me, do I yell back? If your spouse is being unloving in any way, does it give me the right to be that way as well. NO!!! ^_^

So when my husband is yelling, I can respectfully let him "have his say" and then respond appropriately with something like: "I would be willing to talk with you about this if you can take time to calm down and pray about it, and then come to me in a loving and caring manner. But as long as you're mad I don't feel safe or cared for."
Right.
My point tho, was to question how loving and caring it is to attract someone physically, and then nearly completely disregard that part after securing a commitment.
It seems rather callous to simply call the offended spouse immature or unchristian.

Upvote 0

YodaMama

Jul 22, 2017
Orange County
✟8,184.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Right.
My point tho, was to question how loving and caring it is to attract someone physically, and then nearly completely disregard that part after securing a commitment.
It seems rather callous to simply call the offended spouse immature or unchristian.
Doing neither, but asking if they are loving each other as Christ loves?!!

Upvote 0