So Bitter and Resentful... I'm numb to my wife!

Rick Otto

The Dude Abides
Nov 19, 2002
On The Prairie
✟29,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I've been married for nearly 40 years, and it's not been a good or encouraging relationship. But I am accountable before God to rid of my resentment, bitterness, forgive and ask for forgiveness, pray for and about, and trust Him...even when it seems there is no hope we don't know what God is doing behind the scenes. If your spouse is unrepentant we can't change them, only the Holy Spirit's work in a believer's heart can do that.
Well, I've only been married 33yrs.

Upvote 0

DZoolander

Persnickety Member
Apr 24, 2007
Far far away
✟112,634.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Honestly, it's a very good thing that God doesn't love us based your values! Your "idea" of love is flawed and selfish (to be blunt).

Here is a much better question that I believe you can understand: "What if" you were in a horrible car accident and became totally paralyzed for life? Would you still want your wife to love you "unconditionally"?! ^_^

Really?

I'd argue that Gods judgement is far harsher, for far less, than mine...with drastically more dire and far reaching consequences lol

Upvote 0

YodaMama

Jul 22, 2017
Orange County
✟8,184.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Really?

I'd argue that Gods judgement is far harsher, for far less, than mine...with drastically more dire and far reaching consequences lol
Then you don't fully understand His love, grace and mercy yet. God is more than judgment. <3

Upvote 0

DZoolander

Persnickety Member
Apr 24, 2007
Far far away
✟112,634.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Due to the sins of the father (Adam/Eve) everyone is born into sin. Unless they conform to God's expectations (accept Christ) they can expect to spend an eternity suffering in damnation.

Isn't that about the long and short of it?

Upvote 0

YodaMama

Jul 22, 2017
Orange County
✟8,184.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Due to the sins of the father (Adam/Eve) everyone is born into sin. Unless they conform to God's expectations (accept Christ) they can expect to spend an eternity suffering in damnation.

Isn't that about the long and short of it?
From a very basic understanding, yes. But you have yet to become a student.

Upvote 0