gym_class_hero

Dec 31, 2016
state of grace
✟122,069.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I dont know if this is the right forum or not, so sorry if its wrong. I lead a small group comprised of myself(56) and several young guys(29-30). We read through several books together and then did the series Fan or Follower. Does anyone have any suggestions for another study? These guys don't enjoy reading as much as I do so I've moved on from books, we are just completing a study of 1st Peter. Looking for ideas for our next thing. These guys are all Christians but a wide range of involvement and commitment. Thanks!

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,929,733.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
You can find a good Discipleship series from the Navigators here. It used to be 6 or 7 books when I went through it, and the group leaders had to attend classes to be trained how to properly lead the classes, but it's been trimmed down to just three books, and you can try them one at a time.

Outside of our pastors who were trained in seminary, nearly 100% of the leadership in my church came out of this particular study.

It still looks like a bit of a commitment, but nothing like it used to be. I believe the Navigators made in much more approachable so that more would a) give it a try and b) make it through more than the opening book. I believe there is short little video about it on the website I linked above if you care to check it out. The series is named for Colossians 2:7, but it is hardly about the verse alone.

Upvote 0

Your Brother In Christ

Christian YouTuber
Jan 30, 2017
USA
✟17,945.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If I may, my family did a study on a book called seeking Allah finding Jesus. It is a first hand account of how a dedicated Muslim found Christ. It is not expensive and you can perches it in audio form from amazon.
Love,
Your Brother In Christ

Upvote 0

phydaux

Oct 22, 2014
Hudson, NH
✟14,248.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
There are lots of resources out there - DVDs you can watch together, workbooks you can go through together. But IMO nothing can replace scripture.

Gospel of John, one chapter a week. Then hit up Paul's shorter epistles - Galatians, Ephesians, Philippians and Colossians.

Upvote 0